Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Beginning to look very ominous for Craw, seems very similar to Potter in that he clearly wants the best for the club but just isn't cut out for management.

Results are similar if not worse for Stevie but Potters signings were awful, I still think things will turn around for Crawford, certainly let's get through the first quarter hopefully with a good result next week.

Just now, TheMessiah said:

Beginning to look very ominous for Craw, seems very similar to Potter in that he clearly wants the best for the club but just isn't cut out for management.

I would give it a wee while yet.

I'm no happy clapper but if he can get McDonald and Dow on the wings and Cochrane in central midfield we will be a lot more creative and that would make a big difference to Nesbit and Kiltie's game.

2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I would give it a wee while yet.

I'm no happy clapper but if he can get McDonald and Dow on the wings and Cochrane in central midfield we will be a lot more creative and that would make a big difference to Nesbit and Kiltie's game.

And Thomson and Murray that's 3/4 of the starting 11 not sure about McDonald

I've only been to 5 games this season (Forfar, St Mirren, Dundee, Celtic and Arbroath) but I think we have decent players.

Sadly I think that they're paralysed by fear. I have no idea why it's happening, but it's been a thing since last season. We got lucky in Paisley after massively sitting back second half. We got what we deserved against Dundee after massively sitting back second half. In those game though we absolutely went at it first half, which got us the results. We were positive and confident  Guys made good runs and took players on. We pressed quickly and high and played the ball at a pace. We put in crosses and created chances.

Since the second half of the Queens game it's been different by all accounts. Celtic game seems to be an aberration as we were brilliant that day. 

Arbroath was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Pars team. Horrible stuff, shitebag stuff.

By the sounds of it Dundee United at home and today were similar to last season. Seems like the confidence has utterly evaporated.

I think Crawford has some of it right but unfortunately not the rest. For some reason his teams seem absolutely devoid of creativity and confidence and rush and panic, which results in players not wanting to take responsibility and just launching the ball up the pitch. That's an odd one considering that Crawford was a very creative player and played with bags of confidence, often skinning men and scoring brilliant goals. He missed chances but would then go on to score later. 

Launching long balls is such a pish tactic and has such a low success rate. The majority of the time it's just surrendering possession and thus inviting pressure. Pointless ineffective stuff and a sign of teams with no confidence.

His time is fast running out. I think we have a really good squad, but if they have no confidence it means nothing. They have to believe that they are good, but they look so fragile and so afraid to do anything. Players seem to not want the ball, they seem to not want to do anything with it and seem to be afraid of making errors, which in football often results in them making more errors. 

We have big issues in two of the main errors, central defence and midfield. Ashcroft is poor, which I and others have been saying for ages, and Devine would have been punted had he not been on a two year contract (I said all last season that Durnan was better and would much rather have kept him that Devine). Paton I don't think is anywhere near as bad as folk make out but his partnership with Beadling isn't working. It needs sorted.

Think we need to go either 4-4-2:

Scully/Gill

Comrie Murray Ashcroft/Lang Martin

Dow Cochrane/Turner Beadling McDonald/Coley/Kiltie

Nisbet Ryan/Turner

Or we should go 3-5-2:

Scully/Gill 

Lang Murray Martin

Comrie/Dow Turner Beadling Paton Kiltie/McDonald

Nisbet Ryan/Turner 

None of that means a thing though if players aren't shitting it and if we just punt it long all the time. The fear pervading the team has to be excised post haste. If Crawford can't do that he needs to go.

Edited by DA Baracus

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, I would also argue that a couple of times a game the defence try to take a touch in the box or play a risk pass across the box when launching it up the park would be far better. I think Dow and Murray will improve the confidence of the team. We know this team can play well but Stevie's job is to get them to that level consistently and steer us out of trouble.

What has Crawford actually achieved in management to suggest he can be in any way successful at Dunfermline? 
Always thought he fell into the decent coach, not a manager category. 

Nothing. His record is absolutely woeful.

Change has to happen soon.

Only thing more concerning than our form is the idea that yesterday's performance was encouraging in some way. Confidence looked completely shot and we created almost nothing against a distinctly off-colour Inverness. The game was a complete and utter dud, destined for a forgettable goalless draw, before a bit of inspired Devine intervention. Stonewall penalty and that idiot should be dismantled and sold for spare parts.

The game, especially in the second half, was sitting there waiting to be won but we responded with tentative passes inside our own half or Gill, Ashcroft or Paton smashing balls high and long. Incredibly, we seemed to do much better when we kept the ball on the ground and moved it quickly but why continue with that tactic when Inverness have tall strong defenders and it's windy day? Donaldson was probably MoTM, although his hair is utterly unacceptable.

Our defence and keeper were a lot more solid this week but Inverness barely tested us. Even Robertson said it should have been a 0-0, despite Crawford embarrassingly claiming we deserved to win.  Have been impressed with Comrie so far this season for us; he's probably the only player in the squad who can say he's been solid throughout.

A hearty f**k off to the majority of Pars fans inside the ground yesterday who were screeching about the placement of a free-kick, showing an utter lack of knowledge of the rules of the game.

I don't think Crawford will be sacked yet but feel we're just delaying the inevitable. We have to win the next two games (Thistle A + Alloa H) but seeing as how we've scored one goal since half time on the opening day, I'd say that's probably a long shot.

Also agree with DA that we have a decent enough squad for mid table when everyone is fit and organised. Look at dundee first half. Theres something broken in the dressing room or stevie cant motivate them. I dont agree that all of the players were terrible last season look at vincent and hippo now and also fais is scoring again. We only have one playmaker in Dow and resoriting to long balls seems like a confidence issue also.
All the evidence points to incompetence from Crawford hes had two squads now and failed both times.
Hes as bad as potter.

Between Cochrane, Kiltie and Dow there is enough talent there to be safely mid table. We have a better right back than last season and our left back is better defensively than Longridge. 

Will be interesting to see who plays next week. Cochrane and Dow if fit should be straight into the starting line up. 

If Edwards is fit the same back four should start again as they did okay yesterday and looked pretty solid. 

I really can't see the current manager getting the best out of the players that we have available and that's by far our biggest problem. 

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I really can't see the current manager getting the best out of the players that we have available and that's by far our biggest problem. 

Why? In pretty much the only games that he's had an almost full squad Dundee, Celtic, QoS I think he has performed as expected although we should have held on against Dundee. But I don't think anyone can doubt he got the best out his players in the opening few games of the season. Once we have a full squad let's judge the manager.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

And then what happens when another key player is out? We just wait another 4 or 5 games until we're on track to do a Brechin?

No but CH is where we lack real quality, Martin and Ashcroft looked good Lang was fine without really being tested Murray has looked excellent to have them all out or misplaced due to other injury is hampering us.