Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

In fairness to Morrison he is only 20 and had played significantly less games than Devine. I personally think he'll improve and be a good championship CH.

Possibly. I'd probably pick him ahead of Devine for similar reasons but seems strange he's even playing there when Crawford previously said he sees him as more of a central midfielder.

I'd honestly take us playing 5-4-1 this weekend, just like we did at Celtic Park. Make it difficult for them to score, defend like mad men then catch them on the counter. That sounds like we're giving ICT a lot of respect, and we should be. We've been pathetic in the last two games against two of the teams most pundits would select as 9 & 10 come the end of the season. ICT are no mugs, we need to make it difficult for them.

GK) Scully or Gill - Scully is a good shot stopper but a lot of his game is questionable. He looks a completely different person to the guy who picked up back to back POTY awards whilst on loan with us.

CD - Christ knows who'll be fit but if I could choose it would be Murray, Martin & Ashcroft. I'd probably play Lang instead of Ashcroft but I don't think he'll be fit.

Comrie at right wing back and Edwards at left wing back.

Dow/Cochrane/Turner/Kiltie

Nesbitt

I'd honestly take us playing 5-4-1 this weekend, just like we did at Celtic Park. Make it difficult for them to score, defend like mad men then catch them on the counter. That sounds like we're giving ICT a lot of respect, and we should be. We've been pathetic in the last two games against two of the teams most pundits would select as 9 & 10 come the end of the season. ICT are no mugs, we need to make it difficult for them.
GK) Scully or Gill - Scully is a good shot stopper but a lot of his game is questionable. He looks a completely different person to the guy who picked up back to back POTY awards whilst on loan with us.
CD - Christ knows who'll be fit but if I could choose it would be Murray, Martin & Ashcroft. I'd probably play Lang instead of Ashcroft but I don't think he'll be fit.
Comrie at right wing back and Edwards at left wing back.
Dow/Cochrane/Turner/Kiltie
Nesbitt
We didn't really play 5-4-1 at Celtic Park though? It was 4-5-1 with Edwards playing in front of Martin on the left, Dow playing in front of Comrie on the right and Beadling, Turner and Paton in the middle.

You want the player of the month protecting the keeper... and Beadling needs a place in the team.

He won the Player of the Month as a left back, and for that reason I’d keep him there.

You want the player of the month protecting the keeper... and Beadling needs a place in the team.

Beadling played CB his whole youth career and for Sunderland u23s before joining us. Martin’s best performances for us have been at full back - and his player of the month award was based on his performances there. Why change that, to put someone else in an unfamiliar position?!

7 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Ashcroft gets nowhere near the stick he deserves, he's been found out ever since Morris left us. By no means is he a lot better than Devine IMO.

I almost stormed the hospitality section when he got MotM at the Dundee United game. He was so bad my eyes melted inside my skull.

In saying that, he was still better than Morrison.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Beadling played CB his whole youth career and for Sunderland u23s before joining us. Martin’s best performances for us have been at full back - and his player of the month award was based on his performances there. Why change that, to put someone else in an unfamiliar position?!

No sense in arguing with someone who wants Beadling at full-back. It was either a wind-up or he's beyond any help we can provide.