Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Aye genius, let's play 12 players

Oh ffs, forgot to change the formation.

Put Kiltie out wide, Turner in behind Nisbet and Beadling/Cochrane as the centre-mids (McDonald the one removed).

Edited by DAFC.

17 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

About seven years ago at EEP, you put a sub on but neglected to take a player off, it was at least a couple of minutes before the lino realised his f**k up.

So, the game we were down to 10 men? So we didn't have 12 men at all?

Just toddle back down the seaside leagues aye? Mind and shut the door behind you; there's an awfy draught.

18 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

About seven years ago at EEP, you put a sub on but neglected to take a player off, it was at least a couple of minutes before the lino realised his f**k up.

2-0 up and Andy Kirk missed an almighty sitter. Threw away that game. Didn't matter; we still won the league. Back down you go x

Edited by DAFC.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Was that midweek and McIntyre played 4-3-2 after the red card? 

Nope, it was November 2010 I believe. Allan Walker's looping header deep into injury-time earned the wee team a point.

Adorably, a few Rovers fans admitted to me that was one of their greatest moments supporting the club.

Nope, it was November 2010 I believe. Allan Walker's looping header deep into injury-time earned the wee team a point.
Adorably, a few Rovers fans admitted to me that was one of their greatest moments supporting the club.
There are photos of the aftermath of that goal on the wall of the Novar bar, along with photos from the game in Munich. A draw against 10 men against the Pars and a loss - the Rovers "highlights".

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

There are photos of the aftermath of that goal on the wall of the Novar bar, along with photos from the game in Munich. A draw against 10 men against the Pars and a loss - the Rovers "highlights".

If they'd at least went on to win the title then I could sort of understand it but they slumped limply to a 10-point deficit by season's end. There's a reason they are known as the wee team.

It's similar to Falkirk fans celebrating beating us in a Cup Semi, despite the fact they didn't win the trophy and ended up humiliating themselves in Europe.

19 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It was a massive f**k up. IIRC graham was coming off injured and 2 subs were lined up but both were sent on before word got to the other player to come off. Couple of minutes was probably not really true but the whole rovers support and both dugouts were screaming at them so it probably felt longer. Think that was the 2-2 game after mcgregor got sent off, so technically we weren’t playing with 12.

I remember the game and remember McGregor running into a daft challenge in a way that made the second booking look inevitable. If I recall correctly he didn't play many minutes at all after that game.

I don't remember bringing 2 players on and one coming off though.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You really can't get more tinpot than the Wee Team. 

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
28 minutes ago, DAFC. said:
You really can't get more tinpot than the Wee Team. 

See Cowden

Ah, yes. Parscelona 2-4 Blue Brazil t-shirts. I'm still going for Raith tbh. 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Ah, yes. Parscelona 2-4 Blue Brazil t-shirts. I'm still going for Raith tbh. 

I'm saying Cowden. One of their most successful seasons ever includes conceding dobule figures in a single match. 

I mind the McGregor game. I'm sure someone completely irrelevant to the situation got booked after we'd brought the 11th man back on. Couldn't remember who it was against and couldn't even remember McGregor's name - just remembered his blonde greasy mop.

39 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Tom Lang Update please.

Hopefully should start on Saturday. Murray injured for 8 weeks. Devine took his place on Saturday and was predictably utter shite again. 

Won't be happy if Tom doesn't start against Alloa.