Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

As said above he'll play in the caramel cup this weekend. Officially is our 5th choice centre half when everyone is fully fit though.

Hopefully he proves to be better than what we've got and him and Murray (once fit) will be starting. 

Edited by DAFC.

Has anyone seen/heard anything on Ryan Dow? Wasn't in the squad last week at Arbroath and don't see him mentioned I'm Crawford's Thursday interview.

Picked up a strain I think before Arbroath. Don’t think he was expected to miss much but if there’s any doubt I wouldn’t expect him risked this weekend

Dunfermline v Alloa Athletic
20 Cammy Gill
2 Aaron Comrie
3 Tom Lang
6 Lee Ashcroft
4 Lewis Martin
12 Kyle Turner
21 Paul Paton (c)
8 Tom Beadling 
26 Matthew Todd
9 Gabby McGill
38 Greg Kiltie

Subs v Alloa Athletic 
10 Andy Ryan
14 Danny Devine
15 Kevin Nisbet
16 Stuart Morrison
22 Josh Coley
1 Ryan Scully (GK)

Was a 4321 quite clearly tbf. 

It's the challenge Cup, just chuck it in the bin, the injury to Lang is the most upsetting point, he looked decent. 

We are totally lacking in width, Kiltie was playing more as a 10(and was good) but we are going to struggle with that lack of width. 

Was a 4321 quite clearly tbf. 

It's the challenge Cup, just chuck it in the bin, the injury to Lang is the most upsetting point, he looked decent. 

We are totally lacking in width, Kiltie was playing more as a 10(and was good) but we are going to struggle with that lack of width. 
Easy to say it was clearly a 4-3-2-1 but of the 3 in the middle, Paton was dropping deep leaving a chasm in the middle of the park, Todd was on the left but Beadling wasn't really on the right (he was pretty much nowhere tbh), and Turner was dropping deeper than Kiltie was although both were going wider on occasion (although any width was nominally coming from the full backs). McGill was isolated and didn't get going at all either, then when Ryan and Nisbet came on, Nisbet was often wide trying to get the ball into the middle while Ryan was on the other wing. It was the usual "chuck some players on and hope for the best" formation we've seen a few times this season already.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

What a Shite result. Need wins soon or fans will become even more impatient and rightly so.

But can the Pars afford to pay him plus the staff off ??  Or would it be Dair and Shields promoted to minimise costs ??  If an outsider, who would you prefer ??

I'd give him till the turn of the year and review then.

I've no idea who is available out there. 

I was a huge Crawford fan when he was a player and he truly wants what is best for the club and us fans so I'm willing to be more patient than normal. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to click for whatever reason. We can't get into the habit of sacking manager after manager. 

I would keep Paton in purely because Beadling looked absolutely guff today, I would bring him in for Cochrane and let Kiltie and Dow float in the final third either in behind the striker or on the wings because playing with 3 CDM's today was madness Beadling didn't look interested Todd couldn't cover all the ground and Paton was really really deep. We created a lot more when Ryan and Nesbit came on but I feel we still lacked any real urgency. Crawford is sailing dangerously close to sacking runs of form need a big improvement against Inverness to get us out the blocks in the opening quarter of the season. 

Hope Lang isint to bad but felt we looked fine moving Martin in with Edwards at LB although much of that part of the game Alloa had 10 men

Whilst Martin looked fine at Center back I wasn’t impressed by Edwards at all.

I think Martin at CB and Edwards at LB is still a better option than anything involving Devine or Morrison at CB. We’re now in an unfortunate position that we have 2 CBs our injured and have to mix things up a bit.

Another option might be playing Beadling at CB, particularly now that we have Cochrane available to play in midfield.