Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On paper, Cochrane and Kiltie are outstanding signings, albeit on loan. Let's just hope we can find a system for these guys to work their magic from, instead of fudging them in the team and hoping for the best. With Dow and Kiltie on the wings, there's really no excuse for Nisbet not getting ammunition. 

Him and Cochrane don't strike me as typical players put out on loan. I don't pay all that much attention to the Premiership but I am familiar with both. I'd imagine the development outlook is attractive for clubs putting their younger players through for a season or so.

I have noticed only good things said Greg Kiltie, always nice to see the parent club's fans a bit annoyed at a player being loaned out. His name makes me think of kilted sausages too, good start for the lad.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Asked a Killie fan on social media last night who was disappointed to see Kiltie go out on loan to say the very least. He said he's an attacking midfielder, creative, can score and is full of running. He also said he's the type of player they need and that he should be an established Perm player by now.

The Dom Thomas rumour done the rounds over the summer. I wonder if we tried to get him but Killie wanted to keep him so we went for Kiltie instead. I have to say I'm really happy with this business, probably more so than Thomas.

Edited by JFPar

Kiltie is far too good for this division and Killie letting him go while keeping Dom Thomas around is absolute madness. He’s at his best as a number 10 playing off a striker but really you can put him anywhere and he’ll f**k this league up.

Kiltie is a brilliant signing. He probably got us an extra 9 or 10 points at the end of last season single handedly. 

That's a signing who'll be the difference between mid table and promotion playoffs.

9 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Kiltie is a brilliant signing. He probably got us an extra 9 or 10 points at the end of last season single handedly. 

That's a signing who'll be the difference between mid table and promotion playoffs.

Or relegation play-offs, in our case. 

Without Euan Murray, we look really weak at centre-back. The jury is still out on Ashcroft, who hasn't looked good at all since Callum Morris left tbh.

It would have been ideal to bin Scully and Devine and get more stalwart players in the same sort of ilk as Murray.