Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

March I think, not sure how many games exactly. Although, I do think it's harsh to judge Crawford on last season's shambolic team, let's see where we are after playing every team once.

He managed to win 5 in a row with the "shambolic" team before starting on this terrible run tbf. We had a terrible team but still should have beaten Falkirk at EEP. It can't just be completely forgotten about.

I've been fairly happy with what I've seen this season but we can never play like we did in the first half against United again. More performances like that and we'll sink like a stone.

Morrison was shite, but so was the whole team. Every single one of them had off days. We were playing the best team in the league as well. They will win the league at an absolute canter.

Whoever said we’d be lucky to finish 8th - utter pish, m9. We’ve had a hard start to the season, granted gave away leads in the two matches, but, as said, United will win the league at an absolute canter so you can’t really base our season on that game. Of course if we play like that every week, we’re going to be in trouble, but I’ve seen enough from this team so far to suggest we’ll do alright ie mid-table obscurity; which is the aim, really.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any truth in the rumours you're close to loaning one of our players?

Ross Callachan and David McMillan both available, and probably Steven Anderson too.

I wouldn't understand either of those signings tbh, Ross Callachan to me would seem the most likely but then once Thompson is recovered from his injury we'd be overly stacked in centre midfield, maybe a loan until January? 

I still don't think we're utilising Turner correctly, he could easily play in a 442, get him and Beadling in the middle. 

Beadling was beyond awful yesterday, a ghost.

Crawford tried to match up 442 and it failed completely. United shut down our fullbacks and we didn’t know what to do so just resorted to long punts to Nesbit who was up against big experienced centre halves. I think Crawford made mistakes in his subs also. Turner came on which was correct but imo it should have been for Beadling not Coley or Ryan. In every game so far I’ve been impressed with how Crawford set us up and it caused teams problems but yesterday we were totally out fought and out thought by United and Neilson. After the first goal I thought this is game over. We did a bit better in the second half but failed to take our chances. It could have easily been 4-1.

Edited by D.A.F.C

2 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Winger Vinnie Steels from Burnley the current rumour on dot net. Previously with York City so wouldn't be surprised...

He follows the club and Jackie Mac on twitter which pretty much confirms it 

Personally, I think Saturday showed that we need a bit more experience, particularly at the back. Defensively, we had no leadership. Nobody in that defence was willing to take ownership or lead the line. When Murray is on the park, he never seems to shut up, organising the line, shouting instructions to his teammates. That’s what you need in the defence.

Morrison was struggling and Ashcroft barely looked at him, never mind speaking to him. It also really concerns me at the second goal, no defender picked up Shankland, despite the fact it was so obvious the ball would be crossed in and Shankland scoring 3 goals from crosses v Inverness recently. If Murray’s out for 8 weeks, we need someone who can play that leadership role at the back.

We were poor all over the park and it was unfortunate to have so many players having poor games at the same time, but we really lacked the experience either on the park or coming off the bench, to turn the game around. Turner and McCann looked good, but also showed their inexperience with many of their decisions on the ball.

I know we have a tight budget and I know we’ve said we want to progress youngsters. If there’s room in the budget, I feel like we have a lot of youngsters and bringing in the right experienced players (if available) would be more beneficial. The right players would help with the progression of the younger players as well as help us get more points on the board on a match day. I don’t know what’s out there though and don’t see what happens in training. Got to trust Crawford’s judgment.

Watching the goals back, they're even poorer than I remembered. No idea how Morrison lets Shankland get the shot away or how Scully lets it go through him.

Second one Beadling is chasing shadows, Martin makes a stupid tackle and sells himself, no one is marking Shankland in the middle and Scully lets the ball squirm under him again.

Brutal stuff.

This sounds daft but maybe we were too hasty moving Vincent on? He was needed on Saturday, does lots of off the ball stuff.

Would like to see Bruce Anderson back and an experienced centre half. Looks a certainty this winger guy is signing. We need experience imo.

This sounds daft but maybe we were too hasty moving Vincent on? He was needed on Saturday, does lots of off the ball stuff.
Would like to see Bruce Anderson back and an experienced centre half. Looks a certainty this winger guy is signing. We need experience imo.
Vincent, no thanks.

Vincent was by absolutely no means a destroyer type player, at all. 

For all the nothing he'd usually contribute Vincent was then absent for the other part. Our midfield shape was weird on Saturday which in itself hung Beadling out to dry, with Paton dropping so deep you often had Beadling up against 3 United centre mids, they just passed around him. If Crawford wants to persist with Paton dropping that deep he needs to have 2 centre mids.