Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Trust me, as a Clyde fan, DO NOT do this after that window closes! ☹️

We will wait until January 1st if it should happen.

Long will probably get his chance in the Britnat Wafer Cup.

I think Devine is terrible as well but it's not much of a fresh start if we're panning the guy before he's kicked a ball this season.

I didn't want Crawford to be given the job full-time due to his terrible results last season and he's starting to show positive signs. I can bring myself to give Devine a chance, especially as he's about 4th/5th choice centre back.

I'm unsure if Callum is on a wind up or not, but Devine is definitely not as bad as is made out on this forum. He's not the most solid we've seen no, but over the past 10 years there is has been an awful lot of poor centre halves that were miles behind Danny Devine.

Very poor today. United did their homework and put us under pressure early on. Deserved their 2-0 lead at half time.

Slightly better second half, had good chances at the start of the half that we should have taken. We didn’t though, which is why the game was finished as a contest with about 10 minutes left. Turner and McCann looked good when they came on. None of the starters impressed today, so many of them having an ‘off day’.

Penalty looked incredibly harsh - Turner’s arm was across his body. I didn’t think that was a penalty? Pawlett’s miss not long after was probably the worst I’ve ever seen.

16 for Dunfermline is The worst centre half ive seen this year

Sir Lawrence is unplayable at times, I’ve got my tinted specs on but he could be sniffing about Scotland squad, it’s so obvious he’s playing below himself but goalscorers are so hard to find and we’ve got one of the best in Scotland no doubts about it

17 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Sir Lawrence is unplayable at times, I’ve got my tinted specs on but he could be sniffing about Scotland squad, it’s so obvious he’s playing below himself but goalscorers are so hard to find and we’ve got one of the best in Scotland no doubts about it

If a championship striker is on the cards for a Scotland call up then I would be extremely worried. Also you won't have seen Devine play this year and the big lump Dundee play at the back he is even worse.

Not for me Clive. I don't think he is actually a very good footballer, in that he's not particularly quick, doesn't seem to have a great touch and doesn't link up the play as well as someone of his reputation should. I think he touched the ball about 5 times in the first half and had 2 goals though, so he's clearly doing something right. Albeit both were aided by some awful goalkeeping. The penalty won't have advanced his chances either. He'll bang in 30 odd goals this season mind you, unless he gets his head turned of course...

Hes young but utter pish

Stuart Morrison. Young lad, probably still 18? This season is his first crack at first team football after a promising couple of seasons in the u20s and reserves. He has a lot to learn but I think he’ll improve under Greg Shields.

Saying that, he left Celtic Park last weekend with a £7m striker in his back pocket, so the ability is there.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Stuart Morrison. Young lad, probably still 18? This season is his first crack at first team football after a promising couple of seasons in the u20s and reserves. He has a lot to learn but I think he’ll improve under Greg Shields.

Saying that, he left Celtic Park last weekend with a £7m striker in his back pocket, so the ability is there.

He's 20 and had a poor game like much of the team today. I think he has something about him.

Shankland is definitely worth a try up front for Scotland. Better than Brophy in my opinion. He’ll score goals at any level.

Morrison's game wasn't helped by the play it out tactic.

A young lad against probably the best team in the league who were playing well. Play it out from the back if it's on but why does it have to be all or nothing? I knew we would have days like this but I just hope the young players learn from this, management too. On wards to Arbroath, we really need a win.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Is it? 

When I watched the youth team I never thought he was upto much at CB, indeed Crawford in pre season was saying he didn't see his future playing at CB? That's why he played at Cm at Inverness at the end of last season, any excuses about playing from the back can get in the bin, one of his main strengths is meant to be his ball playing ability, hence playing him at Cm. I didn't watch the full game against Celtic but he was pretty shite against Edinburgh City aswell. 

There's something really strange with Lang, he's now dropped behind Devine in the pecking order?