Walking Down The Halbeath Road

“You only sing in the chapel”
Your songbook was embarrassing today. Took a lot of shine off a great Dunfermline performance on the pitch. Was easily the worst songbook since around 1989 heard at Parkhead;filled to the gutter with with Sectarianism. Shameful

Your songbook was embarrassing today. Took a lot of shine off a great Dunfermline performance on the pitch. Was easily the worst songbook since around 1989 heard at Parkhead;filled to the gutter with with Sectarianism. Shameful
[emoji102]

7 hours ago, KRRAdamslie said:

"My Team: Kirkintilloch Rob Roy"

:lol:

That stuff was shameful and no need for it. All for a bit of banter between fans, but don’t need to get involved in that nonsense. No place for it in football. It does seem ironic though, to have so many Celtic fans up in arms on social media, is it just because the Green Brigade didn’t turn up, to sing their sectarian/pro-IRA songbook today?

Out of interest, do you log onto Celtic forums/threads after every league/European game (you know, when they actually turn up)? Whenever any Celtic games are on tv (which is very regular), sectarian and pro-IRA songs are heard loud and clear. Or is it acceptable when it’s then?

As I say, no defending what a significant number of our fans got involved in yesterday, but you can’t sweep it under the carpet when some clubs do it, then criticise others for it.

11 hours ago, KRRAdamslie said:

I agree on that point. The songs that the Celtic spin out pre match, half time etc, is a bit bizarre. ie; Rod Stewarts take on 'Grace' a bit sentimental.  Lovely song about an Irish Freedom Fighter being murdered by the British as an act of punishment, WTF has that doing being played at a football match? Oh, Rod Stewart singing a song apraising the creation of the Irish Republic and condemning the British authorities but accepts a Knighthood of the Realm, Fuckin hypocritical tosser. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

This is correct. They have absolutely no shame whatsoever.

Yeah it's typical of their nature. Sing offensive songs week in week out prompted by their clubs tannoy but as soon as other fans sing something offensive or unsavoury they are suddenly the pillar of morality in Scottish football

(but I'm not condoning the songs we sang and shouldn't have sang them) 

Did anyone else here their tannoy just before kick off, it was like a cult calling. Bizarre stuff.

Anyway hopefully Nesbit will have a bit more action on Saturday, well need to be every bit as resolute at the back but will have more chances on goal if we can keep our ratio of one scored for every 3 shots then it should be enough.

35 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Did anyone else here their tannoy just before kick off, it was like a cult calling. Bizarre stuff.

Anyway hopefully Nesbit will have a bit more action on Saturday, well need to be every bit as resolute at the back but will have more chances on goal if we can keep our ratio of one scored for every 3 shots then it should be enough.

I really envy the folk that work in marketing for both OF clubs. Both fan bases absolutely thick as mince and lap up the "More than a Club" shite like it's chocolate.

20 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I really envy the folk that work in marketing for both OF clubs. Both fan bases absolutely thick as mince and lap up the "More than a Club" shite like it's chocolate.

Im pretty sure their marketing guys have a bet amongst themselves trying to come up with something they can stick their clubs badge on that punters won't buy.

It was hilarious. How many times did they mention the fact they were "treble treble winners"? Then when they read the teams out they included Neil Lennon's name to try and get some sort of cheer from the crowd who were totally nonplussed. Such a low level of self esteem.

11 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Yeah, I mentioned this at the time. Particularly the Hail Hail... then whatever it is after that in a monotone voice. I can imagine them all wide eyed repeating it. Perverse club and support.

You guys not buying the trinity treble treble DVD then?
Have to say I did like the team announcement thing that tied into the advertising boards and large screens.
Celtic are miles ahead of every other club. We did really well to take them to extra time.