Walking Down The Halbeath Road

35 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Has there ever been a worse individual keeper performance than Chris Smith vs St Johnstone, Xmas Eve 2011?

It was one of the worst things I've ever seen and not just on a football pitch.

Was his first game back in after Gallacher had received an in injury late on against Hearts just previous. 

Fucking howling. 

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

El Alagui is comfortably the worst signing McCall has ever made for us. It was through desperation right enough as Shankland, Loy and others had already turned us down.

Strong shout with Harkins, Cairney and that Irish bloke from that season. 

Strong shout with Harkins, Cairney and that Irish bloke from that season. 

El Alagui literally couldn’t run. He could jog a wee bit but that was it.

Cairney and Harkins at least looked decent for the first half of the season. And Andy O’Connell barely played but scored the winner against Brechin in the Scottish Cup which makes him marginally better than Farid.

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Was his first game back in after Gallacher had received an in injury late on against Hearts just previous. 

Fucking howling. 

Aye. The Norrie gave him a big cheer at the start to try and raise his confidence and he responds by slapping a corner into his own net.

The quintessential haggis hands.

And who could forget his double exploits against ICT in the Scottish Cup, including replay (literally in his case) of failing to kick a simple pass back?

3 of us in an empty Bobbin that evening got asked to calm down ffs. Shut yer hole ya hoor, he's done it again

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

And who could forget his double exploits against ICT in the Scottish Cup, including replay (literally in his case) of failing to kick a simple pass back?

3 of us in an empty Bobbin that evening got asked to calm down ffs. Shut yer hole ya hoor, he's done it again

I remember a comedy own goal at Palmerston but not sure if it was Smith or Dowie to blame.

Was trying to remember the brazilian who played for us in the 98/99 season. Had to google him as I couldn't remember his name. Edinho. Played 1 game on trial when he hit the bar from the half way line. Offered him a contract after that and was utter horseshit and left after 4 months.

Was trying to remember the brazilian who played for us in the 98/99 season. Had to google him as I couldn't remember his name. Edinho. Played 1 game on trial when he hit the bar from the half way line. Offered him a contract after that and was utter horseshit and left after 4 months.
He did equalise at Tynecastle however!

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Keddies it's ok guys ive got this effort against Morton was one of the funniest things I've seen at eep.

If it had been horse racing they’d have put the tent around Keddie there and then and shot him. 

I burst out laughing at it, it was just so stupid to stand that side of the goals when he had time and space.

It was our only loss in the league that season at home, looks like the dafc.co.uk site has removed old highlights. Shame because it’s a classic.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Massively proud of our lads today. Did us proud and gave their absolute all. Lewis Martin in particular looked incredible and put in one of the best performances in a Pars shirt that I’ve seen in years. Fans were amazing throughout and really enjoyed my day.

40 minutes ago, King_Kozma said:

Massively proud of our lads today. Did us proud and gave their absolute all. Lewis Martin in particular looked incredible and put in one of the best performances in a Pars shirt that I’ve seen in years. Fans were amazing throughout and really enjoyed my day.

CleanFrayedBaiji-size_restricted.gif

So much credit has to go to the overall discipline of our players today. Nobody caught out of position, ball-watching, losing their man or making rash decisions. That’s quite remarkable considering players like Martin and Ashcroft in particular have previous for making some poor decisions with diving in unnecessarily etc.