Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Ashcroft will almost certainly get sent off after getting caught the wrong side of Griffiths. 

I think the message should be to stay on their toes, don't make stupid mistakes and don't lose concentration. It's going to be a hard enough game as it is without gifting them 3 or 4 goals with slack passes and being caught ball watching.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I arrived at the ground and was queuing for tickets when the second went in. Needless to say, I went straight back to the pub.

If I hadn't taken my younger brother (nowhere near legal drinking age), then I'd have done the same. Alas, I had to stick it out and take the drubbing like a man.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Ashcroft will almost certainly get sent off after getting caught the wrong side of Griffiths. 

I think the message should be to stay on their toes, don't make stupid mistakes and don't lose concentration. It's going to be a hard enough game as it is without gifting them 3 or 4 goals with slack passes and being caught ball watching.

It's going to be hard enough without Dow gifting a penalty or Ashcroft doing his usual getting caught out nonsense. 

Is Euan Murray going to be out for this? If so, that'll be a huge loss. 

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We've got a much better record at Celtic Park over the past 20 odd years than Ibrox. Not that it makes much of a difference here mind.

Nothing will beat the shock of the Greg Ross winner in 2005. Completely out of the blue and a bizarre result.

We'd go on to lose 8-1 at EEP a few months later and then IMO an even more embarrassing display in the League Cup final.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If I hadn't taken my younger brother (nowhere near legal drinking age), then I'd have done the same. Alas, I had to stick it out and take the drubbing like a man.

My mate was getting a lift off his Rangers supporting pal. Sare yin.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

an even more embarrassing display in the League Cup final.

Did we even have shot on goal that game? Pretty awful turnout from the fans as well. Lucky if there was 10,000 pars fans. 

Edited by DAFC.

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Did we even have shot on goal that game? Pretty awful turnout from the fans as well. Lucky if there was 10,000 pars fans. 

I'll never get over the fact we conceded to Dion fucking Dublin in a major cup final.

Celtic looked terrible and we didn't lay a glove on them. Seem to remember Hunt was injured, which pretty much extinguished any chance we had. A truly gutless display.

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Probably down there with the one of the worst Pars-related Groundhog days you could get, an abysmal day from start to finish as far as I'm concerned. 

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Probably down there with the one of the worst Pars-related Groundhog days you could get, an abysmal day from start to finish as far as I'm concerned. 

Game was pish, weather was pish, had to share a car full of Celtic-daft cousins who were pished (I was 13 at the time). Absolutely brutal day. 

Even if Celtic play their young boys they should run out 3 or 4 -0 winners. I'm expecting absolutely nothing, a performance were we look hard to break down and have a few chances would be nice, sadly it's almost certain that Scott Sinclair will play as he's not started a game this season (I think)

Aye their reserves are terrifying. 

Johnston, Hayes, Morgan, Sinclair, Craig Gordon, Hendry.

All of them would walk into every other team in Scotland.

The unknown factor for us and playing on the break might help but I can’t see us being error free for even 45 mins when we will be under constant pressure. Pressing them high up is just daft too. We really need a miracle.

I’m actually pretty optimistic, I don’t think Celtic will like us getting right in about them and we can quite easily get a bit of luck and get in front and hold on from there, shouldn’t be defeatist .

Right that’s the first 20 minutes covered. Absolutely terrifying how bad things can go after that.

Finally got round to watching Queens' highlights; what the f**k is Ashcroft doing for their goal man?

f**k knows, think he’s trying to be clever and get a goal kick by playing it against Oliver, a far too risky move after he had initially done well to get in position to put the challenge in.

I’m also doubtful about scully’s decision to come out there. Oliver had a tight angle to go for and he’d have been better served sticking to his front post. Yea the cut back is still on but you at least force an extra move out them. By coming out he makes their life easier.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

f**k knows, think he’s trying to be clever and get a goal kick by playing it against Oliver, a far too risky move after he had initially done well to get in position to put the challenge in.

I’m also doubtful about scully’s decision to come out there. Oliver had a tight angle to go for and he’d have been better served sticking to his front post. Yea the cut back is still on but you at least force an extra move out them. By coming out he makes their life easier.

Scully coming out I don't have an issue with but only if he makes sure the ball doesn't go through him or beats him at his near post. Murray was there to stop the cut back.

If anyone has more star ratings for Queens game, post them or send me a PM. I'm guessing Ashcroft and Scully will not feature.

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Finally got round to watching Queens' highlights; what the f**k is Ashcroft doing for their goal man?

Paul Paton said it bounced back off Oliver and that it was a great challenge.

Looks to me that Ash goes in a bit reluctantly, probably scared to give away a penalty with last week fresh in his mind.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Looks to me that Ash goes in a bit reluctantly, probably scared to give away a penalty with last week fresh in his mind.

Not that I'd ever accuse the great man of being anything less than 100% honest but he is the club captain so will always defend his teammates and Ashcroft is in his car school.

Of course it bounces back off Oliver, and it might be considered unlucky it falls directly into his path, but the issue is why it goes anywhere near Oliver.

I agree it’s 90% good defending, he does well to position himself for the challenge and times it pretty well, but ultimately the decision to play for a goal kick instead of putting it straight out is what results in the goal. These sort of decisions from Ashcroft are costly.