Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 14/07/2019 at 23:14, Poet of the Macabre said:

I really liked the look of Coley, because he has something we really haven't had since Cardle left and that's the ability to produce some magic to change a game. He will make mistakes and there may be a run of games where he isn't productive but stick with him and let him show what he can do. Maybe he'll be Liam Horsted but maybe he'll win us a lot of games.

This is what I posted after the Midden game and think it holds true. He will be naff at times but can also provide a spark that could see us win games.

Fact is, he wouldn't be coming to the 19th best side in Scotland if he was fantastic.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

This is what I posted after the Midden game and think it holds true. He will be naff at times but can also provide a spark that could see us win games.

Fact is, he wouldn't be coming to the 19th best side in Scotland if he was fantastic.

I've only seen the Edinburgh City game in full, so in less he just had the fullback sussed really early on, he managed to beat him pretty easily in tight spaces a couple of times. He used the pace of the ball or the momentum of the defender and judged it really well, whilst being a bit clever in drawing a foul in the St Mirren game when we were trying to slow things down and buy a bit more time. 

I can see him being the easiest target when things aren't going well; he'll try a wee flick and it won't pay off every time so it'll come across very frustrating, but he also looks to have that potential to make an absolute c**t of defenders.

I’ve quickly developed a crush on Coley tbh, so this might not fully objective but I’m very surprised to see him getting questioned, his pace and trickery will make him an absolute nightmare for defenders. He should be playing whenever possible.

The latest instalment of the comedy show known as Group H means we'll qualify for the last 16 even if we draw with East Kilbride on Saturday.

A minteriffic defeat would see us crash out.

Barring that humiliation, I'd quite like Ross County away to get it ticked off my list or Celtic at home to end their quadruple-treble hopes.

The latest instalment of the comedy show known as Group H means we'll qualify for the last 16 even if we draw with East Kilbride on Saturday.
Barring that humiliation, I'd quite like Ross County away to get it ticked off my list or Celtic at home to end their quadruple-treble hopes.
The second round is midweek is it not? We've played Ross County away from home so many times in recent years, I wouldn't be heading to that. A home tie against Aberdeen would be good assuming we're unseeded.

The second round is midweek is it not? We've played Ross County away from home so many times in recent years, I wouldn't be heading to that. A home tie against Aberdeen would be good assuming we're unseeded.

Second round is the weekend of 17/18th August. Was also at the weekend last year, when we played Hearts.

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nicky phinn from a yard out, YASS.   Big bayne with the deciding penalty.

Edited by parsforlife

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Nah, it will be on the weekend. Quarter-finals are midweek, although we probably won't need to worry about that.

Doubt I'll go as I'm not even sure I can make the game yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it all. Their interviews, segments and editing was absolutely brilliant in that first series.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Wasn't a big fan of the chat part of the show but the wee features they did were really cool. You can tell some thought and effort had gone into them.

Aye agreed, wasn't a terribly popular opinion on here but I wasn't that fussed about the chatting at all. 

The segments and other parts were really good though, enjoyed the two Duncans part. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Aye agreed, wasn't a terribly popular opinion on here but I wasn't that fussed about the chatting at all. 

The segments and other parts were really good though, enjoyed the two Duncans part. 

I can only guess it was the part that worked well on the podcast but just seemed a little cringey.

The Arbroath video, the one about the lass playing in Italy and Hutchie Vale interview were all excellent. Even enjoyed the fella making empire biscuits with Stephen O'Donnell.