Walking Down The Halbeath Road

**P&B Jobber Pot**

Thanks ot everyone who has donated I'm now happy to proceed with a training top sponsorship, are we all happy to go with Paul Paton's if its availible?

Thanks,

Adam.

ETA if you donated and I havnt been in touch directly could you PM me, thanks!

Edited by Adam101

26 minutes ago, P475 said:

Someone copy and send this thread to Stevie Crawford please, he can’t go wrong with us lot sorting the team out for him 😜

Might as well shut down the whole site if fans can't pretend as if we all know the answers.

I'd be very worried if Crawford didn't notice that his two central midfielders looked like they were towing caravans for the last 20 minutes. I'm sure he did though.

Ross McArthur has been elected on to the SPFL board for the season ahead.

Excellent news, let’s hope he’s listened too.

Select quotes from him.

‘ - acceptance / majority - one of the problems that two of the representatives that look after the championship boards are on the spfl are owners of the clubs - they leave us high and dry - they understand the issues we all have but trying to get it through is difficult’

‘6/7 yrs ago when rangers went down the leagues there was a chance to change it, they (SFL) didn't do it, celtic and rangers have the tv companies, and the formats, we are through at hampden on a regular basis and the top two hold all the power, making the best of what we can from the scraps, look at the distribution in the championship is something we can do it, there's a bigger top up from the new tv deal for the championship, the best that we can hope for’

‘, i think it would be good to have a 12 team championship, but the implications from that goes all the way down the other leagues’

‘B teams will never be acceptable to whilst im involved’(that’s ones a paraphrase but it’s very much his opinion and he’s let that be known)

on paper it looks great, my only concern would be it would leave us a bit more exposed defensively with Dow, Coley and Turner being more attack minded

but until we see more of those 3 it's probably unfair to judge them if they are asked to play a certain way, so could well work

on paper it looks great, my only concern would be it would leave us a bit more exposed defensively with Dow, Coley and Turner being more attack minded
but until we see more of those 3 it's probably unfair to judge them if they are asked to play a certain way, so could well work

Not sure Coley is the right player, if we need our wide men to do defensive duties. Time after time on Saturday, he left his man to push forward and didn’t track back. First half, he got away with it a bit because Andy Ryan covered for him - this left us disjointed though, as we were a striker down if/when we got the ball back. Once Andy Ryan went off, it left Martin with 2 players to defend against and resulted in midfielders having to move out of position to support him, leaving gaps elsewhere.

2 hours ago, 80sPar said:

I'd be quite happy to leave ourselves exposed and watch us compete 4-3, 5-4 wins and losses with £20 on a BTTS single every week.

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Need to be building the midfield around Turner, not scratching our heads wondering how we can fit him in. You can see this lad is going to be one of the biggest young talents we've had in a long time.

I think he'll be a good signing but are we really basing this claim on good performances against Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City?

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think he'll be a good signing but are we really basing this claim on good performances against Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City?

True, but you can see this guy has it straight away.  I might be wrong but I doubt it.

150 odd games for Stranraer and supporters in league 1 were universal in what they saw too. Many have said they were surprised he didn't jump to the Premiership.

I'm basing his talent on what I've hear from League 1 fans and the genuine interest from top clubs, as well as what I've seen in the flesh.

He looks very good. The proof will be in the pudding once he gets a run in the league. 

Last time we were in League 1 he stood out in that Stranraer team although they were pretty shite at the time. He never dominated any matches but the little things like his touch and the way he carried the ball looked way better than any of his teammates.

Although I’m pleased with what I’ve seen from our midfielders so far I’d have been pleased had we signed him.

I don't want to make it seem like I think he's shite. He's clearly a very decent player. Let's wait until he plays even a handful of league games before we cream our collective drawers though.

What impressed me most about his cameo on Saturday was how easily he found space between the midfield and defence. He drifted into these gaps several times and caused them bother. Young lad McCann was also far more effective than Coley when he came on.

McCann is some size for a 17 year old. Think he will be a first team regular before  the season's out.  Would quite like to see him played through the middle but there's loads of competition there.

I will reserve judgement on Coley, he's got power and pace but looks to have a lot of rough edges.