Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I wouldn't dwell too much on Saturday's result. A poor one, of course, but this happens during pre-season. It was their third game in 6 days. 

Wait and see how we are in the league before I start to get wary. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I wouldn't dwell too much on Saturday's result. A poor one, of course, but this happens during pre-season. It was their third game in 6 days. 

Wait and see how we are in the league before I start to get wary. 

Agreed, I don’t really care about these cup games, but our performance was woeful on Saturday tired or not. 

I hope this is just a blip for us, and we were caught out by a very physical opponent. We can only hope that the lads will be ready for opponents like that in the league. 

That said, I have to admit that I’m still very excited about this squad of players, I’m sure that there is much better to come from them. 

7 minutes ago, P475 said:

Agreed, I don’t really care about these cup games, but our performance was woeful on Saturday tired or not. 

I hope this is just a blip for us, and we were caught out by a very physical opponent. We can only hope that the lads will be ready for opponents like that in the league. 

That said, I have to admit that I’m still very excited about this squad of players, I’m sure that there is much better to come from them. 

Absolutely.

Kyle Turner simply has to be starting; he's different class. 

Just now, DAFC. said:

totally agree, but still unsure where his best position is in a 4-4-2 which looks like will be our standard formation

he would have to take the place of either Nizzy or Ryan as we would be left too vulnerable without someone else to do the defensive work alongside Paton (Beadling)

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I have to agree. Turner and Nesbit would be my preferred starting choice. Dow and Coley names must get permanently printed onto team sheet imo. 

Those four players in full attack will be a handful for most teams. Sadly our back line is still a work in process imo, I still think good teams will expose our defensive line. We can only hope it’ll all come good for our league campaign starting. 

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Absolutely.

So are we going

Kyle Turner baby (to the tune of Dont you want me baby)

or Earth Wind and Fire Kyle Turner he never gives the ball away...

8 minutes ago, P475 said:

I have to agree. Turner and Nesbit would be my preferred starting choice. Dow and Coley names must get permanently printed onto team sheet imo. 

Those four players in full attack will be a handful for most teams. Sadly our back line is still a work in process imo, I still think good teams will expose our defensive line. We can only hope it’ll all come good for our league campaign starting. 

Nesbit with Turner playing off him looks to work well. Coley and Dow have to be regulars also.

41 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

Maybe too attacking against the bigger teams but I wonder how this would work

LINEUP111563792529175.png

Awful.  

Either way Turner was played as a conventional centre midfielder for Stranraer so I see no reason why he couldn't play the box to box role that Thomson, Falkingham and Geggan have played for us in the past. 

On Saturday when Ryan got knocked out we should've brought on McCann upfront and replaced one off Paton/Beadling with Turner. 

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Awful.  

Either way Turner was played as a conventional centre midfielder for Stranraer so I see no reason why he couldn't play the box to box role that Thomson, Falkingham and Geggan have played for us in the past. 

On Saturday when Ryan got knocked out we should've brought on McCann upfront and replaced one off Paton/Beadling with Turner. 

agree with the preference for 442 over 352 but to keep Turner, Ryan and Nisbet on the park as well as knowing Paton will be a starter and SC isn't going to not start with his newly appointed captain means 442 doesn't work unless beadling is dropped and that won't work

Turner in for Paton would be ideal but can't see it happening so one of the 3 above will be on the bench

Thought Turner made a difference for 10/15 minutes after coming off the bench, before disappearing - forgot he was on the park towards the end.

When teams are going to sit in and we are expecting more possession, I’d prefer the 4-2-3-1 from last Wednesday, with Turner playing in between the midfield and attack, running into any gaps and stretching the play.

Against the likes of the Dundee sides, I think we may need both Beadling and Paton playing deeper roles and the wide players to be drifting in at times. I don’t know if that’s maybe the role for Turner in that scenario. I certainly wouldn’t play him up top in a 4-4-2.

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Why is Ryan getting dropped all of a sudden? Was outstanding against St Mirren. 

Scully 

Comrie-Murray-Ashcroft-Martin

Dow-Turner-Beadling-Coley

Ryan-Nesbitt 

Interesting idea to bin the guy who was named club captain just days ago. Whether people think it's great, shite or anywhere in between, Paton will start every game if he's not injured or suspended.

I love Beadling but he was an absolute ghost on Saturday. Absolutely dominated the game against a Premiership side and posted missing against a team from the bottom tier. I'll assume he was just knackered.

29 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Interesting idea to bin the guy who was named club captain just days ago. Whether people think it's great, shite or anywhere in between, Paton will start every game if he's not injured or suspended.

I love Beadling but he was an absolute ghost on Saturday. Absolutely dominated the game against a Premiership side and posted missing against a team from the bottom tier. I'll assume he was just knackered.

Paton was also a ghost on Saturday though. 

I'm going to bin the guy who's club captain because I genuinely believe he's probably our fourth best centre midfielder, if Crawford by naming Paton as club captain means he'll have to play every week that's a decision that will bite him on the arse quite severely. 

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Paton was also a ghost on Saturday though. 

I'm going to bin the guy who's club captain because I genuinely believe he's probably our fourth best centre midfielder, if Crawford by naming Paton as club captain means he'll have to play every week that's a decision that will bite him on the arse quite severely. 

I agree. The midfield on Saturday was non-existent, albeit they were largely bypassed with our brutal long-ball tactics. If everyone is fit, then Beadling, Turner and Thomson would comfortably be better options.

As I said, he's going to play near enough every week whether people like it or not. You don't give the armband to a new player if he's not going to feature prominently.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre