Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Both teams were very poor today but will hopefully focus a few minds that thought were world beaters. 

I thought the pitch looked really dry and we didn't zip the ball about like we did during the week, we didn't expose City's aged back line often enough, hopefully a win on Saturday top the group and get some momentum into the Dundee game.

Who would have thought Edinburgh City would be our first group stage loss in this competition.

Lewis McCann and Kyle Turner looked exciting when they came on, they should start against EK. Morrison didn’t exactly have a bad game but there was a real lack of imagination when playing out from the back, Ashcroft didn’t show much more tbh.

That was the first 90 minutes I’ve seen from the 3 games, so on that showing and from what I’ve seen from the other two, we have great potential to damage teams on a quick breakaway but when it comes to attack a team sitting deeper we’re relying on poor defensive lines leaving gaps open.

Worrying performance yesterday for Crawford considering such a strong team fielded. The pitch looked dry and bobbly but would still expect more. Could be a long season ahead although I thought Coley and Nisbet looked promising

Worrying performance yesterday for Crawford considering such a strong team fielded. The pitch looked dry and bobbly but would still expect more. Could be a long season ahead although I thought Coley and Nisbet looked promising

We were a lot better vs st mirren and Albion rovers. It certainly wasn’t a true indicator of our abilities.

How often we hit the heights of the st mirren game 1st in particular and avoid the lows of yesterday(especially first half hour and last 10-15 mins) will determine how we finish. I suspect with the young squad we’ll jump between them quite often, with not very many games where we’re neither fantastic or dreadful.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

3rd game in 6 days at this stage of the year, the boys can be forgiven for looking leggy.

Get a win next weekend and hope it's enough. Should be.

Unless City go nuts and batter both EK and Albion, a win will easily be enough to win the group. We'd have 9pts and a GD of at *least* +7 which I'd be stunned if City matched.

Then again, if we don't beat EK by a few then we don't deserve to qualify tbh.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Destroyed the mighty crossgates primrose 7-3 today.

Worrying that we lost 3 goals ☹️

our performance on Saturday was woeful to say the least. City looked physically stronger and never gave us a minute on the ball, which left us punting long balls that ultimately ended up being taken from us. The ref allowed a hard fought game, and we were second best in it. 

That was a great learning curve for us on Saturday, let’s hope that we can take the lesson and improve from it. 

It was 7-0 then we made changes.

Worrying that we lost 3 goals [emoji3525]
our performance on Saturday was woeful to say the least. City looked physically stronger and never gave us a minute on the ball, which left us punting long balls that ultimately ended up being taken from us. The ref allowed a hard fought game, and we were second best in it. 
That was a great learning curve for us on Saturday, let’s hope that we can take the lesson and improve from it. 

just like the first 2 wins, we shouldn't get carried away as this will be the story of our season, young inexperienced team who will blow hot and cold

main thing they'll need to learn as the season goes on is how to grind out an ugly win (learn from utd on that one)