Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Craw said Murray might not be fully fit for Saturday, no point in risking him IMO. He also said it's taking Lang a little bit longer to get up to speed with the fitness levels so that's probably why we've not seen a lot of him.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

I'd imagine, or at least hope, we're only going nameless for the group stage games. Unless there's some kind of deadline meaning we won't be putting names on jerseys at all. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Think it’s a requirement in the championship, I’d imagine we’re giving the players a chance to ‘earn their shirt’ and not have guys with 1-11 that end up with little game time.

It IS a requirement in the Championship which is why I was being slightly tongue in cheek. It's not a requirement for the Betfred Cup (and neither Andy McCarthy nor Michael Paton had a name on the back of their shirt for us last week as we're waiting on the nameblocks coming from the supplier). I just thought it was odd that none of the players were wearing them.

They can't be earning their shirt. It is a requirement to submit squad numbers to the SPFL before the Betfred Cup starts and to stick with them so what they were wearing is presumably what they are. I take it nobody played both games in different shirts? I presume you just either haven't received the names yet or the kitman hasn't had a chance to put them on.

They've already been assigned squad numbers and are listed on the website (and different to what they were wearing in the Betfred so far) 

They've just given whoever's starting 1 to 11

Edited by 80sPar

It IS a requirement in the Championship which is why I was being slightly tongue in cheek. It's not a requirement for the Betfred Cup (and neither Andy McCarthy nor Michael Paton had a name on the back of their shirt for us last week as we're waiting on the nameblocks coming from the supplier). I just thought it was odd that none of the players were wearing them.
They can't be earning their shirt. It is a requirement to submit squad numbers to the SPFL before the Betfred Cup starts and to stick with them so what they were wearing is presumably what they are. I take it nobody played both games in different shirts? I presume you just either haven't received the names yet or the kitman hasn't had a chance to put them on.

It probably just hasn’t been a priority for the group stage games. I haven’t looked but I’m sure both our games were 1-11 and we made 2 changes to the team last night so at least a couple may have had different numbers.

25 minutes ago, smpar said:

It probably just hasn’t been a priority for the group stage games. I haven’t looked but I’m sure both our games were 1-11 and we made 2 changes to the team last night so at least a couple may have had different numbers.

Interesting........

(Looks up number for SPFL to report rule breach 😉 )

Edited to add on case anyone thinks I was being serious, its not a rule breach. The requirement is for League matches only. You can wear whatever numbers you like in the Cup ties and dont need names.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Interesting........

(Looks up number for SPFL to report rule breach 😉 )

Edited to add on case anyone thinks I was being serious, its not a rule breach. The requirement is for League matches only. You can wear whatever numbers you like in the Cup ties and dont need names.

I wasn't worried anyway, DAFC are on first name terms with the Compliance Officer.

I can’t be the only one pleasantly surprised at the start Ryan Dow has had with us. At 28 he looks to still have great pace and a good delivery and has looked fairly fit which means his pressing has been effective. You have to wonder what he was doing in league 2 last season

Wasn’t aware of the cut off for submitting shirt numbers, realise the rule states ‘prior to the start of the season’ but it’s not clear if that was the league season or not.

In answer to your question, everybody has worn the same shirt number if started both games or were on the bench for both games.

McCann and coley swapped numbers
Ryan and turner swapped numbers
Allan took bowman shirt number
Edwards took Todd’s.

Away kit worn on Sunday, home on Wednesday.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
Paton should have had 4 not 6. 4 is a deeper midfield number in my book.

4 is a centre half you fucking animal

always this....

2 LB, 4 & 5 CB, 3 RB

7 RW, 6 (defensive) CM & 8 (attacking) CM, 11 LW

9 & 10 CF

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

NO NO NO NO NO

LB 3

RB 2

CB 5 6

DM 4

A beast would only think otherwise.