Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That’s the best football I’ve seen us play since the start/end of the season before last.

Hope we still add one or two on loan maybe. Bruce Anderson, Dom Thomas and an experienced keeper would see us challenge top four imo.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Turner is one of the most exciting young players we've had in a while, quick thinking and always looking to attack

Was really impressed with Nisbet both on and off the ball, his first touch is always looking to beat a man and he thinks ahead, link up play had been surprisingly great the last 2 games

Paton certainly isn't Zidane and the Falkirk lot saying he has to turn and can only kick fully facing the ball is hilariously accurate! But he did a good job organising and I think he'll be key to our young squad and can see why they brought him in now

Martin had a great game and Comrie has some pace on him!

Dow's passing and crossing was impressive at times and good to see we can get a good ball in the box again 

Just hope we've not just become a good league cup group stage team and pish when the real stuff starts. Fur coat nae knickers style.

Think there is more substance behind these guys to be fair but still would accept mid table safety with a good few exciting games this season.  

Last two games do have me restraing myself though.

Just enjoy the now.

We're playing exciting attractive football and the players look as if they're loving their football. What's not to like?

It might change aye, but that's to worry about another day.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
14 hours ago, Adam101 said:
I hope we go nowhere near Aird, good player but a total bam, probably will get a gig in Canada if he wants it.

We keep telling you. One day you will believe us when we tell you about the latest Falkirk stray you rehome. A few good crosses at the tail end of a season doesnt mean hes not a wee arsehole.

To be fair you lot were right about Aird but wrong about Craigen and Paton. 

Anyway great performance last night let's keep the momentum going 3 seasons and the Champions League is ours.

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

To be fair you lot were right about Aird but wrong about Craigen and Paton. 

Anyway great performance last night let's keep the momentum going 3 seasons and the Champions League is ours.

Wrong about Paton 😂 give it half a season. 

Anyway il partially give you Craigen. What most of us said was that he was a shitebag. You never seen that, but we also said he was an average footballer and not of the standard required to push on and try to get put of this league. Neat and tidy, but not very good. I think you eventually did see that you would need better, in whatver position he may have played in. 

Last night until the subs we were devastating. Bit of a shock seeing Turner up front and McCann out wide left but it worked,albeit Rovers didn't turn up until 20 minutes to go when we'd gone full youth team.

Impressed with Nisbit, Dow, Martin, Paton, Morrison and Turner. A lot of good work keeping the ball mostly on the deck and playing out from the back.

Scully nearly gifted another howler though and aye, made a couple of good saves bit I want my goalie to be capable of that I don't expect him to f**k around even a few goals up. I'm not scapegoating him but he needs to sharpen up a bit.

Nisbit is what he looked like for Raith, a good all round striker. Quick, strong, good in the air and has a good sense of positioning in the box. Struggling to think of someone who had all those attributes last.

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He'll get found out against a well organised or competent opposition midfield but he fits the role we need him for, keepkng things simple, following the play supporting the young boys and offering an outlet, did a god job at organising everyone around him and a voice in midfield, if hes put under pressure he does seem to get flustered and gets the ball caught up in his feet

But he did play some great passes and through balls including a perfectly weighted long ball for nisbets 3rd 

Paton the messiah 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Unless he goes from nice guy to disruptive in 6 months then what you lot were bleating is rubbish. As he said himself "he's no Zidane" but you lot made out he was causeing trouble which cleary isn't the case with us.

It was good to see us be utterly devisating with 1 up putting the rubbish arugment to bed that you cant be a good attacking team playing 1 up front. We looked a lot poorer as a 4-4-2 but that could have been a combination of being 6 goals up and playing a far younger team.

8 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Unless he goes from nice guy to disruptive in 6 months then what you lot were bleating is rubbish. As he said himself "he's no Zidane" but you lot made out he was causeing trouble which cleary isn't the case with us.

Dont think any of us tabbed him as a trouble maker? Think that came from other fans. He didnt hide for us, was honest and frank in his interviews etc. He was just pretty rubbish at football. Granted he improved a bit from the start of the seaosn where he was genuinly one of the worst I have ever seen. 

Even improved though, he was not good enough and as per the Jimmy Craigen model, you need better. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont think any of us tabbed him as a trouble maker? Think that came from other fans. He didnt hide for us, was honest and frank in his interviews etc. He was just pretty rubbish at football. Granted he improved a bit from the start of the seaosn where he was genuinly one of the worst I have ever seen. 

Even improved though, he was not good enough and as per the Jimmy Craigen model, you need better. 

I don't know. You swan up here into the less diddy forum and insult our club captain and father figure to our wide-eyed young stars. I know you're hurting but that bitterness will just eat you up from the inside.