Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On his day Aird would terrorise any team in this league, he has Pogba syndrome though and only seems to do that when he wants to (ie. playing for a new contract)

not the type of attitude and mentality for what we are trying to achieve IMO, not worth upsetting the balance for 1 player

2 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

On his day Aird would terrorise any team in this league, he has Pogba syndrome though and only seems to do that when he wants to (ie. playing for a new contract)

not the type of attitude and mentality for what we are trying to achieve IMO, not worth upsetting the balance for 1 player

A lot of people seem to say this, but any time I saw him, barring the opening game of the season, he played well. 

2 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I genuinely would not be surprised to see FEB back at East End for a third go. He was rank when he came here on loan last season but I can't help but feeling he was used so badly when he did play, he had niggling injuries which couldn't have helped and his confidence was shot as well. He probably acted the big time Charlie as well but given the dressing room in general appears to have been a nightmare it's probably no surprise.

If he did come back he'd have my support anyway, if not then so be it....but I reckon he'd fit in well with this team

He'd have my support naturally but he'd really have to pull his finger out. Thought money bags Falkirk might have tried to get him in considering how prolific he was when we won league 1.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

A lot of people seem to say this, but any time I saw him, barring the opening game of the season, he played well. 

He played well the first 1/4, went missing in the middle and was bang average bar a couple of world cup goals and then played the best football of his time with us the last 5 games.......then left

Edited by 80sPar

17 minutes ago, 80sPar said:

I didn’t notice this from Aird, Clark on the other hand...... 

he upped his game in the last few games. Probably been tapped up and actually put some effort into his game. 

Edited by P475

Wages might rule Aird out anyway. We were warned about Paul Paton being the antichrist but he has turned out to be some sort of favourite mad uncle to the rest of the squad. Couldn't accuse Aird of lacking in self belief anyway! I'd thought for a while he could be the player they were talking about getting as he's someone Neilson was bound to punt as soon as he got new faces in and Craw/Ross talked about it in a way that would suggest it was someone the fans already knew (and it wasn't going to be Cardle and Adam Hammill is probably even less of a Crawford-type signing).

For his ability i'd welcome him back in a second, but controversially i'd say the same for Clark. We did miss both of them when they left

oh and that Stranraer article is just embarrassing, obviously it's only one side of the story but either way it was petty and arrogant of our management at the time to say the least!

Look to the future. Aim should be to have Ryan, Nisbet, McGill, McCann and Smith bang in the goals now.

We will all always have a soft spot for FEB, but he was a one season wonder. A brilliant one season wonder but time for him to prob aim for league one if staying in Scotland.

Clark would be a good addition, but he wont be back.

I hope we go nowhere near Aird, good player but a total bam, probably will get a gig in Canada if he wants it.
We keep telling you. One day you will believe us when we tell you about the latest Falkirk stray you rehome. A few good crosses at the tail end of a season doesnt mean hes not a wee arsehole.

We keep telling you. One day you will believe us when we tell you about the latest Falkirk stray you rehome. A few good crosses at the tail end of a season doesnt mean hes not a wee arsehole.
It's hard to de-worm a bigot.