Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It’s an interesting transfer. He seems to be quite an attack-minded full back by the looks of things. Hope Martin isn’t frozen out as a result, would like him to have a good run of games

Hopefully there’ll be another winger coming in. Think we could just about survive with the strikers we’ve got but wouldn’t mind another

Reckon he can probably be utilized as a winger, really think we need a other out and out winger though. With Smith going on loan that probably confirms we'll see another striker come in.
I'm not so sure. Reckon he will stick with Ryan,Nisbet, McCann and McGill.

My Airdrie supporting mate considers Josh Edwards an attacking wide player rather than a traditional left back.

Airdrie played with 3 centre halves last season with Edwards playing in that left wing back role, so wasn't as burdened with a defensive role as a more traditional left back on the end of a back four would. 

19 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Interview on official website with Craw says we're still looking for a winger, no mention of another striker though.

Craw was on the telly last night talking about getting an “attacking wide player” in, so at least one to come. 

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1496-moy-winter

Came across that there, basically Stranraer do a piece where they talk to current/ex players and ask about their favourite games, rather impressively I can't remember a thing about that game but the team gives me the absolute fear. 

The way McCann and Jefferies acted seems incredibly dickish. 

I genuinely would not be surprised to see FEB back at East End for a third go. He was rank when he came here on loan last season but I can't help but feeling he was used so badly when he did play, he had niggling injuries which couldn't have helped and his confidence was shot as well. He probably acted the big time Charlie as well but given the dressing room in general appears to have been a nightmare it's probably no surprise.

If he did come back he'd have my support anyway, if not then so be it....but I reckon he'd fit in well with this team

47 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I genuinely would not be surprised to see FEB back at East End for a third go. He was rank when he came here on loan last season but I can't help but feeling he was used so badly when he did play, he had niggling injuries which couldn't have helped and his confidence was shot as well. He probably acted the big time Charlie as well but given the dressing room in general appears to have been a nightmare it's probably no surprise.

If he did come back he'd have my support anyway, if not then so be it....but I reckon he'd fit in well with this team

The player Ross & Craw have talked about is under contract with another club so can't see the return of El Bak. Wouldn't be against it though - clean slate etc and we've all seen how devastating he can be. I wouldn't be against Aird coming back either. His personality might not sit well with Stevie though but he's a proven matchwinner at East End and United will surely need to offload a wage or two. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Came across that there, basically Stranraer do a piece where they talk to current/ex players and ask about their favourite games, rather impressively I can't remember a thing about that game but the team gives me the absolute fear. 

Reading that I am glad they won.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Honestly have no memory of this, so was clearly one of many moments I'd repressed from that time period.

Neil McCann being a fucking arsehole should shock absolutely no one. A spoilt wee p***k.

Good recommendations about the club were made by former Pars players now on the books at Airdrieonians - Callum Fordyce, David Hutton and Nat Wedderburn. Josh claimed that had 
been really important. 

“They were all speaking to me and told me how much they enjoyed their time at Dunfermline and what a great club it is. That just made my decision even easier.”

spread love GIF by Nyle DiMarco

El Bak thinks he's better than he is. Totally found out at this level. He'll be playing volleyball football or whatever it is in the south of France again. 

Wouldn't be against the return of Aird, though.