Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Can anyone give information on recently signed jobber Brandon Luke?

Not really, seemed to move through youth ranks without ever making any threat to the first team. To a large extent he seemed like many in youth football only really there to fill a jersey and give those that might actually end up good enough(but probably not) a teammate. Better than him have moved on from our u20s and not made it in the spfl. He might well kick on but I wouldn’t be holding high hopes.

Re the ticketing issue - some clubs offer ‘member’ cards. Would this be an option for us?

For example, pay £10 for a membership card (like a season ticket) but you can top it up with games online or in the club shop. For the home end, this could certainly help solve the cash issue/queuing to buy a ticket. There would need to be a cut off, for these to be activated in time, but seems like a practical system. Cost dependent, obviously, but we already have cards/readers for the season tickets. These can have cup games added to them, so surely must be a possibility?

No idea how to solve the issues with the away end, although suspect we didn’t expect so many on the day sales for them on Saturday.

A contributing factor to the queues outside. When coaches full of supporters sit at pubs till the last minute and  all rock up at 2:50/2:55 and expect to be able to walk in is it really the clubs fault?  As for food surely we will advise Stephens of potential tickets sales by Friday so they can then estimate what to supply. Then it turns out to be a nice sunny day and a 1000 extra fans rock up it will then mean someone won’t get a pie, flip it and it’s pissing down and folk say nah not today and Stephens are left with a lot of surplus. 

Its alright to moan a little bit sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture. Its not always the clubs fault 

Club lost a lot of cash and hibs fans saying they wouldn't come back.
Theres some things we should be doing better and you cant afford to make a mess of ticketing and food.
It's been bad since Masterton. Why cant we have turnstiles manned and use cash?
It should be easy to get in and quick.
The new system was poor and leads to jams. You wouldn't put up with this level of poor service at any other venue.
I'm moaning because its costing the club cash not for the sake of a moan.

Re the ticketing issue - some clubs offer ‘member’ cards. Would this be an option for us?

For example, pay £10 for a membership card (like a season ticket) but you can top it up with games online or in the club shop. For the home end, this could certainly help solve the cash issue/queuing to buy a ticket. There would need to be a cut off, for these to be activated in time, but seems like a practical system. Cost dependent, obviously, but we already have cards/readers for the season tickets. These can have cup games added to them, so surely must be a possibility?

No idea how to solve the issues with the away end, although suspect we didn’t expect so many on the day sales for them on Saturday.
Can we use smartphones as a ticket maybe?

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Can anyone give information on recently signed jobber Brandon Luke?

He's a player I liked seeing when I watched the youth team tbf, bit of pack and trickery about him, he's got the potential to be a League 2 player I think, 

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Perhaps it's not good customer service or good PR but I couldn't give a f**k about how enjoyable the day was for Hibs supporters.

If you're daft enough to hand over £15 for a meaningless friendly than you deserve no sympathy.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Theres some things we should be doing better and you cant afford to make a mess of ticketing and food.
It's been bad since Masterton. Why cant we have turnstiles manned and use cash?
It should be easy to get in and quick.
The new system was poor and leads to jams. You wouldn't put up with this level of poor service at any other venue.
I'm moaning because its costing the club cash not for the sake of a moan.

This has been covered extensively before. 

We dont have individually manned turnstiles because we were losing money from people being thieving b*****ds and from it being difficult to maintain cash reserves. 

The New system is the absolute norm at allot of major sporting grounds, buying then going into the turnstiles should lower the time spent waiting really, the problem comes with rocking up 5 minutes before then being shocked when you don't walk straight in. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

the problem comes with rocking up 5 minutes before then being shocked when you don't walk straight in. 

In fairness, I've turned up early before and still had to wait 10 minutes, even without much of a queue. Like I said, the people working for the club will be on little or no money so no one should be shocked that they're not the best.

You can plan till your hearts content but if you get 1000 people rocking up 5 minutes before kick off your going to have a queue to stand in.  The other option is to have every turnstiles manned which may not be needed and then the club lose money by paying wages that are not needed. 

In regard to food I’m sure Stephens pay a fee for the season Eg £x per game and then they keep the takings from the match. 

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

In fairness, I've turned up early before and still had to wait 10 minutes, even without much of a queue. Like I said, the people working for the club will be on little or no money so no one should be shocked that they're not the best.

Genuinely I've not had a drama for years now, big jokes about a small home support but I'm absolutely criminal for trying to squeeze that last pint in and I've never had an undue wait to get into the ground. 

I think people are misrembering patg, long queues, wasn’t that uncommon to be standing in a barely moving queue 20 minutes before ko wondering if you’ll get in on time.

I’ve not had any issues at all getting in with the new system. Very occasionally you get an idiot who can’t figure out how to use the machine, but normally that’s sorted pretty quickly by a steward. Most have figured it out by now and it’s far far quicker than waiting on your change and people get stuck by not timing their push through the turnstiles with the button pressing by the operator.

Can things be improved? Of course,having a couple of gates accepting contactless payments would be a good start, as would being able to get tickets on your phone and/or print at home. Would cut queuing for tickets.

Can we use smartphones as a ticket maybe?

This would be a very good option - a popular one too, I’d imagine. Possibly costly to introduce though, which is why I suggested membership cards - we already have a system in place for reading these cards for season tickets.

If affordable, a system that allows mobile/print at home tickets would be ideal in the modern day.

The last time I was at a pay at the gate match was at Hampden a stadium which has far more turnstiles and it was madness the queues were 10/15 mins long and this was half an hour before kick off. I don't think the turnstiles were the problem according the the hibees I was with it was the ticket booth getting swamped. Also nonsense that folk have said they won't be back after a minor delay before a pre season friendly, if you are really that precious then going to public events probably isn't for them. 

Genuinely I've not had a drama for years now, big jokes about a small home support but I'm absolutely criminal for trying to squeeze that last pint in and I've never had an undue wait to get into the ground. 
There's no way you've had a pint before.

Not having it.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's no way you've had a pint before.

Not having it.

I can see you being shocked, I normally take your misses out for some fine wine. 

#SaturdaysAreForTheBoys though and pints it is. 

The last time I was at a pay at the gate match was at Hampden a stadium which has far more turnstiles and it was madness the queues were 10/15 mins long and this was half an hour before kick off. I don't think the turnstiles were the problem according the the hibees I was with it was the ticket booth getting swamped. Also nonsense that folk have said they won't be back after a minor delay before a pre season friendly, if you are really that precious then going to public events probably isn't for them. 

It was Hibs fans, tbf. No surprise they can't deal with a pre advertised kick off time in an easy to access stadium.

Troops,

Full list of available players for sponsorship is out - https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Player_Sponsorship_-_Availability_List&ID=11320

If you have plans to contribute please let me know of punt the cash in here - https://www.gofundme.com/pampb-jobber-pot

If we don't reach the £100 target then we need to have a look at where we want to raised cash to go so suggestions please via PM is probably the neatest way.

Thanks,

Adam