Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Watched some of the open day on the live stream. Few interviews with the staff and players.
Paul Paton was quite funny

So paul what do think of your new team mates.

They're a shambles I mean look at andy ryan still dying his hair a 29 it's a disgrace and that ryan dow looks like he combs his hair with a toffee apple

The players were standing next to him pishing themselves.

[emoji38]
That can't possibly be the case, after all what about those Falkirk fans (who know everything about everything) poo-pooing the idea he might have been brought in to be a positive influence in the dressing room such he's a well known bad apple. [emoji14]

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Watched some of the open day on the live stream. Few interviews with the staff and players.
Paul Paton was quite funny

So paul what do think of your new team mates.

They're a shambles I mean look at andy ryan still dying his hair a 29 it's a disgrace and that ryan dow looks like he combs his hair with a toffee apple

The players were standing next to him pishing themselves.

emoji38.png

Who was the St Johnstone fan that said there Paul Paton couldn't have been a good guy to have around? 

17 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

A week an a bit until the start of competitive action and Dumbarton don't have a squad capable of playing that's got to be a worry.

Think they went through similar last season, either in the summer or in Jan.

Money is tight at a lot of clubs, so I'm sure plenty will avoid having to pay players until they absolutely have to. If that means some short-term pain in the League Cup, it's probably seen as worth it.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Money is tight at a lot of clubs, so I'm sure plenty will avoid having to pay players until they absolutely have to. If that means some short-term pain in the League Cup, it's probably seen as worth it.

Got to be a bit of a risk not having even a core of players in I get that you might not have your full 15 first team players in but you would think they could play a friendly with 11 first teamers with a few reserves and trialists in. Brechin played with 8 trialists the other day.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think Jim Duffy is the bigger issue to them, rather than budget, but that might be miles off.

He apparently offered players contracts, which had a wage cut, via text, then seemed confused why they didn't sign on.

I think Jim Duffy is the bigger issue to them, rather than budget, but that might be miles off.
He apparently offered players contracts, which had a wage cut, via text, then seemed confused why they didn't sign on.

He was also speaking to new players and then couldn’t tell them how much he was able to offer them. I doubt players are hanging about to see what Dumbarton can offer them if they’ve got offers already on the table.

Think they’ll finish bottom 2 this season.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was also speaking to new players and then couldn’t tell them how much he was able to offer them. I doubt players are hanging about to see what Dumbarton can offer them if they’ve got offers already on the table.

Think they’ll finish bottom 2 this season.

Their first signings were on May 31st, and two senior players had apparently turned down renewal offers (given to them via text), on 11th May.

It's not as if Duffy has just found the budget out, hes known for, presumably, two months now.

From the outside, the issue seems to be Duffy having no clue about any player hes not previously worked with, and is refusing to look beyond that pool.