Walking Down The Halbeath Road

People aren’t daft, they can see the team has been stripped back a bit but for me this season is more exciting because of the unknown.

If we are doing well after the first quarter all the fair weather fans will show up.

15 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Matt le Tissier scored a screamer of a free kick in front of the old Cowdenbeath end in the mid 90s and I'm sure there was a friendly against West Ham around the same time that a teenage Rio Ferdinand strolled through.

EDIT: had a wee search for the West Ham friendly and it totally passed me by that Frank Lampard also started that game. Would have been a Harry Curran and Frank Lampard battle in the middle of the pitch.

Frank Lampard (and Eyal Berkovic) in a midfield battle with Harry Curran.

Wow.

17 hours ago, Oscar P said:

Frank Lampard Senior also played against you in a pre-season friendly years before that.

I was very young but went along. Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in a 3-1 win.

Mate's brother still has the programme 

image.png

Some big names in that West Ham side.

16 hours ago, smpar said:

Just a ‘handful’ short of 2000 season tickets. Anyone know how many we’d punted this time last year? That seems quite low.

EDIT: a quick check on twitter shows we’d sold 2279 on 26/6/19, so we’re probably 300-350 down on last year’s sales.

I don't think it does seem low. The free kids tickets were turning into bit of a joke. Out of the five of us that go to the games together, seven kids tickets were taken up. Only one of the kids went regularly another went about 4 times. The other five tickets wern't used. Pars were adding these 5 tickets to the attendance every second week though. To be only 300 behind and everybody now paying is pretty good considering price increases and coming off the back of a terrible season.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

I don't think it does seem low. The free kids tickets were turning into bit of a joke. Out of the five of us that go to the games together, seven kids tickets were taken up. Only one of the kids went regularly another went about 4 times. The other five tickets wern't used. Pars were adding these 5 tickets to the attendance every second week though. To be only 300 behind and everybody now paying is pretty good considering price increases and coming off the back of a terrible season.

Kids tickets "a bit of a joke"? No, this was something that the club was doing right. Just a pity it's been abused. If you want to build/restore a fanbase, that's where you start.

Dunfermline v Forfar Athletic

1 Ryan Scully

2 Stuart Morrison

3 Josh Robertson

4 Tom Lang

5 Lee Ashcroft

6 Paul Allan

7 Callum Smith

8 Tom Beadling

9 Gabby McGill

10 Kyle Turner

11 Lewis McCann

Has there been any mention of a change in captain? I'm more than happy for Ashcroft to stay captain but I know there are a few who wanted a change.