Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dunfermline vs Everton, pre season friendly, was my first ever game but it was the 90's and Westwater let a ball squirm between his legs and in. We lost 1-0...was in the terracing...thats all I remember. 

Matt le Tissier scored a screamer of a free kick in front of the old Cowdenbeath end in the mid 90s and I'm sure there was a friendly against West Ham around the same time that a teenage Rio Ferdinand strolled through.

EDIT: had a wee search for the West Ham friendly and it totally passed me by that Frank Lampard also started that game. Would have been a Harry Curran and Frank Lampard battle in the middle of the pitch.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

West Ham and Coventry in the same summer wasn't it? Those were two of the first games I went to.

John Hartson played for the latter at the time I believe. Maybe Dion Dublin and Darren Huckerby as well?

John Hartson played for West Ham that summer. Found this on a West Ham site.

4598487847_400x280.jpg

I can't find any info on the Coventry match except it was Coventry won 1-0 and it was the Saturday after the West Ham game.

55 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

John Hartson played for West Ham that summer. Found this on a West Ham site.

4598487847_400x280.jpg

I can't find any info on the Coventry match except it was Coventry won 1-0 and it was the Saturday after the West Ham game.

I think we played West Ham on a Saturday a year or longer before that. I remember my pal and I being dazzled by Ivo ripping folk to shreds. 

5 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Matt le Tissier scored a screamer of a free kick in front of the old Cowdenbeath end in the mid 90s and I'm sure there was a friendly against West Ham around the same time that a teenage Rio Ferdinand strolled through.

EDIT: had a wee search for the West Ham friendly and it totally passed me by that Frank Lampard also started that game. Would have been a Harry Curran and Frank Lampard battle in the middle of the pitch.

Frank Lampard Senior also played against you in a pre-season friendly years before that.

I was very young but went along. Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in a 3-1 win.

Mate's brother still has the programme 

image.png

5 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Frank Lampard Senior also played against you in a pre-season friendly years before that.

I was very young but went along. Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in a 3-1 win.

Mate's brother still has the programme 

Just a ‘handful’ short of 2000 season tickets. Anyone know how many we’d punted this time last year? That seems quite low.

EDIT: a quick check on twitter shows we’d sold 2279 on 26/6/19, so we’re probably 300-350 down on last year’s sales.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think we played West Ham in another testimonial at some point? I certainly remember Trevor Brooking guesting in a game (I thought for West Ham) and barely leaving the centre circle while pinging passes all over the place with pinpoint accuracy.

That was a game for George Cowie against Hearts. Brooking played because he was at West Ham with him. Must’ve been pals or something?

Im sure Cowie had a half and half strip on.

I remember watching us against Southampton in a 2-2 draw where Gerry Britton new signing scored both our goals. Went away absolutely enthralled at the thought of him and Andy Smith up front. They didn't really click though? And he ran in a really strange manner. Very underrated player in hindsight though, should get more plaudits.