Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Had a dream that the boy Coley came on as a sub in what felt like a possible Betfred Cup game against a lower league side. Immediately he received the ball, took a few Cardle-esque touches inside from the left and hit an absolute screamer in off the post.

Turns out it was 7 touches before his first Pars goal, which I counted on a live replay you somehow get at games in my dreams now.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Had a dream that the boy Coley came on as a sub in what felt like a possible Betfred Cup game against a lower league side. Immediately he received the ball, took a few Cardle-esque touches inside from the left and hit an absolute screamer in off the post.

Turns out it was 7 touches before his first Pars goal, which I counted on a live replay you somehow get at games in my dreams now.

I think he will disappear back to Norfolk by Christmas in a falkirkesque style.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I think he will disappear back to Norfolk by Christmas in a falkirkesque style.

Aw aye, he’ll probably be absolutely pish and that wee dream of mine will be even more ridiculous than it already is. It’s still managed to get me right into the mood for the new season. Just like every other summer where there’s an international tournament, the Women’s World Cup isn’t quite giving me my football fix.

My going teetotal coincided with the start of last season and I found sobriety and going to the football a crappy mix. Really looking forward to it this season though. I like The Craw's enthusiasm and honesty. He has a vision of how he wants to run the place and I like the sound of some of the signings. Love the strip too. When we came out of admin this is how I saw the club being run. Selling a player, picking up decent prospects, a management and coaching staff with a genuine affection for the place and a knowledge of the history of it and the burden that places on them. The board being open about the budget too and managing expectations. 

The good feeling can of course all get fucked up by terrible results but I've found it hard to take issue with anything Stevie has said about last season and with the squad he has built with the available budget. Really hope he does well. 5th or 6th would be decent IMO. 

£15 for a pre-season friendly. Ooft

That’s a crazy price for a friendly. Guess that means there’s a slim chance our league cup games are priced like everyone else - think just about every other groups prices are £12 across the board!

I’d usually go to home friendlies, but no chance at £15.

£15 is not much, even on minimum wage, you're only having to work that amount of time to earn back your couple of hours of entertainment. Did I say entertainment? Must be the optimist in me that has resurfaced.
Lol.... Not sure if serious

10 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

£15 is not much, even on minimum wage, you're only having to work that amount of time to earn back your couple of hours of entertainment. Did I say entertainment? Must be the optimist in me that has resurfaced.

I'm not sure I could defend £15 to attend a non-competitive football match, particularly two teams at this level.