Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Barjonas be decent imo

I know people think it's cool to slag players when they leave your club and join your rivals but Barjonas is really, really bad and one most Raith fans were glad to see return to Rangers. I have zero doubts he stands out in the development league (under 20s?), but I'd be amazed if he cuts it at professional level after his inevitable release from Rangers. He'll get clubs for a few years before descending into a life of Herbalife and Nandos.
Murray is a very handy player to have, and if you can utilise him at centre half rather than throwing him around the back 4 to fill in, I think he'll do quite well.

Don't know how we've signed this Murray fella since we can't afford him. Guess it doesn't matter when you're this #BigTime.
Today's news re J Longridge means we'll have a maximum of two players starting the opening league game, who started the 3-2 win at United last season.
That's crazy. Some turnover.

Scored a raker in February though and is coming from a big teams academy.
That goal and one other decent performance is all he did in his time at us. I wouldn't take him back at starks and think he would be a poor signing for you.

That goal and one other decent performance is all he did in his time at us. I wouldn't take him back at starks and think he would be a poor signing for you.
I hear what you're saying. Different clubs suit different players. If he's a loan then I'm not arsed one bit, would probably discourage it if anything. Think players can take on a different mindset if it's a permanent transfer though.

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I hear what you're saying. Different clubs suit different players. If he's a loan then I'm not arsed one bit, would probably discourage it if anything. Think players can take on a different mindset if it's a permanent transfer though.

I agree, a lot of the time it'll appear to be a different between a loanee and permanent player. Certainly wouldn't chuck a 20 year old on the scrap heap after a supposed poor spell in  a division he likely does not want to be near.

Feels like to easy a rumour to make after being linked with a couple of Rovers' players anyway.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Don't know how we've signed this Murray fella since we can't afford him. Guess it doesn't matter when you're this #BigTime.

Today's news re J Longridge means we'll have a maximum of two players starting the opening league game, who started the 3-2 win at United last season.

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That's crazy. Some turnover.

We might easily just have one (Dobbie).

Our team for the opening League match last season was (A Martin, J Marshall, C Fordyce, M Doyle, A Stirling, K Jacobs, J Todd, S Dobbie, C Semple, G Harkins, L Dykes). Dobbie is the only one currently signed for next season. Semple and Harkins departed during last season. Fordyce, Jacobs, Todd and Dykes have already moved to other clubs.

The futures of Martin, Marshall, Doyle and Stirling are unconfirmed but none of them are currently contracted. We've signed another left back already, Martin tweeted that he was looking for a job and Stirling has been linked with Falkirk I read.

Why would he be arsed to show up for you in the championship though? Is that not also the type of attitude you were looking to get rid of aswell? I wouldn't chuck him on the scrapheap but he doesn't seem to fit what craw is going for with his squad.@rob1885 seing as I forgot to quote.

Why would he be arsed to show up for you in the championship though? Is that not also the type of attitude you were looking to get rid of aswell? I wouldn't chuck him on the scrapheap but he doesn't seem to fit what craw is going for with his squad.[mention=28212]rob1885[/mention] seing as I forgot to quote.
As I said, loan deals aren't for everyone.

Look at Jake Hastie.

Jake Hastie was cracking on loan at Alloa last season tbf. It's why Motherwell wanted him back for the first team ahead of schedule.
Wasn't great at Airdrie but soon as a wrote that a thought its maybe not the best example.

Murray and Barjonas would be bizarre signings considering they were bang average in League 1. 
Nisbet definitely has something, be interesting to see how he does against full time teams.

El Bakhtaoui made the jump from league 1 to Premiership and was hopeless, it’s ruined the boy. I hope Nisbet gradually makes the step up by going via championship with us. If El Bakhtaoui done that I’m sure he’d have got on a lot better but junk was too big and he couldn’t cope.

When he played against Dundee and Ross Co in the cup whilst we were in league 1 he was superb, so why the move didn’t work I’ll never know. He did manage to grab goals against both of the OF and a few others whilst at Dundee but he looked miles off it.

Murray and Barjonas would be bizarre signings considering they were bang average in League 1. 
Nisbet definitely has something, be interesting to see how he does against full time teams.
Seemed we weren't the only club to rate Murray tbf