Walking Down The Halbeath Road

43 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Have it on good authority we're still owed all of the cup money so I'd imagine that's something to do with these "fees" getting banded about for Nesbit and Murray.

All of what cup money?Both clubs sold tickets directly  to their own supporters

Wasnt a great deal of difference between home and away supports if I remember rightly.Any differential would be negligible

Now I dont know the procedure but if they sold their tickets directly to their own supporters I,d expect them to keep that and not give it back to whoever for them to then distribute at a later date

Wasnt a great deal of difference between home and away supports if I remember rightly.Any differential would be negligible
Now I dont know the procedure but if they sold their tickets directly to their own supporters I,d expect them to keep that and not give it back to whoever for them to then distribute at a later date

Don't get this, even when gates aren't split, for example a league game where Dundee are away to Hearts, Dundee fans would buy away tickets from their own clubs ticket office. Dundee would be selling the away tickets. Dundee wouldn't keep the money?

Why would this be any different?

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don't get this, even when gates aren't split, for example a league game where Dundee are away to Hearts, Dundee fans would buy away tickets from their own clubs ticket office. Dundee would be selling the away tickets. Dundee wouldn't keep the money?

Why would this be any different?

Cause the gates not split

As previously said,dont know procedure where gate is split but what you seem to intimate is,Rovers sell tickets directly to their own support as do Dunfermline who then send proceeds to Rovers/ or whoever who then divi it up and give dunfermline their share after deductions

Edited by Rovers_Lad

As previously said,dont know procedure where gate is split but what you seem to intimate is,Rovers sell tickets directly to their own support as do Dunfermline who then send proceeds to Rovers/ or whoever who then divi it up and give dunfermline their share after deductions

That is 100% what happens. Same with every cup game. It’s not a case of each club keeps whatever % of ticket sales is generated from their fans.

Well that would seem the easiest thing to do surely? Split an overall pot instead of trying to divide up overheads etc for each set of fans? Don't know how I've got myself involved here but just think what you're suggesting has zero relevance. Away fans always buy tickets from their own clubs in my experience.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That is 100% what happens. Same with every cup game. It’s not a case of each club keeps whatever % of ticket sales is generated from their fans.

Cheers for clearing that up

If the Rovers had/have withheld any money due to Dunfermline from a Scottish Cup tie played in January I,m pretty sure the SFA would have stepped in by now or at very least made the rags

Edited by Rovers_Lad

32 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Cheers for clearing that up

If the Rovers had/have withheld any money due to Dunfermline from a Scottish Cup tie played in January I,m pretty sure the SFA would have stepped in by now or at very least made the rags

The chairman stated at the AGM that no debtors were due any money, all monies to HMRC, SFA, wages etc have been paid on time.

The chairman stated at the AGM that no debtors were due any money, all monies to HMRC, SFA, wages etc have been paid on time.

It’s creditors that you would owe money to, not debtors. Also, paying on time is very different to not owing any money. VAT, PAYE etc are paid in arrears and will be classed as a creditor even if not overdue. So I find it very hard to believe you’re claiming the club have absolutely no creditors.

It’s more likely that he said you are not behind with any payments. As others have pointed out, we could simply have come to an agreement in terms of a repayment plan or something.