Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Think Murray will be a good signing for the Pars. He is pretty two footed but favours his right. Looks most comfortable at left back or centre back. I’d imagine you are signing him as a centre back. Fairly certain he’ll be an upgrade on Devine.

He played a lot at right back for us last year but I don’t think he’d be capable of doing a job there in the Championship, it didn’t really work in that position last season.

He’s a no nonsense aggressive defender and his versatility is very useful. I think he’ll do a solid job. Surprised you couldn’t find someone equally good for free, I would have definitely kept him for next season but if this ‘high 5 figure sum’ is even 20/30k I’d be pretty content with that.

Serious question, how do the Pars fans feel about Crawford being trusted with quite a few development/transfer fees so far? I know not many are likely to be substantial but there were doubts about him last year so fair play to your board for backing him and giving him every chance for next season. 

32 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If this guy is signing does anyone actually believe the journalists high five figure fee statement? 

No chance the figure is true. Really can't see us spending 70-80k on anybody, never mind a guy who has played most of his career in the seaside league.

54 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If this guy is signing does anyone actually believe the journalists high five figure fee statement? 

Well, depends on your definition of 'high' - is it high in absolute terms or is it just high relative to the usual 5 figure sums (i.e 10,000) that players usually pass through clubs for.

Worth noting that he had a year on his contract with no break clauses, and that Dunfermline were not the only bidders, so decent chance Rovers got something for him. As others have noted, anything over £20K and sure, happy for you to have him.

19 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Think Murray will be a good signing for the Pars. He is pretty two footed but favours his right. Looks most comfortable at left back or centre back. I’d imagine you are signing him as a centre back. Fairly certain he’ll be an upgrade on Devine.

He played a lot at right back for us last year but I don’t think he’d be capable of doing a job there in the Championship, it didn’t really work in that position last season.

He’s a no nonsense aggressive defender and his versatility is very useful. I think he’ll do a solid job. Surprised you couldn’t find someone equally good for free, I would have definitely kept him for next season but if this ‘high 5 figure sum’ is even 20/30k I’d be pretty content with that.

Serious question, how do the Pars fans feel about Crawford being trusted with quite a few development/transfer fees so far? I know not many are likely to be substantial but there were doubts about him last year so fair play to your board for backing him and giving him every chance for next season. 

In the train wreck that was the second half of last season the biggest positive for SC was probably the players that he brought in during the transfer window.  That's more or less what kept us up.  Presumably the board trust his judgement enough to give him a proper season to have a go at.  He's cleared out the guys that goy paid too much and/or didn't want to be there.  I'm interested to see how he gets on.

I hope most Pars fans would be happy to see a younger, hungrier team on the park.  Whether they have the patience to stay off their backs is another question!

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Aston Villa signed a future captain of their club for a low five figure sum who eventually won the European Cup for Villa. 

Thats right, our own Alan Evans.

Fife Free Press have just posted on Twitter that Raith have accepted the bid from DAFC and Euan Murray is set to sign for you guys today.  Presumably, Nisbet will follow shortly and if so, you cant grudge the pair of them the chance to move to a bigger team in a league above.  

7 minutes ago, Toddy said:

Fife Free Press have just posted on Twitter that Raith have accepted the bid from DAFC and Euan Murray is set to sign for you guys today.  Presumably, Nisbet will follow shortly and if so, you cant grudge the pair of them the chance to move to a bigger team in a league above.  

That must have hurt to type.

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That must have hurt to type.

Nah not at all. Not all Raith fans are howling at the moon type loonies when it come to talking about Pars /  Raith rivalry.