Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, 80sPar said:

hopefully a couple of signings this week, would love it to be of the more experienced variety but got a funny feeling we might struggle to tie that sort of player down till the end of the transfer window with them holding out to see what other offers they might get

Depends how much cash they have in their savings as obviously now they aren't being paid, unless we are trying to get experienced players from the premiership who have been told they can go but are waiting to see who will take them

This is very true Adam, sometimes forget that they are technically jobless until they sign a new contract.

Impressed with the season ticket sales but think it might be skewed by more people taking advantage of the early bird than previous years to beat the price hike

4 hours ago, parsdaft said:

3408 to be precise

Can't see us beating that given there are no freebies and the price increase, but I never thought we'd get over 2000 but we should beat that with room to spare. 

Shields takes the reserves as well which is unusual for an assistant manager to do.

Need more Pars in the backroom staff anyway. Likely candidates will be Roy Barry or Justin Skinner. Inject that pars disease into my veins.

On 6/2/2019 at 12:57, Chubbychops said:

Just under 1700 season tickets sold by early bird deadline.  That fact that we don't do free tickets for under 12 anymore, prices going up and we were terrible last year, makes that figure quite remarkable.

Impressive number that, lucky if we have sold 17...

Think we sold about 1100 last year, our best return in years, lucky to get half that this year!

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Impressive number that, lucky if we have sold 17...

Think we sold about 1100 last year, our best return in years, lucky to get half that this year!

Thought you lot were all buzzing about Hopkin?

Brewster coming in as assistant would be the most blatant form of pandering I've ever seen and if the club think they would win me over with such shameless tactics then they're 100% correct.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Brewster coming in as assistant would be the most blatant form of pandering I've ever seen and if the club think they would win me over with such shameless tactics then they're 100% correct.

We are, but no early bird incentive,no payment plan and more expensive than last year at £295 has put a lot of people off.

If you add in the fact that of our signed players so far, 1 from Queens which is fine but the other was released by soon to be League 2 Brechin, hardly inspiring.

Think many, like me or waiting for signs that a decent squad will be assembled before committing.

I thought you guys would be in a similar situation to us this year but if you are shifting a couple of thousand season tickets, surely Crawford will get a decent  budget to push for top 4?

3 minutes ago, madton said:

surely Crawford will get a decent  budget to push for top 4?

Nope. Think we pretty much made a DCI Gene Hunt of the finances last season: spending money on wasters like Muirhead;  high wages on guys like Myles Offside, etc.

I would rather we went with this approach rather than anything that might put us in financial jeopardy. Might be a total disaster. 

8 hours ago, 80sPar said:

hopefully a couple of signings this week, would love it to be of the more experienced variety but got a funny feeling we might struggle to tie that sort of player down till the end of the transfer window with them holding out to see what other offers they might get

Aye I'd imagine the experienced players will come in later. 

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Absolutely correct. 

3 hours ago, madton said:

but if you are shifting a couple of thousand season tickets, surely Crawford will get a decent  budget to push for top 4?

In the grand scheme of this division we'll have a decent enough budget, even if we make cuts we'd still have a better budget than most going on the assumption that everyone is living within there means... 

Partick and the two Dundee teams will have a higher budget but I wouldn't be shocked if 4th. However with the longer term planning going on I wouldn't be shocked if our board accepted say 5th/6th to have a tilt next year, with all the rookies having a year under there belts as well as having a clearer picture of who is upto first team football. 

Interesting to see Crawford think that Morrison is more of a centre mid, being honest whenever I'd seen Morrison at centre back I wasn't that madly impressed and didn't see him having the potential to come in to a championship defence in the near future, however he might be better as a centre mid? 

With that in mind we must be bringing in another centre back? Currently only have Ashcroft, Devine and Martin. 

Edited by Grant228