Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Another development fee but probably offset by low wages

Some really exciting (on paper) youngsters but we definitely need a couple of old heads in the centre of the park as a calming influence when games get tough and if we find ourselves a goal or 2 down.

Seasoned centre half and centre mid and i'd like to see some of these young boys given a proper chance to kick on in the first team

Beadling is beyond his years with the leadership side of things and surely one of the favorites for the captaincy to let Ashy concentrate on his own game?

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Dunfermline going down the ‘Hartley: Summer of 2018’ route. Bold.

You wish. It helps when you sign players that have at least been involved at respectable club as opposed to a guy who couldn't get in Dumbarton's team but had a lovely beard.

How are we looking for Positions now? 

Keeper-

Scully, Gill

Right Back-

Comrie, Martin, Bowman*

Centre Back

Ashcroft, Devine, Martin, Morrison*

Left Back

Longridge, Martin

Wingers

Dow, Comrie

Centre Mid

Thomson, Turner, Beadling, Todd*

Strikers

Gabby, Smith*, McCann*

*Reserve, youth players. 

Still light at centre back and out wide and upfront, even if Ryan signs on we wouldn't have allot of room if he got injured, with Thomson being out for a bit we could do with another centre mid. I can't see Callum Smith featuring much tbh and if we were to sign another centre back we should look to send Morrison out on loan. 

Last year we were crying out for a natural wide man though, Dom Thomas, Calvin Miller, Declan McDaid a possibility? 

I've started following all the championship clubs on twitter over the summer so I've noticed your last two signings, one the article said he was wanted by elite English clubs and this one says highly rated striker.

Relegation looms then when they no doubt turn out to be Falkirkesque signings.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I think we should loan out gill. Smith needs to prove himself quickly would try McCann ahead of him.
Would like to see a good quality proven centre half and a forward player with experience. Some wingers.

Who plays in goals when Scully gets injured, Marv from the tea shop? Relax man, it's not even June.

Tbf the main problem with Falkirk was Hartley signed a bunch of players without actually doing his homework on them. A bit like fans watching a 2 minute YouTube compilation and thinking a player is a superstar.

With Dunfermline probably not having as much money you’d think Crawford will be a bit more cautious when it comes to bringing players in so will do a bit more work on them.

I can’t speak for all of them but Kyle Turner is a tremendous piece of business. He looked really good when we won the league and McCall was keen on bringing him in at the same time he signed Bell. I think his stock has only grown since then and he’ll have improved as a player so it was going to be hard to get him to Ayr.

McNamara knows McGill. He's the York chairman's son and he was at York when McNamara was there. He was then sold to Middlesborough at 16.

Bowman has had two trial spells at Dunfermline last season. We know what we are getting.

Ryan Dow is no surprise, Comrie played 15 times for St Johnstone and well known to Callum Davidson, Kyle Turner has played over 150 games with Stranraer, so will be well known.

I can see why folk are making Falkirk comparisons but the management know pretty much what they are getting with these guys. If they are good enough to stay in the Championship is another question that time will answer but all signings are a risk as last season showed us.

Bad recruitment at Falkirk aye, but they were probably unfortunate that they all turned out to be duds.

Bold signings and with a bit of luck Crawford, Shields and McNamara have uncovered a few gems. Highly rated youngsters certainly more enthusing than Willo Flood and James Vincent last summer.

Miss being part of the usual championship merry go round of players. Hoping we will revert to type and be heavily involved later on in the summer.

High on the wish list is Mark Stewart.