Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Say it’s a £10k development fee. If his wage demands are £200p/w less than a comparable free agent, there’s no extra cost in this year’s budget. I would imagine that when targeting players, they’ve identified where fees would be payable and worked out a budget accordingly.

I’d certainly rather we enquired about paying small fees for players that are playing with confidence, if available, rather than focusing on players who have been released by teams around us.
It's a good point, hadn't really thought about it like that before

On 06/05/2019 at 17:47, Chubbychops said:

Stevie was on the same train as me coming back from Edinburgh last year. This was before he got the job, but he said he had been down in Scarborough( I know they  went bust, but must be another team close by) looking at a player.  Apparrently the player had decided to move else where by the time he got down there.

Does appear that we have been exploring that market though. 

Bowman played for Scarborough last season, so shows you how long Stevie has been tracking this guy. Seems a lot more preperation going into our recruitment this season.

23 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Bowman played for Scarborough last season, so shows you how long Stevie has been tracking this guy. Seems a lot more preperation going into our recruitment this season.

Fair one! 

Quite a varied football background to Bowman.  Bit of google searching deducts that he's around 18 yrs old. Played(and educated) for a posh school team that beat Eton in the FA schools semi final. Trained with Wigan and Leicester last year, most recently played for Scarborough Athletic and came through Hull & Middlesborough academies.

Guessing he will jump between the reserves and the first team initially.

Beadling didn’t have much experience yet looked decent at our level. I think it’s risky but this league is full of passed around jobbers and we could either do really well or fail like Falkirk. Get seven Beadling standard players and we are challenging top four.

On an another note talbot liked a tweet that basically called hyppolite lazy and goes hiding when it’s not ideal for him. Adds a bit of weight to the rumors I guess, they were at livi at the same time.

Heard yesterday that he's apparently unplayable in training but when it gets to a game he's like a different player. Wouldn't be the first player to suffer from that.

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
6 hours ago, parsforlife said:
On an another note talbot liked a tweet that basically called hyppolite lazy and goes hiding when it’s not ideal for him. Adds a bit of weight to the rumors I guess, they were at livi at the same time.

Heard yesterday that he's apparently unplayable in training but when it gets to a game he's like a different player. Wouldn't be the first player to suffer from that.

He does seem absolutely that sort of player.

If him and Higgy swapped personalities they'd both be good Premiership players.

Seems like Nisbit might be announced today. Good signing or not? Sounds a bit like McManus, not the worst thing if true.

He’s almost the opposite of McManus, who was fucking shite, never scored but would run himself into the ground for you.

Nisbet has had an outstanding season. Good touch, burst of speed, scores any chance he gets. Be interesting to see if he can make the step up or not.

As Paco says, comparisons to McManus aren't really accurate beyond the fact both guys have good physicality.  Nisbet can bully league 1 defenders all day but does most of his work in the box - that's not to say he's lazy either, just that he tends to stay central and as far up the pitch as he can. Very low assist rate (4, i think) but who cares when he's scoring for fun. Good bursts of acceleration, and a very good range of finishing, can generate a lot of force on his headers even from a stationary start. I do think he'll not have it all his own way in the 2nd tier and the times we've played better opposition, he's not had as much joy one on one with defenders, but he's also usually been more isolated as well.

Carried us through last season dominated by Barry Smith's disastrous summer signing policy of which he was the only - unexpected - success.

Edited by renton

If Nisbet can continue where he left off he'll not be in the championship long.  The games against Qots might suggest he needs to bulk up a bit for the step up but hes young and has the talent.  After staying down we were never going to keep him unfortunately.

Aye Dunfermline Press suggests we're to announce two deals today, one new striker and Andy Ryan renewing his deal. I hope it is Nisbet, I like the look of what I've seen from him. He looks like he gives 110% and that's a lot more than the utter diddies we had last season.

Edited by JFPar