Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If you're genuinely leaking these from a credible source in confidence, you're a piece of shit for betraying it.

You can calm yourself right down. All that's been said there is that as of right now we're not signing a certain player we've been linked with. In time that could of course change but for now we're focusing on other targets that we're likely to have better success at signing up. As you know you can't out a source and for now there's no point listing the other targets as only preliminary talks have been held at this stage.

Basically all is quiet at the moment on the signings front.

Source confirms the club are moving on following Liam Brown decision to hold out for other offers. Stevie & Greg looking to get the core of their squad signed up reasonably quickly and don't want to be left waiting to be the 2nd or 3rd choice club for a player when they can go out and find players that actually want to play at the club. They have reiterated they cannot have players that think they're too good for the club and bring morale down.
There have been whispers of a handful of other players potentially coming in. All of those are in the very early stages and nothing to get excited about. However though, the majority of said players are from lower leagues, a tactic which hasn't been great for us in recent times.
I'm not too good for the club. I'm shite can I have a go?

Reilly and Moffat are very good Championship level players. For whatever reason Dunfermline couldn't get the best out of them.
We got Moffat playing well. He left with good will and it was because of his gym and wanting to move back home.
Reilly dunno why.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:
Source confirms the club are moving on following Liam Brown decision to hold out for other offers. Stevie & Greg looking to get the core of their squad signed up reasonably quickly and don't want to be left waiting to be the 2nd or 3rd choice club for a player when they can go out and find players that actually want to play at the club. They have reiterated they cannot have players that think they're too good for the club and bring morale down.
There have been whispers of a handful of other players potentially coming in. All of those are in the very early stages and nothing to get excited about. However though, the majority of said players are from lower leagues, a tactic which hasn't been great for us in recent times.

I'm not too good for the club. I'm shite can I have a go?

Shite? Maybe aye, maybe no.... Cheap? Definitely.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 hours ago, DAFC. said:
I see. If that is true, then I'm not getting too excited as Moff, El Bak, Reilly etc all destroyed that league and turned out guff in the Championship.

Reilly and Moffat are very good Championship level players. For whatever reason Dunfermline couldn't get the best out of them.

Moffat aye. 

Reilly has failed for a year in the Premiership before failing for a year at this level, he's had a good 6 months at this level. The problem with reilly is that he's not really good at scoring goals, or creating them. 

From watching Morrison he'll need to improve allot to be a CB at this level, he doesn't show as much promise as what Martin did IMO, might be a different prospect in centre mid. 

Edited by Grant228

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Moffat aye. 

Reilly has failed for a year in the Premiership before failing for a year at this level, he's had a good 6 months at this level. 

Thats just not true. He had an excellent half season at St Mirren (presumably what you refer to) following a poor year with you and yes failing to really make it at Hearts. You are however completely ignoring two very good seasons he had at this level with us before he moved to Hearts. He has played 4 seasons at the level and been excellent for 2.5 to 3 of them.

Williamson was in the team of the year 17-18. It’s irrelevant.

Reilly was bollocks and so was Moffat at this level. That’s why we released them. Ayr got in to the play-offs despite Moffat, but let non-Pars fans spin it whatever way they want.

If the Nesbit rumours are true then he’ll naturally get my backing, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Reilly was bollocks and so was Moffat at this level. That’s why we released them. Ayr got in to the play-offs despite Moffat, but let non-Pars fans spin it whatever way they want.

If the Nesbit rumours are true then he’ll naturally get my backing, but I’m not holding out much hope.

Again, you're confusing "this level" with 'for us'. Just because Moffat* and Reilly were shite for you doesn't mean they are shite at this level. Both players are more than capable at this level. Moffat probably being one of the best strikers I watched against us this season.

* Though you seem to be the only one claiming Moffat was poor for you.

Kyle Turner, Scott Brown, Liam Brown, Kevin Nesbit, Steven Anderson. The list grows of folk who have apparently signed.

The first 3 are all central midfielders. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Moffat was a huge reason we got in the play offs.

Reilly has has more good seasons in this league than bad.

But just you spin it whatever way you like.

Moff is an excellent footballer but a terrible finisher. God knows how he scored all those goals years ago. It actually became frustrating watching him sqaunder good chances every week but he was a very effective link man. I guess if he could do both, he would be playing at a higher level.