Walking Down The Halbeath Road

No particular loss. Seemed like a decent guy and no lack of effort but unfortunately, like so many, just didn't perform.

There's two guys still there who I desperately hope we can get rid of but fear we'll be stuck with.

I'm fully behind the "Anyone who posts spoilers about a program intentionally, especially a finale nearly a decade in the making is absolute scum of the earth" , however that's not a spoiler. If you can remember every single post you've made on that thread I'd be shocked. 

Edited by Grant228

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm fully behind the "Anyone who posts spoilers about a program intentionally, especially a finale nearly a decade in the making is absolute scum of the earth" , however that's not a spoiler. If you can remember every single post you've made on that thread I'd be shocked. 

Yas, Grant!

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Llama farm in Blairadam Forest and a new eco  stadium on an island on Loch Fitty next.

They should move to the park at the former open cast site. Would be a cracking area and you could watch for free from the big dome things.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

.net awash with comments about he "seems like a decent guy"......what the f**k has that got to do with anything?

Thinks its just a different way of getting across that he came in, tried his hardest, didn't seem to be a bad egg etc. 

Its easier to like a player that isn't particularly fantastic but is trying his hardest than one with talent who can't be arsed. I genuinely wish Craigan well wherever he goes in his career, not the player Falkirk fans said he was. 

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

In our defence, I think the only two positions we didn't play him at was central midfield and right back. 

It was more the chat that he pulled out of challenges, did he not have an argument with someone at the end of his time aswell? Genuinely it's like we got a different player. 

Craigans other half lives down south so it wouldn't surprise me to see him rock up at the conference level with someone. 

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Twitter rumour mill in full swing suggesting we are after Craigen.

he's a reasonable utility player, good enough to keep you in the league, not good enough if you want out it.

I'm not sure how he could be classed as a very good signing for anyone. Decent perhaps but nothing more. Saying that I would've had him in our squad for next season. Just think we should be getting better for the wage he'll be on.

Craigen deserves respect for giving it a decent go in an unfamiliar position, and being a passable full-back. He wasn't outstanding and was responsbile for a couple of terrible goals (Falkirk and Dundee Utd away) but on the whole he did as good a job at right back as anyone could reasonably expect. He also had a couple of games at left-back and didn't look out of place there either.

The only real disappointment from his time with us is that he didn't get as much of a chance to play in midfield as I'm sure he would have liked. That wasn't his fault though - by being the only player in the squad who had shown himself to be reasonably competent defensively at right-back, it was usualy the case that he just had to play there.

He was generally a reliable, unspectacular player who did his best for us.  He should be replaceable, but I wish him no ill either.

Craigen is a decent pro at this level, but far from good enough to get me concerned he’s leaving. I would have probably kept him as he’ll provide utility cover in our squad to an ok level, reliable enough to come and fill a hole but rarely a match winner, there’s a pile like him.

Arguably in the top three players over the season but as said a stop gap player. 

That’s cos outside of thomson and j.longridge you have very little to work with. Even j.longridge had too many bad spells.

You have a ‘mostly did ok, couple of bad games’ craigen and Ashcroft and maybe beadling

Then you have ‘decent but not here long enough’ keena, Anderson and maybe Scully.

And L.Longridge as good for a brief spell but poor otherwise.

After that is just a pile of shite. Being top 3 in our side isn’t an achievement.

Twitter rumour mill in full swing suggesting we are after Craigen.

He’s very much a cally signing. Fits the mold of hardworking reasonably experienced at this level yet not spectacular.