Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, VinnyPar said:
5 hours ago, smpar said:
I've been saying thinking Billy King seems like a very Dunfermline-y signing right now.
Nathan Austin, tae.

Nathan Austin is set to sign for Kelty I believe.

That’s nuts. Barry in ebt mode again?

Source jumped the gun just a tad and forgot Motherwell still have 1 more game to play before the season is over. Obviously he'll have no part in that as he's not anywhere near the first team and might still be recovering from an injury, although not 100% on the latter. Should be all done middle/end of next week. 

This is not a player I'm particularly familiar with but several have been high on him in the past. A young and hungry player which is exactly what we're looking for. 20 now so needs to push on and get first team experience. Unfortunate to come up in a time where Motherwell are thriving with talented young midfielders but should hopefully find his feet at a massive club like Dunfermline.

45 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

What ever happened to Scott Lochhead ? Was he not highly rated

Looked like a decent talent but AJ punted him and I think he ended up playing football in Australia

11 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

What ever happened to Scott Lochhead ? Was he not highly rated

Wasn't good enough for the championship, neither was Duthie who we signed at roughly the same time. 

It's a nagging worry of mine, they were both probably highly rated youngsters but it's a world away from the senior game, a team full of Duthies and Lochheads will see us relegated. 

Chris Kane aswell the shitehouse.

Edited by Grant228

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Wasn't good enough for the championship, neither was Duthie who we signed at roughly the same time. 

It's a nagging worry of mine, they were both probably highly rated youngsters but it's a world away from the senior game, a team full of Duthies and Lochheads will see us relegated. 

Chris Kane aswell the shitehouse.

Chris Kane was class. He'd have two-footed his granny given half the chance.

Chris Kane was brutal.

True what Grant says about going with rated youths. You will never get away with having a team full of them in the championship. I would imagine 2-3 starting games and many making up the bench.

I take i you didn’t go to the Partick 5-1 game when he gave away three goals?

That was horrifying.

Why remind people of this? WHY??!!

Chris Kane was brutal.
True what Grant says about going with rated youths. You will never get away with having a team full of them in the championship. I would imagine 2-3 starting games and many making up the bench.

Yes, big problems if too many are untested. Think we are more likely to try and get 21/22 year olds that already have a decent number of first team games.

At least next season we will have arbroath as a safety net.

A lot of folk probably said that about Alloa.

Arbroath will be no mugs, but you’ve got to fancy them for the drop. Certainly won’t be on the same shit level as Brechin were two seasons ago.

Far too early to be judging teams.

However Alloa, Arbroath and a decimated Ayr side + 1 other who gets it wrong(and there’s always 1)will likely make up the bottom 4.

Our first aim needs to be to get our recruitment right and not be the plus 1 to the relegation scrap.