Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Anyway, any rumours or ideas who these other 3 signings are? Definitely will be either playing in the Premiership or playing in a play-off. 

It took it to mean that they might just have more games to play, so it wasn't necessarily players from teams in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Anyway, any rumours or ideas who these other 3 signings are? Definitely will be either playing in the Premiership or playing in a play-off. 

I think Steven Anderson is a strong possibility. Lots of chat over the last week, then started following Pars twitter account. He stays in Dunfermline too. Tommy Wright now saying that he's looking to get the age of his squad down over the summer. 

Liam Brown's been mentioned elsewhere, out of contract a Well and certainly fits our recruitment plan.  Apparently a talented CM this guy.  Robinson blocked a loan move as he planned to play him in the first team but didn't materialise for what ever reason.

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

3 jobbers from Utd probably.

I've been saying thinking Billy King seems like a very Dunfermline-y signing right now.

Nathan Austin, tae.

Cardle is staying at thistle, can’t deny that hurts a little. SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!11?!!!

I've been saying thinking Billy King seems like a very Dunfermline-y signing right now.
Nathan Austin, tae.

If I had to put my life savings on anyone signing* it would be on billy king.

* I wouldn’t, that would be really stupid.

Apart from that, I think we’ll sign at least 1 probably more guys that nobody has heard of.

Wonder if shields will bring anyone over from the US? Visas possibly an issue there.

31 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Liam Brown's been mentioned elsewhere, out of contract a Well and certainly fits our recruitment plan.  Apparently a talented CM this guy.  Robinson blocked a loan move as he planned to play him in the first team but didn't materialise for what ever reason.

Robinson spoke about that in one of his interviews that go up on the club YouTube channel. Basically there was a loan lined up but he pulled it with a view to getting him in the first team, he also mentioned at that point that he had an injury he was getting back from.

He used to get a regular game under Craigan and he always looked good in that set up. I could be wrong but IIRC he may have captained the reserves a few times when Craigan was taking them.

I've a feeling he may have suffered from Craigan stepping down at the turn of the year and Maurice Ross coming in. There's been a pretty significant change at that level with Craigan leaving and the problem Brown has is that he's definitely not getting in our midfield ahead of David Turnbull or Allan Campbell (who's just been offered a new deal). At Reserves level Ross seems to like Jamie Semple (who's made a few first team appearances) and Dean Cornelius.

He's at the stage where he definitely needs games and a move is probably in his best interests. There's a lot to like about him tbh, I'd hope he could do you guys a turn if that's were he ends up.

Edited by capt_oats

11 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I think all the teams in the championship have struggled this season probably paying players more than they are worth due to the clubs in the league in the last few seasons. Also the Premiership clubs really do hoover up most of the prize money and then get huge windfalls from UEFA, I personally would like to see the solidarity payments split 42 ways it would hugely help the smaller clubs in the divisions and as noone other than the clubs competing in European football have really deserved it then I don't think there is any good reason to fill their pockets even more.

Yeah that's a fair point. Think we are now feeling the pinch after a few seasons of having some big team's in the league.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Cardle is staying at thistle, can’t deny that hurts a little. SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!11?!!!

If I had to put my life savings on anyone signing* it would be on billy king.

* I wouldn’t, that would be really stupid.

Apart from that, I think we’ll sign at least 1 probably more guys that nobody has heard of.

Wonder if shields will bring anyone over from the US? Visas possibly an issue there.

Ibrahimovic or Rooney perhaps?