Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Great stuff Adam, you’re a gentleman and a scholar.

Pleasure, hope you can make it along to a meeting before long! We will be looking at the fixtures to look at alternatives to Thursday 7pm

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Outstanding Adam! 

I don't think Robinson was a bad egg, he said he was fine later on in the meeting. 

Aidan Connolly? Didn't really feature, wasn't always injured, dad is a coach so might have had different ideas etc. 

No worries Grant.  I would agree Crawford called Robinson a good servant to the club and he didn't have to go that far. Regardless of who was acting up at the club thank God they have been emptied, I don't understand anyone in any walk of like who acts like a tit at their work especially if they can't follow instructions.

Also some of the players who only signed a 1 year deal when asked to sign a 2 year deal apparently said 'i wish I had signed a 2 year deal' I can only imagine Crawford was Jezza Clarkson levels of smug when he told them to f**k off.

There was a general call that I missed out from my summary for volunteers around the club, I'm involved in Disabled supporters club, a trustee of the Heritage trust, stadium maintenance and obviously work on the supporters council. If you would like to know anything else about the work that any of these groups do or would like to get involved just ping me a message. 

9 hours ago, Adam101 said:

As promised a quick round up done from memory so folks who were there please feel free to add or correct me.

Ross' report - Pretty much as per his statement the club will be looking at cutting costs and increasing revenue, just like every club in the division they are struggling financially due to the financial golden era created by Rangers* Hearts and Hibs all being in the division boosting attendances but also increasing average wages. He also touched on that this season has been unparalleled in terms of 5 members of staff leaving 14 operations carried out on players and a 6 figure sum down on the ticket sales of walk up sales. 

Ross is in favour of a 12 team championship although has reservations with how many fixtures there would be, would there be a spilt etc etc. He also said that the extra teams would be brought in from the lowland and highland leagues and that assumptions that it would be Celtic and Rangers* weren't founded in any kind of fact (I personally would worry that Celtic and Rangers would just go ahead and push this)

5 players have been signed for next season but due to their current situation the club can't reveal this to the press - I would imagine either Premiership players or players in the play offs or English players.

Reiterated that the lifeline is vital cash and that it would be appreciated if supporters could continue to support the hospitality, buy the replica kits and have functions in the club.

Answering questions about Legends and Charlie D's - there is always one open and when asked about the pricing the room seemed to think it was fair price. I would agree the extra cost of having a facility only open once a fortnight must be a pretty big overhead and the bar is either cheaper or the same place I personally drink in.

The board are happy for the changes to take time and when Greg was asked a pretty harsh question about who takes first team training Ross stepped in to say that the type of football they staff want to play will take pre season to change their fitness levels and style of play.

ETA - The club are working with the other Championship clubs to make the spread of our divisions prize money more even, only one club is against that at present and with both representatives of the Championship to the SPFL either being related (Falkirk) or leaving their job (Chairman Morton) then there is scope for some new ideas - but no way to get the Premiership to share more of their pie - Sadly Aberdeen voting with Celtic when Rangers went bust has really scuppered this.

Moving on to Greg's great presentation I thought he spoke at length and in detail about how he works and I honestly could have listed all night the way he talked about building relationships with the players, coaching them with and without the ball and adding motivation - he was just brilliant. I won't even attempt to do his presentation justice.

Greg was asked if him and Stevie had found it harder than expected ( @Poet of the Macabre) Greg said "No" although has found it harder being a coach and not enjoying the wins as much as he did as a player.

Greg would hope in an ideal situation to bring 3 young players through every 2 seasons 

Greg and Stevie spoke at length about bringing a pride and belief back into the squad and obviously something they really believe in, Stevie in particular spoke about some of the last crop of players being bad eggs I think we are well rid. The youngster are improving under Greg and playing his way obviously they will make mistakes and I think we all know that as long as they are trying they're very best they will get backing from us all.

Stevie spoke briefly about being the manager of Dunfermline and getting the pride back into the players of Dunfermline and being leaders. I think he spoke well about what it means to be the manager at this club and he was sincere which I liked. He knows that because he was a well favours player here he cant just rely on that as a manager to bring success he and Shields are working hard to make us a success.

Asked about Calum Davidson - Davidson has an offer on the table but Crawford wants to know he's in it for the long term at Dunfermline and if he cant commit to us then he won't be back, obviously Davidson has the ability to coach at a higher level so its really up to him. Crawford spoke about loyalty and honesty and said he could have been away as the assistant and out of the limelight at another club but felt he owed the club and the players to stay here.

Asked about Jackies role it is purely advisory I think it was clear that Crawford still has the sign off on any players coming in but Jackie is well respected in the UK and in Europe as a good scout and coach so he will be vital to use his contacts in the game. He primarily supports Ross in footballing matters and has helped the club this season in events that neither Greg or Stevie had seen as players, neither elaborated but I don't think anyone expected them too.

Scully was brought in the add competition to the squad and there was no major fall out with Robinson.

Crawford has specifically trained on throw-ins something Matty Todd has said he's not done since he was 12 so look out for some silky throw-ins this season.

Some folk asked some odd questions like if you're the head coach you cant be the manager and there is a guy who goes on a bit and I didn't really follow his questions others might pick up on his gist. Overall I thought it was a good night fantastic attendance - although its the meeting with the least audience participation so can be quite dry, hope to see a lot of you back at the next meeting! 

Im really looking forward to next season but I think we have to be patient. COYP

Reading this and thinking there are a lot of similarities between the pars and us. Cutting the budget, trying to increase revenue, focus on youth, decrease in attendances, handful of players signed up for next season. 

I was fucking scunnered after our Q and A and how the tail end of the season finished (barring last 4 games although the apathy around the club was awful). Changing CEO and manager has added a bit of interest but its I'm still unsure if what the future holds.

Hopefully the Pars can pick up and move in as well. Most of you guys seem like a decent bunch and I like a wee trip to EEP.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Reading this and thinking there are a lot of similarities between the pars and us. Cutting the budget, trying to increase revenue, focus on youth, decrease in attendances, handful of players signed up for next season. 

I was fucking scunnered after our Q and A and how the tail end of the season finished (barring last 4 games although the apathy around the club was awful). Changing CEO and manager has added a bit of interest but its I'm still unsure if what the future holds.

Hopefully the Pars can pick up and move in as well. Most of you guys seem like a decent bunch and I like a wee trip to EEP.

I think all the teams in the championship have struggled this season probably paying players more than they are worth due to the clubs in the league in the last few seasons. Also the Premiership clubs really do hoover up most of the prize money and then get huge windfalls from UEFA, I personally would like to see the solidarity payments split 42 ways it would hugely help the smaller clubs in the divisions and as noone other than the clubs competing in European football have really deserved it then I don't think there is any good reason to fill their pockets even more.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Just to clarify: the 5 signings McArthur alluded to don't include Comrie and Dow?

Yes they did. There are 3 more to come but for legal/contractual reasons cannot officially announce them as yet. So there Comrie, Dow and 3 others to come.

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:
16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:
Just to clarify: the 5 signings McArthur alluded to don't include Comrie and Dow?

It does. 5 signed, 2 have been revealed and 3 not revealed. Probably craigen and Ryan with one more signing.

I wasn't including Craigan and Ryan as signings, no reason why if they had signed, we wouldn't announce them. 

39 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
'Bad eggs'?
I'm guessing El Bak and Hippolyte to start with.

What makes you say that?

Just a guess.

El Bak seems like a he's prone to a wee huff and at times at Dundee supposedly had a bit of the 'big baws' stuff about him.

Can't believe some have said Murdoch and Thomson. Both hard workers and don't have that billy big baws persona. Murdoch seems like a top bloke, and Thomson burst his balls last season when others didn't.

I'd say look no further than Muirhead, Connolly, Higgy, Robinson and Sammy the Tammy.

Can't believe some have said Murdoch and Thomson. Both hard workers and don't have that billy big baws persona. Murdoch seems like a top bloke, and Thomson burst his balls last season when others didn't.
I'd say look no further than Muirhead, Connolly, Higgy, Robinson and Sammy the Tammy.
I was being sarcastic with Thomson and Devine.