Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Will they be over 35 and injured?

Its up to the P&B Pars to vote on who they want to induct as a perma croced cult hero. Once we get to the £100* I'll canvas us for opinion on who we want to back

*if we dont make £100 then the cash will be given to a Pars family cause

I have been accused of being Danny Devine and he's my wee pal so if we are going to be nasty I'll just spent the cash on a holiday ;)

I do think Danny is the outstanding candidate, sadly.

I have just priced my ST renewal. Myself and my two boys (6 and 4) in a family package. £311. I'm pretty sure the early bird offer last year had adult price as £240 and u12 as free. Which would make this as an increase of £71 on last season. I may be slightly out as I missed the early bird offer but I paid £250 last season.

McArthur's statement has left a bad taste. The whole bit around the Lifeline memberships came across as 'become a member or have no club to support'. The lifeline is a charitable donation. Guilt tripping and pressure should not be put on supporters. I'll be paying over £300 on STs and buying 2 extortionately priced kid's strips so being asked to then donate an additional £20 a month is at the very least cheeky if not insulting.

I think the u12 tickets no longer being free is a serious own goal by the club. I only have two u12s to pay for, but I see a lot of supporters have 3 and 4 kids with them at times. For them that's potentially an extra £72 before they've even renewed their own ticket. And for what? Because they cannot monitor chancers.

I moan but I will just pay it of course. The emotional ties of a football club can't half rip the piss right out of you.

48 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I have just priced my ST renewal. Myself and my two boys (6 and 4) in a family package. £311. I'm pretty sure the early bird offer last year had adult price as £240 and u12 as free. Which would make this as an increase of £71 on last season. I may be slightly out as I missed the early bird offer but I paid £250 last season.

McArthur's statement has left a bad taste. The whole bit around the Lifeline memberships came across as 'become a member or have no club to support'. The lifeline is a charitable donation. Guilt tripping and pressure should not be put on supporters. I'll be paying over £300 on STs and buying 2 extortionately priced kid's strips so being asked to then donate an additional £20 a month is at the very least cheeky if not insulting.

I think the u12 tickets no longer being free is a serious own goal by the club. I only have two u12s to pay for, but I see a lot of supporters have 3 and 4 kids with them at times. For them that's potentially an extra £72 before they've even renewed their own ticket. And for what? Because they cannot monitor chancers.

I moan but I will just pay it of course. The emotional ties of a football club can't half rip the piss right out of you.

Prices were lower than most clubs our size previously.  Were just bringing ourselves into line with others.  Ross has nothing to personally gain here . He's just telling the fans how it is. We're fan owned and need to pay for it. The old prices don't make ends meet.  £1 per game for an under twelve is great value.  The freebies just meant folk signing up their 6 month old kid and passing on the ticket to their mate.  A token price will hopefully weed out the chancers and attract kids along that at least have an interest in doing so.

I think the prices are fair (except for the huge discounts for 60 to 64 which in this day and age aren't necessary). 

I think what is sticking in folks craw is the terrible season and the complete lack of entertainment at EEP. If they had put in place the same rise at this time last year there would have been less grumbling. 

I think what is sticking in folks craw is the terrible season and the complete lack of entertainment at EEP. If they had put in place the same rise at this time last year there would have been less grumbling. 

This is a major point. Off field stuff is rarely judged on its own merits, people always view it compared to on field results.

Go through in the league cup and win our first 3/4 games and suddenly Crawford’s the hero, the board are genius for management structure put in place and people will hand over £20 without a single question asked.

10 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I have been accused of being Danny Devine and he's my wee pal so if we are going to be nasty I'll just spent the cash on a holiday ;)

I do think Danny is the outstanding candidate, sadly.

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

9 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I’m renewing mine next week. Might think about the centenary thing also.

I’m renewing mine next week. Might think about the centenary thing also.

That's a hell of alot of money to be forking out to relentlessly criticise the board, manager* and team on here.

* edit- management (as no doubt you'll find some sort of criticism for Shields, i.e ginger twat, useless fucker, cnut should fcuk off back to the states

** delete as appropriate)