Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I think expectations of promotion and play-off places may need to be stripped back. Staying in this league and hovering around mid-table might be more realistic. 

Going with young players and building a team will take a lot of time. 

Never know. We might strike lucky with a few gems and everything falls into place like Livi and Ayr over the last few years. 

Agree with this. We should expect to be in this league for quite a bit. Obviously we'll hope to go up, but if we're playing more young players it will be difficult.

Also the statement suggests to me that the club are probably one of the Championship ones trying to extend the league (if indeed the story of it being driven by Championship clubs is true).

'Our ownership model means that we cannot look to a wealthy owner ploughing seven-figure sums into the Club as has happened elsewhere'

Dunfermline throwing shade at Ross County. :lol:

Love it.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why can't we do a livvy or ayr and challenge?
Time for Crawford and the board to start delivering on promises.

Why aren't Morton, Queen of the South, Partick, Falkirk, Inverness, Alloa, Raith etc doing that? Before they did it, why didn't Livingston do it?

Why do you think we should always be challenging? The simple answer is that it's not an easy thing to do, unless you think it is and that clubs are actively not trying to do it? 

Also Ayr will be going out at the exact same time we did last year. So surely we DID challenge like Ayr? In fact we finished with more points last season, scoring more goals and conceding fewer, than Ayr did this season. Or does that not fit in to your nonsensical argument? Your beloved McCall has achieved no more than Johnston did.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

'Our ownership model means that we cannot look to a wealthy owner ploughing seven-figure sums into the Club as has happened elsewhere'

Love it.

Considering the shite we've signed recently, I don't want to think about the transfers that would be given the green light if we *did* have loads of money.

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why can't we do a livvy or ayr and challenge?
Time for Crawford and the board to start delivering on promises.

Because your board appoint shite managers, who in turn sign shite players?

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Considering the shite we've signed recently, I don't want to think about the transfers that would be given the green light if we *did* have loads of money.

I wouldn't of trusted Canning with a penny of cash.

Glad the board gave him a minuscule budget for the league we are in. 

As soon as Brian Rice came in I'm sure we paid an actual 5 figure sum for a player, who was also getting targeted by our relegation rivals St Mirren. 

We spent 3 years in this league after our humiliating relegation in 2010/2011. 

We did the same thing by focusing heavily on youth.

That lead to us having one of the top 4 football academies in Scotland and ultimately back to the Premiership. 

The good times will return to this club soon I reckon. 

Just need to be patient. 

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Because your board appoint shite managers, who in turn sign shite players?

In fairness, AJ was a perfectly sensible appointment at the time. He was hired to destroy League One at the first attempt and he did that very comfortably.

Even last season wasn't a disaster by any means. His recruitment last summer and performances from the team this year were beyond brutal, though.

Seeing plenty saying it makes for grim reading but does any of it really come as a surprise?

We've thrown a shitload at it over the past few seasons including paying transfer fees for players. 1 play off spot out of the 3 seasons we've been here probably isn't decent return or value for money.

Time for something new. Glass half full kinda guy I am, let's get on with it.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Que signing a bunch of duds from down south ala Falkirk last summeremoji23.png

Got the heavy fear about this. 

21 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Love it.

Dundee Utd and Ayr aswell probably. 

Why aren't Morton, Queen of the South, Partick, Falkirk, Inverness, Alloa, Raith etc doing that? Before they did it, why didn't Livingston do it?

Why do you think we should always be challenging? The simple answer is that it's not an easy thing to do, unless you think it is and that clubs are actively not trying to do it? 

Also Ayr will be going out at the exact same time we did last year. So surely we DID challenge like Ayr? In fact we finished with more points last season, scoring more goals and conceding fewer, than Ayr did this season. Or does that not fit in to your nonsensical argument? Your beloved McCall has achieved no more than Johnston did.

On half the budget though.

ICT made it despite budget cuts.

Ayr less money as did saint Mirren and livvy. The chairman said Crawford was impressive and now looking at it the budget cuts were clear from the moment AJ was sacked. We are going for a youth type setup and hoping to unearth some gems with SC GS and CD coaching them.

It could go well or really badly. At least we will have to sign proper players and not stop gap loans or signings to bail out bad ones. I've been saying since league one that AJ has been wasting cash bailing out his previous poor transfer dealings and other sides dont have this luxury.

I'm quite prepared to give it a few seasons of building something through youth if it means good football and seeing some local talent emerge. We could possibly go up as others have done it on less. It's hardly nonsense to say that.

If teams finished descending as the size of their budgets every season, it would get rather boring. We're going to have shit seasons sadly.   Not that it is acceptable but you at the same time, you need to be realistic ffs. 

Plus, you don't know shit about how other team's budgets unless you can offer me some links to their accounts???  Aye, attendance's are one measure but not the be all, as our statement from Ross says today. 

If teams finished descending as the size of their budgets every season, it would get rather boring. We're going to have shit seasons sadly.   Not that it is acceptable but you at the same time, you need to be realistic ffs. 
Plus, you don't know shit about how other team's budgets unless you can offer me some links to their accounts???  Aye, attendance's are one measure but not the be all, as our statement from Ross says today. 
Wow easy cowboy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You can make educated guesses regarding budgets. I don't need to look at a balance sheet with numbers on to know that we've spent more than Ayr have this season, or that we'd spent more than Livingston last season.

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

On half the budget though.

ICT made it despite budget cuts.

Ayr less money as did saint Mirren and livvy. The chairman said Crawford was impressive and now looking at it the budget cuts were clear from the moment AJ was sacked. We are going for a youth type setup and hoping to unearth some gems with SC GS and CD coaching them.

It could go well or really badly. At least we will have to sign proper players and not stop gap loans or signings to bail out bad ones. I've been saying since league one that AJ has been wasting cash bailing out his previous poor transfer dealings and other sides dont have this luxury.

I'm quite prepared to give it a few seasons of building something through youth if it means good football and seeing some local talent emerge. We could possibly go up as others have done it on less. It's hardly nonsense to say that.

More pish. 

Again though, why aren't other clubs doing it when they have bigger budgets than Inverness or Ayr?

How do you know St Mirren had a smaller budget? Based on what? Their fanbase is the same size as ours but the upkeep on their stadium will be significantly less. In fact they could afford to punt a manager a few games in to the season this year then hire a new one.

Stop gap loans? Every single team in the league signed loan players. We only had 2 until January, which was probably one of the least in the league.

All managers will waste cash on signings. Unfortunately for us, Johnston wasted too much on too many shite signings in the summer. 

Other sides don't have the luxury of signing players? Falkirk signed a whole new team, as did Dundee United. Not many clubs signed less players than we did in the January window. Alloa signed 3 players, Ayr signed 3 players, Dundee United signed 11, Falkirk signed 14, Morton signed 5, Inverness signed 3, Partick signed 9, QOTS signed 5 and Ross County signed 5.

Havering pish.