Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
5 hours ago, Grant228 said:
We changed it a couple of times against QoTS tbf. 

Didn't seem to work whatever they did. We've not won coming from a losing position all season have we? Fucking summer recruitment was abysmal, that's the main problem and was commented at the time.

The tactical change after the first half hour helped change the game in the sense it stopped QoTS absolutely pumping us. They were simply more fired up and wanted the game more, they looked like a team battling against relegation and we looked like a team thinking we were safe. 

We looked threatening by the end and carved out a few chances but it was far to late. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

The 3-5-2 formation is why certain players were signed in the first place. It hasn't been popular or successful save for one game. The decision to build a squad around it is what kicked off this shite.

A hundred times this. 

With the reference to us doing nothing about Penrice did we not bring on Williamson to double up on the right to try and negate his threat? 

Part of the reason I'm willing to give Crawford time is that you can see what he's trying to achieve with his changes in formation and subs, hopefully with a summer of signing players to fit a system he wants to play things will improve. 

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Don't think Hopkin would be the quick fix people are thinking he would be, he got relegated with Livi and has had a shocking spell at Bradford? Neither him or Goodwin give me that glowing feeling when it comes to the major rebuild we need. 

Don't think Pep Guardiola will be available tbh.

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Don't think Hopkin would be the quick fix people are thinking he would be, he got relegated with Livi and has had a shocking spell at Bradford? Neither him or Goodwin give me that glowing feeling when it comes to the major rebuild we need. 

I type this with slight trepidation but you *do* get a glowing feeling when you think of Stevie Crawford being in charge of a summer rebuild?

49 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I type this with slight trepidation but you *do* get a glowing feeling when you think of Stevie Crawford being in charge of a summer rebuild?

I'm willing to give it a chance in the same way I'd give any other manager a chance, I don't think his time so far is enough to condemn him to being a dog shite manager, he's got far more going for him than what Potter did. 

Hopkin for Livingston for example wasn't an instant success either, I'm quite willing and can see the logic behind giving Crawford the summer to build the squad in the shape he wants us to play. 

We currently have one fit competent striker for this league, who would undoubtedly be muire suited to having a more attack minded team to help out yet we have a defence which needs a team set up stuffily to help it out with a midfield which doesn't have any width. We're in a bad place in that regards and I can absolutely see why we've been dogshite to watch. Our midfield last Saturday was possibly the weakest we've lined up with in years and yet looking at the bench are there any different permutations that you reckon would have made us better? 

I certainly wouldn’t have stuck with Faissal for so long this season. Hippolite may get criticised but he offers a far greater goal threat and physical presence. In the middle there’s not a lot he can do but Blair clearly shouldn’t be played there. Craigen and Vincent or perhaps a centre half could do a job in the same way we have used Martin or Dowie before? I would say that Devine looks decent on the ball at least and further up if he does mess up it won’t lead to a goal.

We have four wingers yet fail to use any width, Crawford is to blame for not trying this. We must get to the byeline and get balls in. 

I think he would do better with better players but it’s actually worse now than under AJ.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I certainly wouldn’t have stuck with Faissal for so long this season. Hippolite may get criticised but he offers a far greater goal threat and physical presence. In the middle there’s not a lot he can do but Blair clearly shouldn’t be played there. Craigen and Vincent or perhaps a centre half could do a job in the same way we have used Martin or Dowie before? I would say that Devine looks decent on the ball at least and further up if he does mess up it won’t lead to a goal.

We have four wingers yet fail to use any width, Crawford is to blame for not trying this. We must get to the byeline and get balls in. 

I think he would do better with better players but it’s actually worse now than under AJ.

I'd agree on  Hyppo. 

You play Craigan in midfield and you're then left with Williamson at right back where he's been very, very poor. Devine may be OK on the ball but he's absolutely brutal at reading a game defensively, that would only be exposed further up the pitch. 

What four wingers do we have? On Saturday we had Longridge, Higginbothom, Faissal, Hyppo and Craigan all have a shot out wide, not one of them wants to play as a traditional winger and most of them (I'd argue all) simply aren't good enough. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Higgy has previously done well as a wide player but he's so inconsistent. Except this season, consistently shit

Not disagreeing with any of that. However when he came on as sub on Saturday he was the only one who looked like he gave a f**k.

Edited by parslad

I'm willing to give it a chance in the same way I'd give any other manager a chance, I don't think his time so far is enough to condemn him to being a dog shite manager, he's got far more going for him than what Potter did. 
Hopkin for Livingston for example wasn't an instant success either, I'm quite willing and can see the logic behind giving Crawford the summer to build the squad in the shape he wants us to play. 
We currently have one fit competent striker for this league, who would undoubtedly be muire suited to having a more attack minded team to help out yet we have a defence which needs a team set up stuffily to help it out with a midfield which doesn't have any width. We're in a bad place in that regards and I can absolutely see why we've been dogshite to watch. Our midfield last Saturday was possibly the weakest we've lined up with in years and yet looking at the bench are there any different permutations that you reckon would have made us better? 

From what I’ve seen we’ve been terrible to watch and have racked up a series of terrible results. I can understand the argument that it might be unfair to blame that on Crawford but that also means he’s doing nothing to improve it.

I know you’ll blame that fully on the players or AJ but I’d hope that a competent coach would be able to improve things at least a little and we are just as bad now as we ever were under AJ.

I have no idea if I want Crawford to take us forward - the fact that he said if Dunfermline called he would come is such a dreamy thing to happen in modern football it would be a real shame if in face we called but then wanted rid of him. I agree that this club needs a clear our far too many poor players and I think with decent recruitment we could do far better next season. The only thing I would add is that it looks like we have dodged a massive bullet by Airds agent talking him up to Dundee United.

I have no idea if I want Crawford to take us forward - the fact that he said if Dunfermline called he would come is such a dreamy thing to happen in modern football it would be a real shame if in face we called but then wanted rid of him. I agree that this club needs a clear our far too many poor players and I think with decent recruitment we could do far better next season. The only thing I would add is that it looks like we have dodged a massive bullet by Airds agent talking him up to Dundee United.

I think he came into the club knowing he’d have a great shout at getting the job if AJ left. That’s not a criticism either; makes sense for his career.

If he does get the chance to overhaul the squad then he’ll still need to get off to a good start next season. Pars fans are fairly loyal so ST sales might hold up but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more of a struggle than normal.

I just don't know what to think about Crawford. I think everyone wants him and Shields to be the dream team, giving the youth an opportunity and getting the fans back on side.

I can't see the budget being there for a full overhaul and the competition for the types of players we need (a goalscoring striker, a creative midfielder and a compotent centre back) means we will struggle to attract better players than what we've already got on paper. What we need is a manager who can manage games, motivate and get the best out of average players. He really hasn't shown he can do that.

Edited by TheFinalCountdown

As soon as we are (hopefully) safe we should open up applications for the job. There is no harm in seeing who applies, I don't hold out much hope for Crawford to turn things around next season if he remains in charge.

Edited by Islay

Just now, parsforlife said:

There is absolutely no way the board would consider a change in management if we stay up. Even if relegated I think there’s a reasonably strong chance he stays on. It’s not happening folks.

I don't think they will either, however they should think about it very carefully.

I like Stevie, but I don't have faith in him as a manager.