Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm absolutely disgusted at the state of affairs we are in and if Morton beat us on Saturday we are in serious shit. As soon as Thomson and Beadling got injured I feared for us. What's so annoying is that, as BA, says with a bit of fight and determination we would have earned a good few extra points this season. Two goals up at partick and we flung it away. Cruising against Falkirk twice and QOTS at home and fling it away. Beating Ross County and give it away by Higgy doing a stupid wee flick in his own box. Ayr United Williamson letting McDaid waltz in and score. Its pathetic stuff and so easily preventable with some semi decent coaching and actual application and effort.
Seeing a part time side like alloa grind out games while we throw games away is inexcusable.
Will still be getting behind the team on Saturday and I hope the board do something to entice fans along. A flat atmosphere will suit Morton and let our players think it's a meaningless game. Really sad if we end up relegated due to this bunch of wasters.

Don't think Hopkin would be the quick fix people are thinking he would be, he got relegated with Livi and has had a shocking spell at Bradford? Neither him or Goodwin give me that glowing feeling when it comes to the major rebuild we need. 

Would like to see us get some fight and organisation about us and be hard to beat. It would also be good to get value for money. That’s why Hopkin or Goodwin would be good choices. Hopefully we are still in the championship to attract the quality of these two.

Aye, hopefully we are. I doubt it right now. All the sides below us have got results recently against someone. We haven't. We're fucking dugmeat and it feels as though there's no idea how to change it when we're losing. You'd think by now we'd have a plan B for that.

I hope we go fucking balls out against Morton trying to beat them as much as possible. No fucking about. Absolutely bursting a lung type stuff. If we can win then it matters not what happens against Inverness. I just don't want to have to go there needing something from that game to be safe. We'd utterly f**k it up.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye, hopefully we are. I doubt it right now. All the sides below us have got results recently against someone. We haven't. We're fucking dugmeat and it feels as though there's no idea how to change it when we're losing. You'd think by now we'd have a plan B for that.

We changed it a couple of times against QoTS tbf. 

Didn't seem to work whatever they did. We've not won coming from a losing position all season have we? Fucking summer recruitment was abysmal, that's the main problem and was commented at the time.

One of the worst things about this team is just how meekly they accept defeat. It's especially galling at home.
We should be forcing teams in this league to have have to furiously struggle and fight to a win over us, especially at home. We should be making teams run themselves in to the ground and leave the pitch knackered and bruised. No problem with better teams outplaying us, but teams simply out fighting us and wanting it more and being willing to work harder is poor.
There's no fury and rage or cold determination when we lose. It's too easy.
Hiya Kallum, ya wee p***k

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Didn't seem to work whatever they did. We've not won coming from a losing position all season have we? Fucking summer recruitment was abysmal, that's the main problem and was commented at the time.

Yes we have

We have once - away to Falkirk at the end of December. The only time we haven’t collapsed after conceding a goal and that’s looking so crucial just now - imagine we’d lost that one, we’d be level on points with bottom!

This season has not been good enough. We seemed to get a bit of a ‘new manager bounce’ in terms of results, when Crawford got appointed. However, it’s been so dull to watch. I’m not expecting us to turn into Barcelona overnight, but it seems very rare for the play to get us excited/on the edge of our seats at all. There’s no urgency to our play, our midfielders seem determined to keep passing sideways/backwards and our centre halves aren’t good with the ball at their feet, which means they keep punting it up to the opposition centre halves.

It’s so frustrating, whenever we have a chance to counter attack, that we inevitably slow things down and let the opposition get back into position. We have the worst ‘goals scored’ record in the league, which demonstrates our lack of ability to break down defences, so why do we keep making it even harder for ourselves?

Because these players aren't good enough. I wonder if it's worth going 352 to get the best out of Jackson? We're Shite at the back, stick Vincent Craigan and Higgy in the middle and play Louis off Anderson? Our defence are pish anyway so f**k it and I'm someone who hates 352

41 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Because these players aren't good enough. I wonder if it's worth going 352 to get the best out of Jackson? We're Shite at the back, stick Vincent Craigan and Higgy in the middle and play Louis off Anderson? Our defence are pish anyway so f**k it and I'm someone who hates 352

:lol:

The 3-5-2 formation is why certain players were signed in the first place. It hasn't been popular or successful save for one game. The decision to build a squad around it is what kicked off this shite.

Edited by DA Baracus

What's with high or long balls to two small strikers? Would we not be better playing hippo instead of fais because hes more physical? We have zero width and higgy has lost the plot. Slow predictable play. The only good passing move I can remember leading to a goal was away to alloa.
If beadling is out who do we play against Morton? Craigen and Vincent? FFS

You cannot say it’s entirely down to the players. We beat Partick 3-0 at home, then blew a 2 goal lead away from home against them. We were cruising at 2-0 as well. Surely, you have to concede that’s down to the manager’s tactics? At the game, everyone could see that Penrice was getting the freedom of the park and this was never addressed, despite the fact it caused us problems all game.

Likewise, the manager has to see that the backwards and sideways passing is counter-productive and try to work on a quicker style of attack. Instead, we watch the same rubbish every week, despite the fact everyone has worked out how to play against it. 6 goals from open play in Crawford’s 15 games is an abysmal record, no matter how you look at it. He has to see that it’s not working and try something different. The fact he hasn’t changed this, shows a real lack of tactical awareness.

The players aren’t good enough to be challenging for the title, but should be more than capable of having us in a much better position than we are now.

One point in our last 6 games, this is our worst run of form since 2013 (when we went into admin). We hadn’t had a set of results even close to being this bad under Johnston. The manager has to take his fair share of the blame for this.

[emoji38]
The 3-5-2 formation is why certain players were signed in the first place. It hasn't been popular or successful save for one game. The decision to build a squad around it is what kicked off this shite.
I know. Awful stuff, just wonder if a complete change of approach for the final 2 games might somehow fucking magic up a result. No logic behind it, much like those signings. Remember when we signed Fez? I think most of us were delighted. We signed that husk.

Remember the day after we signed Hippo? Much bemusement and confusion.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Lets not get big baws about it.

We should aim to be challenging for the league title, but it shouldn't be a given that we always will just because we have a decent number of season ticket holders. 

We need to endeavour to be deserving of the top spot, not expecting it because lots of fans pay in to a fund etc.

Hopkin would be a decent appointment and I think would be welcomed by most fans. I'd agree that we need to bring in a new management team and the search should start as soon as safety is confirmed (if it is!).

I wasn't suggesting that tbf. What I was suggesting is the fact we get big numbers we shouldn't just be sitting back accepting poor relegation battling seasons. We should be making our voices heard instead of sitting on our hands. As I said previously, if St Mirren can do it (and even fucking Livingston for God's sake) then we most certainly can. 

As a Pars fan, I expect us to be challenging for the title every season. I don't think that is too much to ask given us and Dundee United are the biggest teams in the league (fair enough this season we've had to deal with County who have a sugar daddy bankrolling them). 

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I wasn't suggesting that tbf. What I was suggesting is the fact we get big numbers we shouldn't just be sitting back accepting poor relegation battling seasons. We should be making our voices heard instead of sitting on our hands. As I said previously, if St Mirren can do it (and even fucking Livingston for God's sake) then we most certainly can. 

As a Pars fan, I expect us to be challenging for the title every season. I don't think that is too much to ask given us and Dundee United are the biggest teams in the league (fair enough this season we've had to deal with County who have a sugar daddy bankrolling them). 

This is the first season in many years we've been 'battling' relegation. Since the last time we were relegated in fact. Our history has shown that we will always have a season like this every now and again. I don't see anyone accepting it. Not sure what you think we should all be doing?

I think it is too much to expect to be challenging for the title every single season,. I think it's fine to hope and want it, and to aim for it, but not expect it, as there will always be times when it won't happen. No idea why which team is 'biggest' comes in to it, as at this level the difference between many teams is small. How are we 'bigger' than Falkirk, Inverness, Partick Thistle and Ross County for example? Because we won some games in the 60s and have a few more season ticket holders this year?

The whole nonsense about which team is 'bigger' is daft and needs binned by all. We need to earn things and work for them instead of expecting them.