Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

AJ did the same with QOTS.
He only pulled us up because JJ was even more incompetent.
I also never said we didn't have good signings just that it took about three goes to get one good one whereas other teams don't have that luxury.

Are you saying that Johnston only got us promoted because Jefferies was more incompetent? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Re the bold part; nonsense again, on both counts. We don't have the 'luxury' either as we have had a high turnover of players. We don't exactly have a bloated squad.

Johnston's first signings;

Jason Talbot

Callum Fordyce

BRE

Michael Paton

David Hutton

Joe Cardle

Sean Murdoch

Shaun Rooney

Mikael Antoine Courier

Marc McAusland

DavidHopkirk

Brad McKay

Craig Reid

Scott Robinson

Pretty decent first season of signings. Definitely not 3 bad ones to get one good one.

Second season of signings;

Nat Wedderburn

Lee Ashcroft

Gavin Reilly

Euan Spark

Kallum Higginbotham

Nicky Clark

John Herron

Paul McMullan

Farid El Alagui

Callum Morris

Not as good, but still not 3 bad ones to get a good one.

Third season signings;

Jean-Yves M'Voto

Fraser Aird

James Vincent

Aaron Splaine

Lee Robinson

Dean Shiels

Tom Beadling

Andy Ryan

Declan McManus

James Craigen

Daniel Armstrong

Decent. Still not 3 bad ones for 1 good one.

His 4th season signings were  poor, although there were a couple of decent ones;

Jackson Longridge

Louis Longridge

Aidan Connolly

Robbie Muirhead

Myles Hippolyte

Danny Devine

Mark Durnan

Joe Thomson

El Bak

More exaggeration. You make some valid points, but then immediately bury them under complete nonsense, overblown hysteria and outright invention/fabrication, as well as strangely personal grudges against certain players and managers.

You're still banging on about Ayr, but have utterly ignored the points I raised about them, i.e. that before this season they've been gash for years. How does that fit in with them using their budget well? How does that fit in with McCall being some sort of great manager?

Also Inverness finished below us last season despite having the 'parachute' payment.

Edited by DA Baracus

Are you saying that Johnston only got us promoted because Jefferies was more incompetent? That doesn't make any sense at all.
Re the bold part; nonsense again, on both counts. We don't have the 'luxury' either as we have had a high turnover of players. We don't exactly have a bloated squad.
Johnston's first signings;
Jason Talbot
Callum Fordyce
BRE
Michael Paton
David Hutton
Joe Cardle
Sean Murdoch
Shaun Rooney
Mikael Antoine Courier
Marc McAusland
DavidHopkirk
Brad McKay
Craig Reid
Scott Robinson

Pretty decent first season of signings. Definitely not 3 bad ones to get one good one.

Second season of signings;
Nat Wedderburn
Lee Ashcroft
Gavin Reilly
Euan Spark
Kallum Higginbotham
Nicky Clark
John Herron
Paul McMullan
Farid El Alagui
Callum Morris

Not as good, but still not 3 bad ones to get a good one.

Third season signings;
Jean-Yves M'Voto
Fraser Aird
James Vincent
Aaron Splaine
Lee Robinson
Dean Shiels
Tom Beadling
Andy Ryan
Declan McManus
James Craigen
Daniel Armstrong

Decent. Still not 3 bad ones for 1 good one.

His 4th season signings were  poor, although there were a couple of decent ones;
Jackson Longridge
Louis Longridge
Aidan Connolly
Robbie Muirhead
Myles Hippolyte
Danny Devine
Mark Durnan
Joe Thomson
El Bak

More exaggeration. You make some valid points, but then immediately bury them under complete nonsense, overblown hysteria and outright invention/fabrication, as well as strangely personal grudges against certain players and managers.
You're still banging on about Ayr, but have utterly ignored the points I raised about them, i.e. that before this season they've been gash for years. How does that fit in with them using their budget well? How does that fit in with McCall being some sort of great manager?
Also Inverness finished below us last season despite having the 'parachute' payment.
Massively below us. 89 minute winner below.
[emoji38]

Huh??
Leveller not a winner. It pretty much insured we finished fourth. Otherwise it was them above us. Not a huge gap and the playoffs hid the mid season rebuild and f**k up. Again against United ICT would have won that being a goal up. We are too soft and too tactically inept every season since Calderwood era apart from the one McIntyre season and the league one season both of which were financially enhanced. Rovers and Ayr chased us despite being on much less money.
All I'm saying is let's get a proven manager who can get the best out of a small United squad who go through brick walls.

I'd be all for that if we still needed a manager. They've wanted to go with two guys who have a bit of experience and some fresh ideas, backed up with some coaching experience. They deserve a shot next season at least. They're working with utter guff right now, we all know this and some of us were rightly worried in the summer with the likes of Devine and Hippo.

Hopkin aye, sure. But experience doesn't always mean success. For every Paton there's a Hay.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Leveller not a winner. It pretty much insured we finished fourth. Otherwise it was them above us. Not a huge gap and the playoffs hid the mid season rebuild and f**k up. Again against United ICT would have won that being a goal up. We are too soft and too tactically inept every season since Calderwood era apart from the one McIntyre season and the league one season both of which were financially enhanced. Rovers and Ayr chased us despite being on much less money.
All I'm saying is let's get a proven manager who can get the best out of a small United squad who go through brick walls.

Fucking hell. You genuinely believe this shit.

They were a goal up against us in a must win game, yet didn't win. How is that evidence that they would have won the playoff? You say mental bullshit with absolutely nothing to back it up; the opposite in fact, as there's usually evidence to the contrary. It's like you're absolutely desperate for the worst to be true, when it's not even close to that.

There's no comparison between the financial 'enhancement' of the league winning teams of McIntyre and Johnston. We couldn't afford the former, we could the latter. As I asked earlier, and you avoided answering, did you just expect Johnston to go to the board and demand his budget be cut to the average of the league?

What's your obsession with Ayr? Why are you ignoring the points I've made about them? Is it because it would blow your nonsense out of the water? This year will be the first in decades they've finished above us. Probably going back to the 80s. 

What's this shit about 'chasing us down' as well? What does that even mean? Raith, who are in the league below us, are somehow chasing us? What are you on about? Re Ayr, see above.

Edited by DA Baracus

Just fed up at seeing us be so shite and fans defend utter crap like AJ and Williamson because we are lucky to have a club. Next year if Crawford makes an arse of it fans will start questioning why they are wasting time and money going along. The club has been lucky that fans were prepared to shell out for their mistakes. If we see another season of poor signings and a style of play like this one crowds will drop dramatically.

I kind of get the sentiment D.A.F.C. is getting at, but even when we had Calderwood, there was still some questions to be asked, especially after the amount of money that was getting flung about. Our away record wasn't the best, and we were lucky to get even a point away to teams like Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee United. Y'know, teams that were also going to be challenging for 3rd. I think we had a good record away to Hibs, but can't remember us being too hot away to other teams. Hibs were fucking gash back then though. 

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just fed up at seeing us be so shite and fans defend utter crap like AJ and Williamson because we are lucky to have a club. Next year if Crawford makes an arse of it fans will start questioning why they are wasting time and money going along. The club has been lucky that fans were prepared to shell out for their mistakes. If we see another season of poor signings and a style of play like this one crowds will drop dramatically.

No-one has argued that. Not 1 person.

If Crawford makes and arse of it fans will react. Thanks for that massive revelation... Its the same at every club, team doing well=bigger crowds, team doing shit and some will stay away. You are getting angry at a future scenario that you've made up. Can we not actually wait and see how we do. IF crawford does (very)well we can celebrate it, if we have a shit season then fans will be annoyed and he'll be out of a job.

On the overall debate, IMO crawford's target for the season was to stay up and get a feel for the squad so he knows who to get rid of and what sort of players he wants to recruit.

He's achieved the first part and we'll find out in the next few months if he does well with the 2nd part.

49 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

As I said, for some bizarre reason it's deeply personal for you with certain folk, the two you mentioned being prime examples. No one has mentioned Williamson for a while here, yet you absolutely have to get some slagging of him in.

You've been given reams of evidence that you continually ignore (especially about Johnston, who despite your mewlings was not utter crap and improved us season upon season until he signed poorly and, combined with his managerial limitations, couldn't take us any further and had to go) and continue to make things up. You seem to be making out that we're in some sort of mad unique scenario, that absolutely no other club goes through the same sort of spells, and that it's a huge crisis. You're utterly determined that it's all incredibly awful and that we're the only club who make bad signings and make mistakes with managers.

You also seem to have zero patience and seem to think we should be a Premiership club, presumably because we were good in the 60 and have a few season ticket holders.

Folk have always questioned the team and manager and asking why they are going along. Our crowds have risen and fallen in line with how the team is doing, like just about every other club. None of this is hard to get.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I do think it could be tricky for the club to shift as many STs in the summer tbh. A lot of negativity/apathy around the Pars this season, after a big deal was made about going for top four as a bare minimum.

I've certainly found myself finding other things to do on a Saturday, which has never really happened before.

Agreed. Unless we make some genuinely exciting signings early on, the PR team are going to have some job on their hands in trying to punt STs. 

34 minutes ago, smpar said:

Agreed. Unless we make some genuinely exciting signings early on, the PR team are going to have some job on their hands in trying to punt STs. 

I'm also not calling on them to start splashing the cash wildly, as I do believe in developing younger players. That might lead to a dip for a while but would have bigger benefits down the road. Doesn't mean it's a strategy that will be massively popular commercially ofc.

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Everyone just wants to see us win games, score goals and play exciting football. Sadly, it's difficult as f**k to put into practice.

True but we've struggled to do any of the three this season.

My Dad can't go to games any more but I usually phone him after the match and let him know what happened. He says I've sounded excited about the side three times over the past two seasons. They were the League Cup game at Hearts, the last-minute equaliser at Inverness and the opening day win at United.

The summer will have us missing it as usual and we'll be begging for the season to start again.

Quickly followed by begging it to stop.

But seriously, a pretty huge summer for us. Massive decisions to be made about the management and then big decisions to be made by said management about the playing squad. It's an incredibly hard market to move in, and we'll be weighed down by the shite on 2 year deals, but as always you hope they can pull something from the bag. We've managed some cracking signings in most summer windows (Clark, Beadling, Thomson, McManus, Aird, Joe) recently, but as always it's the dross that drags you down. We need a better good/dross ratio.

Let's be honest here, whoever take the job for the next couple of seasons is just keeping the seat warm for Falky while he gets a wee bit of managing experience before returning to EEP as the gaffer. 

12 hours ago, smpar said:

Let's be honest here, whoever take the job for the next couple of seasons is just keeping the seat warm for Falky while he gets a wee bit of managing experience before returning to EEP as the gaffer. 

Surely the smallest manager of all time?

Who we thinking will be in charge then? Crawford? Or will he be relieved of his duties? Personally I think we need a man that has done it before, and there is no better candidate than David Hopkin, IMO.