Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Promotion to the championship was sealed on this day back in 2016, a ridiculously early time to win a title. 

It was my dads birthday and we were away won't forget listening to the commentry as El Bak scored his overhead (ish) kick and hearing Murdoch ran the length of the pitch to celebrate. Three points tonight would be a nice present as well

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Great day. Cowden scoring late on in Peterhead was nearly funny as I tried and failed to get huge odds on them close to kick off.

I got something like  10-1 on Cowden/Pars double that day so it was a sweet end to the game for me.

Hope he changes it up a little bit on Friday. Would leave Higginbotham out and probably L.Longridge as well. I see he was sponsors man of the match. Heavens knows what game they were watching. Never realised they sold bucky in hospitality.

I think the last week has brought a bit more realism to where we are. 

Management have saved us from relegation with the squad they have inherited but you can see why we were playing so compact and defensive on the counter, with wee Bruce getting important goals from scraps.  Second half when we had to attack just exposed how poor Higgy and Louis were in wide areas. No creation in the team. Louis has nice wee touches but zero effect. Hippo is utter garbage and generally the creative/attacking players we have are ineffective. 

Stick with the management and let them clear out AJ's mess for next season.

Season over. Give the likes of Todd and McCann a few games now (maybe Gill, I'm not impressed by Scully and who knows what's happening with Murdoch) and see where we are. We should be identifying targets now for next season, particularly at centre half and centre forward.

Scully is ok. Easily replaceable but it be ok with him staying on.

Gill Absolutely needs 1st team games to be judged on. Todd looks good and would be nice to give him a chance from the start in a couple of games.

McCann not so sure about, I suspect he'll be a reserve player for next season, not quite ready to be a 1st team player.

Center half I'm not sure who's available but losing Morris has had a big impact and we could definitely do with that sort of quality in our back 4.

My pursuit for a forward would basically involve following McInnes around all summer relentlessly pestering him into loaning Anderson back.

Anderson looked cheesed off, quite rightly, with the awful long balls. 

Louis Longridge might have great banter in the dressing room but he flatters to deceive on the pitch. Looks tidy but ultimately does nothing.

Higgy has just lost it completely.

Vincent shouldn’t have replace Blair unless it was due to injuries. Stange decision as was bringing back the inept Williamson for Craigen. At least Craigen tries to defend. Not actually run away, never seen anything like it.

That was as bad, if not worse, than AJs time. Ayr were pretty poor except for Moffat, McDaid and Shankland was relatively quiet. Once we went two upfront we were so much better.

Crawford and the team got it badly wrong all over the pitch tonight. Some turnaround from a few weeks back.