Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sorry Adam101. Devine has not been fine. 

I can be arsed running through all the shit but for an example of recent weeks,  Alloa home. Dives in and get skinned at Alloa's first goal. Tannadice a few weeks back. Caught out of position twice and twice passed the ball directly to Utd attacker from his 18 yard box. County when he again loses his man and is booked for pulling him down. Rovers game enough said. General obsevations are lack of pace  which means he dives in way too often. Lot's of defenders have lack of pace but make up for it with positioning and reading of the game. He doesn't have that ability.  He's a day dreamer. Terrible with the ball at his feet. Loose passes are just a part of every game, not one offs.  How you can say he's been fine is baffling.

Aye I thought the Inverness and Thistle fans who said he was crap in the summer were being harsh, given that he managed to win the cup with ICT and was in that Thistle team that finished top 6 in the prem. However, I was very very wrong. He's woeful.

Genuinely can't see why AJ got rid of M'Voto, he's better than Devine & Durnan. At least you knew what you were getting with big Jean M'Voto. Apart from the penalty he gave away on the opening day against Livi last season, he was pretty solid. Headers everything including wee Falkirk idiots. Durnan being injured for most of the season means he's slipped under the radar a bit, but from what I seen I've not been impressed, even against lower league opposition in the league cup, the pair of them looked shaky.

6 hours ago, onecowden said:

Thomas O’Brien played in the Championship for 4 years so he’s not played exclusively in the lower leagues. Also I do know he has had at least two full time offers. One from a Premier league club and one a top end Championship club. Both were not enough to tempt him. He makes more part time added with his job outside football. I do agree he would be a good fit. He’s a good player.

My fault tbh. I meant full-time rather than lower leagues.

I know we're not going crazy with the money like we used to but he must have a good gig outside of football if a full-time doesn't doesn't turn his head. I'd also think he'd be at least curious if he could handle the step up.

6 hours ago, JFPar said:

Tam O'Brien is a mate of mines, we were in the same year at QA. When Potter was the gaffer he made an approach for TOB to join the following summer. AJ then came in and nothing happened.

That's interesting. Hopefully they give him another shout.

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

And has been fine here, if unremarkable

The wrongest thing I've read on here in some time. If Devine is "fine" then just how poor does a player have to be to be considered "shite"?

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The wrongest thing I've read on here in some time. If Devine is "fine" then just how poor does a player have to be to be considered "shite"?

Well he has about the same amount of defensive talent as Morris but without at much pace, people thought Morris was amazing so seems fair that Devine is fine and Lewis "red card" Martin playing Centre half is shite, although he looked tasty at LB last season.

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Sorry Adam101. Devine has not been fine. 

I can be arsed running through all the shit but for an example of recent weeks,  Alloa home. Dives in and get skinned at Alloa's first goal. Tannadice a few weeks back. Caught out of position twice and twice passed the ball directly to Utd attacker from his 18 yard box. County when he again loses his man and is booked for pulling him down. Rovers game enough said. General obsevations are lack of pace  which means he dives in way too often. Lot's of defenders have lack of pace but make up for it with positioning and reading of the game. He doesn't have that ability.  He's a day dreamer. Terrible with the ball at his feet. Loose passes are just a part of every game, not one offs.  How you can say he's been fine is baffling.

The Alloa game he is badly exposed by Craigen slipping but I agree stand him up outside the box would of been preferable, I would think that more goals have been conceded from where the right back should be than when the centre half are at fault. Im sure the Ross County one he slipped and then committed a professional foul on the centre spot thats hardly terrible. The Rovers game him and Ashcroft utterly strolled the game Ashcroft got sent off and then a half fit Durnan brought down their striker and as we push further forward Raith tore us apart I'm really not sure what part Devine played in that fiasco. 

Like I said he is about as defensively aware as Morris but without Morris' pace who could mop up his mistakes, for where we are this season and his record thus far he will keep us up and will probably be good enough in a team pushing for promotion. But I would agree with JFPar M'Voto is probably a better no nonsense defender than both Durnan and Devine so it seems a bit odd to punt him and sign those 2. IMO a back three of Ashcroft M'Voto and Durnan or Devine would be more balanced and more competitive than one with Ashcroft and this years additions.

Anyway its the other end of the pitch thats put us in this lowly position I can't wait to see The Boss back in action on Saturday with 2 weeks of training in him! Should be fun!

''The Rovers game him and Ashcroft utterly strolled the game Ashcroft got sent off and then a half fit Durnan brought down their striker and as we push further forward Raith tore us apart I'm really not sure what part Devine played in that fiasco. ''

Adam101. Seriously? You are not sure what part he played?  Were you at the game?

The bit where his feet get all mixed up and that wee rovers boy runs through to score?????

Edited by Chubbychops
f**k knows

15 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

''The Rovers game him and Ashcroft utterly strolled the game Ashcroft got sent off and then a half fit Durnan brought down their striker and as we push further forward Raith tore us apart I'm really not sure what part Devine played in that fiasco. ''

Adam101. Seriously? You are not sure what part he played?  Were you at the game?

The bit where his feet get all mixed up and that wee rovers boy runs through to score?????

I was inebriated, Devine was poor the other 2 CB were far worse anyway that's an end to it surely a clean sheet, will I Devine get inducted into the club hall of fame now?

Great result today lets get a few more on the board and stop looking behind us.

Hopefully Davidson with his experience will make the difference.

8 points in our last 6 games. Replicate that in our next set of 6 fixtures and that SHOULD be enough to see us safe and sound.

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Hopefully Davidson with his experience will make the difference.

8 points in our last 6 games. Replicate that in our next set of 6 fixtures and that SHOULD be enough to see us safe and sound.

40 points is safety lets get there as fast as we can