Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 07/02/2019 at 12:48, Grant228 said:

That stat of course proves absolutely nothing. 

For much of this season, we've had a far, far, far more defensive shape than last season, we started off last season with two wingers, two strikers and a midfield two off Wedderburn and Shiels, even after we jettisoned Shiels we were still playing with two wingers, how many times have we done that this season? 

I'll help you out, at the start of the season when AJ bought his players with a 352/532 in mind it was our absolutely shocking centre defenders the made him revert to a back four with a defensive midfield in front of him. Of course due to AJ thinking that we were going with a three we don't have the wide men to play a four. How did we get on with playing the 352 BTW? Goals conceded etc. 

Last season while we were conceding more goals it was obvious to everyone(apart from you evidently) that it was the lack of legs in midfield and our inability to track runners, not the fault of our centre backs. Hence the signings of Vincent and Beadling. 

Go to games, watch them and it'll be pretty evident our problems at centre back have consequences throughout the team, our midfield has to sit deeper than in previous seasons, and if Higgy isn't having a wonder game we're going to struggle to create with a 3 cobsistening off Beadling, Vincent and Thomson. Even with Craigan in the midfield he was playing as a CDM. 

You're tying yourself in knots trying to blame the defenders. Our obvious issue this season has been scoring goals and creating chances, so not sure why you're trying to over analyse things and getting all huffy because not everyone agrees with your opinion.

End of the day, the whole team and the coaching staff can take the blame for this dreadful campaign, which has produced terrible results and brutal-to-watch football. Hopefully we can agree on that but feel free to go all 'Inverting the Pyramid' instead.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

We're coming for you

We're coming for you

You Fifer b*****ds

We're coming for you

Ah, I remember my first beer.

The defence has been shit this season. We've given away too many goals that were a result of basic shit (letting the ball bounce, not clearing the ball properly) and as has been commented on after so many games we seem to crumble after conceding.

We've also been shit up front. We haven't had a settled partnership all season. For all the talk of long balls (valid) think of how many chances El Bak has wasted, and then think of the Ryan and Hippolyte sitters. 

Wasting so many chances is a killer when we struggle to create them (for reasons Grant points out).

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone have any idea about when Longridge, Ryan, Martin and Beadling will be back. Those 4 will be a big addition to the squad.

I'm not sure where they'd fit in. 

I'd glady have Martin in at right back but his best form has been on the left bizarrely. 

I think Longridge is at his best behind the striker, we're either dropping Higginbothom for him or dropping one of our 3 centre mids and having another shape, and being honest has Longridge showed enough to warrant that? 

With Faiss having his best game as a number 10 I'd imagine Ryan will be fighting it out with Bruce for the striking position, I'm a big fan of Ryan and I hope we keep him on but I can't see him coming straight in. 

Big fan of Beadling, would have him in midfield/defence everytime. 

39 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Martin at RB, Craigen as an option for midfield? If you drop Higgy, who will take up the red card/histrionics? Longridge would be a better option going forward, if fit. He can be a bit vague in games, but then pulls something out the hat. 

Craigen was in midfield for the game against County, I think he's a solid 6/10 midfielder but I'd have him fighting with Vincent for the third midfield spot, I rate Beadling and Thompson more. 

I probably would drop Higgy but I'm not sure the manager would. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I think the situation being talked about is if longridge returns? Agreed tho as things stand we can't drop higgy.

Not sure about Longridge, what is he? Not a striker, winger or a midfielder but a bit of all three.

Thomson and Beadling in the centre with Higgy and Longridge wide. Or Longridge as a number ten in a 4-3-3

Scully

Craigen Durnam Ashcroft J.Longridge

Beadling Thomson Vincent

Higgy Anderson Longridge

Let Higgy and Longridge do their own thing, change wings or play behind the striker.

Vincent and Beadling to sit back and Thomson to be the creative one. Concern would be a presence in the box for crosses if the full backs get forward then Thomson and the three forwards would be good for crosses. Higgy is great in the air. Could swap in Hippo or Muirhead off the bench for height?

Sitting back and letting teams run onto our shit defence is a recipe for disaster. We need to attack.

On 10/02/2019 at 09:17, CALDERON said:

Real danger of relegation this season? Didn't realise you guys were so close to the danger zone to be honest. 

Yes.

Can't score goals, 10 of our measly total came in 3 games. That leaves 13 from the other 20 games. Truly honking stuff. 

Edited by Have some faith in Magic

On 2/10/2019 at 10:04, Grant228 said:

Craigen was in midfield for the game against County, I think he's a solid 6/10 midfielder but I'd have him fighting with Vincent for the third midfield spot, I rate Beadling and Thompson more. 

I probably would drop Higgy but I'm not sure the manager would. 

Craigen is technically good, decent with either feet but he would be the last player id turn to in a battle. 

30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Craigen is technically good, decent with either feet but he would be the last player id turn to in a battle. 

He's got a surprising amount of dig about him, you don't see him shiting out of chances etc. 

I'm a bit baffled why we played him as a CDM tho.