Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yasss, this is the sort of rumours I want to be hearing. Love an unknown foreign player coming in.

It does excite people(including me!) I have probably forgotten someone, but have any of these signings come from anywhere but France recently? D'angelo springs to mind but he barely kicked a ball.

54 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Looked good in training so far apparently, but will be a pretty much unknown quantity. None of our management have seen him play in a competitive match.

Worrying. Sounds very Hartley-esque.

Where did you hear all this anyway?

Edited by DA Baracus

I thought the guy we had up at the start of the season looked pretty handy, don't know if it ever came out who he was but looked a tidy finished. I do love an unknown player from the continent.  Moroccan Prince up front with the Prague Prince and King Craw on the touch line

IMG_0432.jpg.75ff6a08fd6e53015ce84ecf12f81465.jpg

Here was the last unknown striker we brought in for a trial - Filip Duris.

Reminder: this game (against Partick Thistle at the beginning of 2017/18) was the same game in which we had Lawrence Shankland, Cameron King and Michael Coulson on trial.

The Shankland trial always riles me. Aw let's play him left midfield, great idea. Then spunk money on Andy Ryan later in the Summer. Unreal.

Pretty sure quite a few clubs passed on Shankland. He was at the time a guy who had not impressed on loan at a number of clubs and had a noted lazy attitude towards fitness.

It was only when he joined Ayr and got a massive kick up the arse and realised he was juniors bound (stuff he's actually said himself) that he turned it around.

In hindsight it's easy to say a big mistake was made on not signing him, but it just isn't true. Had we signed him there's no guarantee that he would have turned it around like he did. He could have been a bit of a waster and been released at the end of the season. If he got a Championship club he might not have had the epiphany he did when they all passed on him and he had to sign for a League 1 club. He might have but it is definitely not a certain thing.

Even Derek McInnes said it was the right decision to release him in 2017.

Pretty sure quite a few clubs passed on Shankland. He was at the time a guy who had not impressed on loan at a number of clubs and had a noted lazy attitude towards fitness.
It was only when he joined Ayr and got a massive kick up the arse and realised he was juniors bound (stuff he's actually said himself) that he turned it around.
In hindsight it's easy to say a big mistake was made on not signing him, but it just isn't true. Had we signed him there's no guarantee that he would have turned it around like he did. He could have been a bit of a waster and been released at the end of the season. If he got a Championship club he might not have had the epiphany he did when they all passed on him and he had to sign for a League 1 club. He might have but it is definitely not a certain thing.
Even Derek McInnes said it was the right decision to release him in 2017.
Nah, that doesn't suit my narrative.