Walking Down The Halbeath Road

You’re not a fan of Higgy I feel #handsoffhiggy

He never “hides” in games that’s for sure. If you don’t like being entertained maybe Higgy is not your style of player?
I have been a fan of Higginbotham in the past and when we have a system and other players that suit his game, and when he's in some sort of form then he's a fine man to have in the team. But we don't have any real identifiable system, other players aren't on his wavelength and when they are he tries stupid World Cup passes, shots and rabobas rather than playing simple (or even inventive/,difficult looking) passes. Some of his shooting at Falkirk, Tannadice and Stark's Park were troubling the corner flag rather than the keeper. Add in his temperament and I'm sad to say it's like having a man short at times.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:57, Salvo Montalbano said:

This has been mentioned before I'm sure and was shown then to be wrong. Not sure where it has sprung up from.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Thursday&ID=11056

“I have come into a situation through no fault of Lee. He is on a part time contract and if we want to do work earlier in the week, and modern day football goalkeepers have a big part in that. Hence the reason of bringing Ryan in. It makes it more competitive as well for the club."

36 minutes ago, JFPar said:

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Thursday&ID=11056

“I have come into a situation through no fault of Lee. He is on a part time contract and if we want to do work earlier in the week, and modern day football goalkeepers have a big part in that. Hence the reason of bringing Ryan in. It makes it more competitive as well for the club."

So how does it make it more competitive if Robinson isn't on the bench or maybe not at the club.

What a load of baelarics

If that's the case let's do away with part time employment for every job.

The gaffer using it as an excuse , it's always considered a sign weakness having to explain your activities ,time will tell 

Edited by Besty

31 minutes ago, Besty said:

So how does it make it more competitive if Robinson isn't on the bench or maybe not at the club.

What a load of baelarics

If that's the case let's do away with part time employment for every job.

The gaffer using it as an excuse , it's always considered a sign weakness having to explain your activities ,time will tell 

Part time players in a full time team is beyond stupid and an obvious disadvantage. It's not really the same as working part time hours in an office is it? As a football player you all train together through the week to get better as a team so that you can go out as a team on the Saturday and work well together. I can see why this would have disadvantages now, don't know why I didn't think of it before.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I wasn't aware he was part time. I find it hilarious he's working on some modern keeper thing whilst his distribution is pish.

He's constantly doing those side volleys on his Instagram and they're absolutely useless in a game. 

18 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Part time players in a full time team is beyond stupid and an obvious disadvantage. It's not really the same as working part time hours in an office is it? As a football player you all train together through the week to get better as a team so that you can go out as a team on the Saturday and work well together. I can see why this would have disadvantages now, don't know why I didn't think of it before.

It's funny that as it worked absolutely fine the end of last season and doesn't seem to effect Stephen Dobbies game.

There's a boat load of professional footballers who don't train everyday because they can't due to age, ongoing injuries and to look after them .

Crawford is using this as a reason which he doesn't have to do as it's his preference.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yes, hence why he's never done one for us. 

Look great on Instagram, but if you kick a ball with as low a trajectory as that there's a solid chance it's getting intercepted. 

I think it's worth invaluable when you have players in space hence he tries to release the ball early , but as you've seen he has trouble with the opposition stopping him from doing that

Plus I'm not to sure the players are up to it certainly doesn't look like anyone wants the ball at all 

Edited by Besty