Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm sure it will become clear why he's signed. Bit surprised by the extreme negativity from the Morton fans about Scully.  Seemed a decent keeper in his time here. Not brilliant but a decent shot stopper and I can't remember too many howlers in his 2 year with us.  I will judge him on what he does here.

Strikers next please Craw.

If Gill goes out on loan it'll still be viewed as a waste of money, surprised that Robinson isn't away already. Maybe have him playing his last game against Morton? 

Be interested in what Crawford says to. Justify the signing. 

If Gill is not deemed good enough just now then him going on loan and bringing in a competitive challenger to Robinson would make sense.

I've heard from a few folk that Gill is not ready for first team football. All it takes is one injury to Robinson and we would be screwed if Gill's not up to it. I think Robinson could do with some serious competion anyway. Just as long as we have funds for a striker or two.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Robert Thomson being mentioned? Injury prone but he's impressed against us in the past. Can't be too many players available at this time of the season, if he's ready to play he might be a shout up front. 

Please please please 

Aye. I'm sure there will be lots of moaning if we do sign him but beggars can't be choosers. He's a strong target man that can hold the ball up. He might do the donkey work for somebody like Faz to work off and maybe allow him to find more dangerous positions in the box..

AJ was clearly happy with the modern day GKs arrangement. A new manager is appointed and thinks differently.

Happens in every single workplace all over the country. Makes sense to me.

There will be further signings tho.

If you compare last January to this we added lots of players despite having guys already on bigger wages probably?

Clark, Morris, McManus, you would think would be top end then we added an entire midfield in Craigen, Beadling, Vincent, Armstrong and Aird. 

Crawford needs the same backing, at least a creative or wide player who can compliment Higgy on the other side, one proper proven striker and a centre half. If possible get rid of five or six on loan or terminate contracts. I know it’s not easy but ffs we have four pretty useless left midfielders. Paton and Cardle are arguably better than the lot of them. What a mess.

On the subject of potential signings SC explained that the homework was being done and behind the scenes work was underway. 

“Obviously it is difficult to try and bring players in January. We do need to strengthen, we are not at the stage where we are at the stage where we can say anything in terms of bringing somebody in. All I can say is that we are working tirelessly behind the scenes to try and add to the team because the squad does need a bit of help.

What stage are we at?

We are not at the stage where we are at the stage where we can say anything?

Cryptic

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What stage are we at?

We are not at the stage where we are at the stage where we can say anything?

Cryptic

Think he's saying that they are enquiring about players but nothing close at the moment. The Craw does seem to take the long way round, when explaining himself. 

If you compare last January to this we added lots of players despite having guys already on bigger wages probably?
Clark, Morris, McManus, you would think would be top end then we added an entire midfield in Craigen, Beadling, Vincent, Armstrong and Aird. 
Crawford needs the same backing, at least a creative or wide player who can compliment Higgy on the other side, one proper proven striker and a centre half. If possible get rid of five or six on loan or terminate contracts. I know it’s not easy but ffs we have four pretty useless left midfielders. Paton and Cardle are arguably better than the lot of them. What a mess.
Aird was already with us - he signed just before the first game of the season (where he started at Livi, although he was hooked early as he was clearly unfit). Also think we'd be better off replacing Higgy rather than complimenting him. He's been poor for most of the season and that's when he isn't being sent off or fighting his own fans.

Aird was already with us - he signed just before the first game of the season (where he started at Livi, although he was hooked early as he was clearly unfit). Also think we'd be better off replacing Higgy rather than complimenting him. He's been poor for most of the season and that's when he isn't being sent off or fighting his own fans.

You’re not a fan of Higgy I feel #handsoffhiggy

He never “hides” in games that’s for sure. If you don’t like being entertained maybe Higgy is not your style of player?

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
32 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I agree he’s been poor but he’s the only decent creative player we have. He gets frustrated when he has to do it all himself our entire setup, squad, tactics is all wrong. Just an utterly shite season.