Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

. How anyone can possibly judge him when he's never had a run of first team games is beyond me.

He's played a fair amount of reserve games etc. From those that have been to a few they seem pretty unanimous that he's not good enough. 

Absolutely no point in playing youth players for the sake off it. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He's played a fair amount of reserve games etc. From those that have been to a few they seem pretty unanimous that he's not good enough. 

Absolutely no point in playing youth players for the sake off it. 

How many people are we talking about here? If he was so unimpressive then why is he sitting on our bench every week? I'd like to see him with my own eyes, rather than some random punters who go to reserve games, which is a totally different universe from first team football.

I'm not saying play them for the sake of it; my point is to play the best talents we have and given them a sustained chance to make an impression on the first team. There's no point in throwing them in if they're not ready and also no point in taking them out after a bad performance or two. 

I'm certainly far happier with the idea of progressing young players and selling them on if possible than the previous strategy of filling gaps with bang average jounreymen who bounce from club to club.

Also, Aidan Keena starting for Hearts against Dundee this evening. Good to see him getting a shot.
Also means if he does head back out on loan in the next week (unlikely I know) then it would have to be back to EEP.
Think that was already the case as he's played in the League Cup for Hearts this season already.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s rumoured we are going to sign Scullie and Tomson

Chuckle.

Aye but .net rumours are to be mocked if they're listened to at all.

Whilst I agree that a keeper isn't the priority I liked Scully so if he's replacing Robinson for whatever reason I wouldn't be gutted.

Not sure what market you think we should be 'shopping' in.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How many people are we talking about here? If he was so unimpressive then why is he sitting on our bench every week? I'd like to see him with my own eyes, rather than some random punters who go to reserve games, which is a totally different universe from first team football.

I don't know many who go to the games, but then why would they lie? He's sitting on our bench because he's a cheap back up option? As was shown last year, if the first choice keeper was to be out for any amount of time we'd sign another. 

If you want to see him with your own eyes, then go to some reserve games, if he's not playing well in those you're unlikely to see him in a first team game anytime soon. 

54 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't know many who go to the games, but then why would they lie? He's sitting on our bench because he's a cheap back up option? As was shown last year, if the first choice keeper was to be out for any amount of time we'd sign another. 

If you want to see him with your own eyes, then go to some reserve games, if he's not playing well in those you're unlikely to see him in a first team game anytime soon. 

Whit?

I'm not saying they're "lying" ffs. Just that I'm not going to take the opinion of some random folk I don't know as a definitive judgement of a player. I find it more relevant that he made a Scotland youth squad than a couple of people you know didn't rate him in meaningless bounce game.

As I mentioned, the new management set-up made a clear point about giving some younger players a chance, so I'd say what happened previously can be ignored. Unless of course Craw and Shields were talking shite, which I'm by no means discounting completely.

For you second point, I've already said that reserve games mean absolutely nothing and I wouldn't judge any player by how they performed in them. Never mind the fact they usually take place on a midweek afternoon and having a job sort of prevents me from taking one in.

Is Swanson anywhere near your first team? I went to an athletics club with him and was sad to see he left Raith as it meant I could no longer get any insider gossip. I remember him being very, very quick. Nice guy, and I hope he is successful with you.

Is Swanson anywhere near your first team? I went to an athletics club with him and was sad to see he left Raith as it meant I could no longer get any insider gossip. I remember him being very, very quick. Nice guy, and I hope he is successful with you.
Who the feck is Swanson?