Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Thomson, Beadling, Craigen, Higgy, Vincent and Keana or really the only players that haven’t let us down really.
 Longridge lately has been poor. Central defence is a joke. Midfield centrally is ok but we lack someone who can get balls forward quickly. On the left side of midfield we have four players. None of them have held that place down. L. Longridge probably best of a bad bunch but I’m not actually sure what he is and he’s injured. Muirhead looks either unfit or beyond help. Connolly is a pish version of Cardle. Hippo is getting played out of position and has done ok but again looks hopeless at times, makes daft decisions or has a terrible touch. Higgy on the right is now drifting all over the place which can be effective. If he plays well then so do we. Upfront we look awful. Fais tries really hard but drops deeper and deeper or chases lost causes then fluffs chances with soft shots. Ryan looks out for some time and then you have a kid who couldn’t get a game for Arbroath.
Im disappointed that Crawford has played quite safe and really has only tweaked it by moving Vincent further forward. Our squad is totally disjointed and lacking quality in four or five positions despite us signing supposedly better quality players.
We have replaced Aird, Clark, Morris and McManus with crap and if we are paying the same wages then that’s utterly bonkers.
I think it’s this that has cost us, no manager can fix it. Just stop the rot a little. Hopefully enough to save us going down.
We must sign a striker and a winger plus a competent centre half in the window. It’s really that bad imo.

Guessing that was a joke? Terrible performances, ridiculous rabona crosses and a stupid red card up in Dingwall haven't let us down?

We were about to sign someone from you lot, but the change in manager meant that he stayed at EEP. Any ideas who it was?
http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/17376002.dumbarton-boss-jim-duffy-reassures-fans-there-will-be-january-reinforcements/

Probably one of the youn lads, maybe Lewis McCann?

Where does he play? We're basically looking for players in every position, but it would be interesting to see where Duffy's targeting bodies.

I believe up front, but this is pure speculation on my part.

If it was McCann then yes, he is a striker.

About the only position it’s not a necessity for us to change at the moment. That will take us to 4 keepers in a squad of 20? Surely 1 of the other 3 has to be going. Want that much of a fan of Scully first time, don’t think he’s as good as Robinson either, so a signing that doesn’t get me jumping off my seat.

6 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

About the only position it’s not a necessity for us to change at the moment. That will take us to 4 keepers in a squad of 20? Surely 1 of the other 3 has to be going. Want that much of a fan of Scully first time, don’t think he’s as good as Robinson either, so a signing that doesn’t get me jumping off my seat.

What's the deal with Sean Murdoch's injury?

He's a tremendous 'keeper, but it seems as if he's been out forever. 

Murdoch is finished and I don't think Robinson is actually arsed. He's more interested in leaving elbows and kicks on opposition players or winding up their fans. Great when you're 2-4 up away to Falkirk but he's a risk. Gill can't be as good as some let on as we keep bringing in more experienced keepers.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

What's the deal with Sean Murdoch's injury?

He's a tremendous 'keeper, but it seems as if he's been out forever. 

Meant to be slowly coming back now but is out of contract in the summer.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Scully played under McNamara, didn’t he? There’s your first ‘old pals’ signing then.

:lol:

You're absolutely desperate for such pish to be true that you've already started making things up.

He played what, a handful of games under McNamara before being punted out on loan? You might recall that he played a lot of games at East End, far more than he did under McNamara. He was loaned to Albion Rovers before that as well. 

Anyway, not getting the stuff about Robinson not being bothered. Think this is just silly pish that someone made up and folk are jumping on. Where's the evidence of this? He's seemed pretty committed to me.

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, JFPar said:

Murdoch is finished and I don't think Robinson is actually arsed. He's more interested in leaving elbows and kicks on opposition players or winding up their fans. Great when you're 2-4 up away to Falkirk but he's a risk. Gill can't be as good as some let on as we keep bringing in more experienced keepers.

Of courses he's arsed ,you're playing for your own pride.

It's pathetic to think that a footballer wouldnt care

Robinson was in the form of his life when he first joined us. He said as much when he signed a new deal in the summer. It's unrealistic to expect that form to continue for such a long period.

I've seen far worse goalkeepers play for us.

Robinson has been fine and is not the reason we've struggled this season. He's actually kept an impressive number of clean sheets during his time at EEP, considering we've often been average at best.

My point about Gill getting a shot is more in line with getting more youth guys in the starting line-up on a weekly basis. Crawford/Shields/McArthur all made a point of talking about this as a plan going forward and he seems like an obvious place to start. If he's not good enough then he'll move on down the leagues. How anyone can possibly judge him when he's never had a run of first team games is beyond me.