Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Everyone thinks Ashcroft made Morris look good, whereas I think it was the other way about. Devine is a charlatan and Durnan isn't much better. In Durnan's defence, he was doing okay with Ashcroft prior to him needing surgery around the start of October, but he's not the answer.
If we're exclusively looking at those players I'd be shocked.
I would be surprised if you were also. Certainly a rumour iv seen a few times though. You have enough about you that you shouldn't be flirting with relegation this season. Although you enjoyed large spells of posesion on Saturday other than the Thomson save you didn't really create any chances though. Quite similar to how we have been in the league although we tend to take the chances we do create when nisbett is fit.

30 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I thought you guys looked alright for most of the game on Saturday. Didn’t create much, but looked comfortable in possession and at half time I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it finish 0-1. I was happy to get to half time at 0-0 and until the red card would have easily taken the draw.

I don’t even think the sending off changed much – the penalty and subsequent goal was the killer as you could see the confidence evaporate. After that, with the change in atmosphere and momentum there was only one winner. Crawford didn’t help matters by taking off your more dangerous looking players also – going 2 up top just stretched the play out and left more gaps for us to exploit with 10 men – and more importantly left Dunfermline with no real out ball.

Theres probably enough quality in that squad to avoid too much trouble, but I thought that about us 2 years ago - a team low on confidence can really go on the slide very quickly.  

I'd agree with most of this. The small gap between the red card and the penalty saw us create some of our better chances and look more dangerous than for most of the game. I felt Rovers had done almost nothing in the match prior to going 1-0 up but won it at a canter from that point on.

It also looked to me like we had no one up front so I was shocked when Crawford talked about going for it in his post-match comments. Probably tells you how effective Muirhead is.

If it gets tight at the bottom during the final few weeks and we haven't improved at all then I think we're in deep shit. Relegated by the Rovers in the play-off final would bookend this dreadful campaign rather effectively.

I'd agree with most of this. The small gap between the red card and the penalty saw us create some of our better chances and look more dangerous than for most of the game. I felt Rovers had done almost nothing in the match prior to going 1-0 up but won it at a canter from that point on.
It also looked to me like we had no one up front so I was shocked when Crawford talked about going for it in his post-match comments. Probably tells you how effective Muirhead is.
If it gets tight at the bottom during the final few weeks and we haven't improved at all then I think we're in deep shit. Relegated by the Rovers in the play-off final would bookend this dreadful campaign rather effectively.
From our point of view it would be glorious but unfortunately we are unlikely to get past EF even if you do manage to end up in the playoffs. You probably should have hired young on the basis mcglynn hasn't beat him so far.

15 hours ago, grumswall said:
15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

From our point of view it would be glorious but unfortunately we are unlikely to get past EF even if you do manage to end up in the playoffs. You probably should have hired young on the basis mcglynn hasn't beat him so far.

if this experiment of Carwford dosnt work out (I really hope it does) then Young would be my stand out candidate by a country mile.

You're apparently after Ryan Scully. Didn't have the best of starts with us but JJ dropped him and he spat the dummy out. 

Good shot stopper. Did well with us in league one before, so might be an asset next season!

In all seriousness, goalkeeper isn’t an area I’d see as a priority to strengthen, unless this means Robinson’s leaving/Murdoch won’t be back. Would much rather see any budget that’s available spent on RB, CB or (most importantly) striker that can score.

Would be happy for us to get rid of Robinson and bring in Scully. Robinson only trains twice a week, I don't think he's really arsed tbh. Probably makes more coin doing his Modern Day Goalie stuff.

This has been mentioned before I'm sure and was shown then to be wrong. Not sure where it has sprung up from.

On 20/01/2019 at 09:02, Stellaboz said:

Our fans can take a f**k to themselves until they're bleeding to fucking death. Utter c***s who just nasty when the going gets tough on the park.

Today wasn't Crawfords fault. Who's he supposed to play ahead of Devine? Durnan?!?! He came on and fucking sold the jerseys. Im Devine's biggest critic but he was absolutely solid until Ashcroft went off.

Also, Higgy wasn't trying?! If you actually think that you're grade A idiot and I'd back up Higgy with that square go all the way. Soem of our support don't know SHIT about football and simply love being able to froth at the mouth because their pathetic little egos can't handle a shocking scoreline such as that.

PREACH! Spot on. 

On 20/01/2019 at 10:42, All-Star-Par said:

Paying the price for the board blindly backing AJ to the hilt for so long. We are fucked and this lies solely at the boards door. Queue witty replies of 'sack the board' but it's absolutely true, they chucked all their eggs in one basket and now we have nothing left to get ourselves out this mess cos AJ signed dross and we've had to use any funds we had to rectify that horrendous two year deal mistake. Fucking hopeless from top to bottom and everyone could see it coming but the board buried their heads in the sand. Spineless, just like the team. 

Its as if the board can't see into the future!!

It was a completely justified decision to back AJ in the summer. It hasn't worked out as we all had hoped, which is the case in most football related decisions made at board level at any club on the planet.

6 hours ago, Scosha said:

You're apparently after Ryan Scully. Didn't have the best of starts with us but JJ dropped him and he spat the dummy out. 

Cammy Gill would be as well packing his bags if we bring in another keeper. It's probably dead last in the positions we need to address so I'd not be shocked in the slightest if he ended up coming in.

It is obvious to me that up top the Pars are struggling but then again you had a lot of the ball but you didn’t really have a lot of goalward bound chances, we had no chances really until the sending off which changed the game for us . Don’t know much about the Pars since we joined the seaside league but it appears Nicky Clark hasn’t  really been replaced along with Aird and Morris by the same quality ?