Walking Down The Halbeath Road

There’s no doubt Ashcroft fouled their striker yesterday but referees need to get wise to smaller centre forwards jumping into their man. He did it several times and McDonald was also a master of this. Ashcroft and Durnam got done by not being able to play the ball as the striker certainly wasn’t.

I guess standing off and letting them win the header or just standing the right side all the time is the best choice?

The fact the entire game changed due to one bad decision is incredibly harsh on our defence and Crawford. Hippo should have buried his chance with any composure he slots it away easily. 

Basic bad errors and decisions have ruined our season. It’s not acceptable for a full time outfit.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It’s fucking autocorrect. You know fine well who it is. Sort out your fridge before lecturing my iPad.

C7D4DD42-8604-4841-91F5-E1D0010E79A0.png

:lol:

I know, but you should be aware of my petty pedantry.

What's wrong with my fridge?

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:17, basher brash said:

the penalty was the changing point of the game because as soon as Vaughan scored you could see the Pars heads dropped.

From the red card only one team was going to win. I wouldn't say either team was in control, but a few minutes prior to the red I felt we would get a goal, then the red happens and I knew we would concede, however I didn't expect us to completely sh*te the bed and concede three goals.

Four massive defensive errors. Ashcroft getting binned, Durnan for the penalty, everyone for the second goal and Devine for the third. Jesus that third goal, I'm not even sure I'd say that was schoolboy, it was much worse. Take nothing away from Raith, they seen the weakness and went in for the kill.

Edited by JFPar

3 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Sacking AJ was the biggest mistake your mob have made yet. Results have really picked up since then, yeah?

Aye, two games (one of which was just a couple of days after the appointment of the new management team) is definitely enough to judge someone on.

4 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Sacking AJ was the biggest mistake your mob have made yet. Results have really picked up since then, yeah?

Played a better team (Dundee Utd) away from home and lost narrowly due to a defensive error. Saturday was a shambles but the same thing would have happened under AJ.

From the red card only one team was going to win. I wouldn't say either team was in control, but a few minutes prior to the red I felt we would get a goal, then the red happens and I knew we would concede, however I didn't expect us to completely sh*te the bed and concede three goals.
Four massive defensive errors. Ashcroft getting binned, Durnan for the penalty, everyone for the second goal and Devine for the third. Jesus that third goal, I'm not even sure I'd say that was schoolboy, it was much worse. Take nothing away from Raith, they seen the weakness and went in for the kill.
I said at ht we weren't getting enough space in between the lines. It took the sending off which was just stupid from ashcroft (the covering defender would have been nowhere near considering Robinson ended up with the ball in his hands, for the pars fan who said it wasn't a sending off) for us to find that space. The third goal as much as it should have been dealt with just showed the difference in desire with Vaughan chasing down what should have been a lost cause, which he done for the whole 90 mins.

Its pretty obvious you need someone competent in to play next to ashcroft who is a good cb, stupid decision on Saturday aside and a striker who can either play the lone role or who can link up with el bak effectively. If as I read that your exclusively looking at players with Jackie macs agency then I wouldn't be confident of you getting either though.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Its pretty obvious you need someone competent in to play next to ashcroft who is a good cb, stupid decision on Saturday aside and a striker who can either play the lone role or who can link up with el bak effectively. If as I read that your exclusively looking at players with Jackie macs agency then I wouldn't be confident of you getting either though.

Everyone thinks Ashcroft made Morris look good, whereas I think it was the other way about. Devine is a charlatan and Durnan isn't much better. In Durnan's defence, he was doing okay with Ashcroft prior to him needing surgery around the start of October, but he's not the answer.

If we're exclusively looking at those players I'd be shocked.

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I said at ht we weren't getting enough space in between the lines. It took the sending off which was just stupid from ashcroft (the covering defender would have been nowhere near considering Robinson ended up with the ball in his hands, for the pars fan who said it wasn't a sending off) for us to find that space. The third goal as much as it should have been dealt with just showed the difference in desire with Vaughan chasing down what should have been a lost cause, which he done for the whole 90 mins.

Where did you read this utter fable?

On 19/01/2019 at 20:00, smpar said:

Can't remember who pointed it out but it's worrying when a player who scored 3(?) goals on a loan spell is a big miss. We're really missing Clark, Aird, Cardle and Morris. 

Aye that was me. The weeping over Keena tells you all you need to know about how poor we've been this season.

I avoided P&B over the weekend to just let the result settle for a couple of days and I'm glad I did. Some of the comments on here have been cringeworthy.

I've kept seeing people talking about how "in control" we were on Saturday before the red card. Must have missed that tbh as I thought it was an absolutely brutal game of football until we self-destructed with the red and penalty. We then predictably crumbled after going a goal down, which we do 90% of the time. They missed a huge opportunity with such a large away crowd but they let them down badly.

There were very little positives to take and even if you thought we were great before Ashcroft got sent off, losing 3-0 to a League One side is not acceptable. We've changed the manager but a lot of the players aren't up to it and are far too soft when a game becomes difficult. I'm not suggesting they don't try; far from it. Their confidence is very low though and it results in us being far too easy to score against, while struggling to find the back of the net at the other end.

No matter what happens between now and May, I'm sure the squad will look very different in August and most of the departures will not be missed by many. I'd like to keep Beadling, Longridge, Thomson and a few of the younger lads but the rest really haven't shown very much this season and really need to perform over the next few months. If we play like we did after going 1-0 down on Sat then we are definitely in a relegation battle. Hopefully results pick up, Crawford shows he's not just Potter MkII and we can look forward to next season with a bit more belief but it's a bit grim at the minute.

54 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Signing Callum McGregor then

I thought you guys looked alright for most of the game on Saturday. Didn’t create much, but looked comfortable in possession and at half time I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it finish 0-1. I was happy to get to half time at 0-0 and until the red card would have easily taken the draw.

I don’t even think the sending off changed much – the penalty and subsequent goal was the killer as you could see the confidence evaporate. After that, with the change in atmosphere and momentum there was only one winner. Crawford didn’t help matters by taking off your more dangerous looking players also – going 2 up top just stretched the play out and left more gaps for us to exploit with 10 men – and more importantly left Dunfermline with no real out ball.

Theres probably enough quality in that squad to avoid too much trouble, but I thought that about us 2 years ago - a team low on confidence can really go on the slide very quickly.