Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Our fans can take a f**k to themselves until they're bleeding to fucking death. Utter c***s who just nasty when the going gets tough on the park.

Today wasn't Crawfords fault. Who's he supposed to play ahead of Devine? Durnan?!?! He came on and fucking sold the jerseys. Im Devine's biggest critic but he was absolutely solid until Ashcroft went off.

Also, Higgy wasn't trying?! If you actually think that you're grade A idiot and I'd back up Higgy with that square go all the way. Soem of our support don't know SHIT about football and simply love being able to froth at the mouth because their pathetic little egos can't handle a shocking scoreline such as that.

100% the way some folk carry on is like the behaviour I would expect from Celtic and Rangers* fans who are utterly seething when something goes against them.

If we ever win the cup (and lets be honest its a big if) then being utterly pumped by Raith will make it all the sweeter in years to come. Anyone creaming themselves singing you're not fit to wear the shirt, is insane, we were sold by our captain who has been fairly dependable this season and then a terrible defensive error from Durnan, until then we were well on top. And our midfield was excellent I thought.

The man in front of me was utterly seething the whole game through even when we were on top. I don't know what was shouted at Higgy but it was out of order if it provoked such a reaction.

Paying the price for the board blindly backing AJ to the hilt for so long. We are fucked and this lies solely at the boards door. Queue witty replies of 'sack the board' but it's absolutely true, they chucked all their eggs in one basket and now we have nothing left to get ourselves out this mess cos AJ signed dross and we've had to use any funds we had to rectify that horrendous two year deal mistake. Fucking hopeless from top to bottom and everyone could see it coming but the board buried their heads in the sand. Spineless, just like the team. 

I agree with the sentiment but “spineless” is a bit OTT. AJ should have been sacked months ago, but they persisted with him and now Craw is having to pick up the pieces. We are really, really shit and need practically a full new team, but we’re stuck and need to hope Stevie can somehow turn it around. I’d take 8th place right now if I’m being honest.

Our fans can take a f**k to themselves until they're bleeding to fucking death. Utter c***s who just nasty when the going gets tough on the park.

Today wasn't Crawfords fault. Who's he supposed to play ahead of Devine? Durnan?!?! He came on and fucking sold the jerseys. Im Devine's biggest critic but he was absolutely solid until Ashcroft went off.

Also, Higgy wasn't trying?! If you actually think that you're grade A idiot and I'd back up Higgy with that square go all the way. Soem of our support don't know SHIT about football and simply love being able to froth at the mouth because their pathetic little egos can't handle a shocking scoreline such as that.
LOUD NOISES

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant believe none of you leathered Higgy. What a shower of fucking pussies

I thought the parthetic pussies who were mincing along Links Street with their flag, and making out they were hard men, might have taken him on?

No?

ETA; As much as Stevie Crawford is a Raith legend I doubt he will ever cut it as a manager.                          His tenure at East Fife is well remembered, for the wrong reasons.

I was genuinely surprised  he was appointed to the EEP job.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Anyway, we're in massive trouble.
With Keena I was confident we could shitfest it to 6th or 7th easily, but now I'm worried.
Almost certainly it's a reaction to today, in which we were even enough first half but dominated, even when down to 10 men, until the penalty. The way we crumbled was shocking and deeply concerning 

How would you feel if Keena signed for us?

I'm pretty sure this can be appealed and has done in the past

I’m pretty sure this is a FIFA rule and the FIFA rules specifically mention that under no circumstances can they play for more than 2 clubs in the same country, within one season. Only potential exceptions to the 2 club rule that I’m aware of, is when moves are between countries with summer starts and Jan/Feb season start dates.

Unless you can provide examples of someone being allowed to play for a third club, in the same country in the same season, since the rule was introduced?

I remember Morton re-signing Tidser and him not being allowed to play for the first 6 months, a few years ago.

Paying the price for the board blindly backing AJ to the hilt for so long. We are fucked and this lies solely at the boards door. Queue witty replies of 'sack the board' but it's absolutely true, they chucked all their eggs in one basket and now we have nothing left to get ourselves out this mess cos AJ signed dross and we've had to use any funds we had to rectify that horrendous two year deal mistake. Fucking hopeless from top to bottom and everyone could see it coming but the board buried their heads in the sand. Spineless, just like the team. 

So how much more did AJ being paid off with a two year deal cost compared to having a one year deal? I very much doubt that he’s getting an extra years garden leave. Having so many players on a 1 year deal makes stability an issue as we discovered in the summer. Hindsight is also an abundant thing that everyone is blessed with, it’s foresight that’s the rarer commodity. Were you protesting from the roof tops when the two year contract was handed out, because the way I remember it, there was very little negative reception when the extension was announced on the back of being unlucky in the play off.

Can’t believe half the stuff I’m reading on here. I thought Higgy put in a decent shift yesterday and Stevie’s interviews are honest, open assessments and welcomingly don’t have “obviously” every second sentence.

Yesterday, we looked in control of the game until the sending off (the clear cut goal scoring opportunity was debatable given there was another defender ready to intercept), then with 10 men I thought we had our best spell until the penalty. Individual errors cost us dearly and the wide margin in the score line will look bad in the history books but was not the entire picture. Calling Stevie “a coward” for playing one up top is just ludicrous given that we were getting forward and midfielders were working hard to get into advanced positions to support - this caused Rovers problems in that they were finding it difficult to pick them up. That was until we went behind and had to chase the game.

I was hurting last night - it was almost like grieving, but one awful result does not a managerial tenure make.

Stevie makes a good point about mental toughness and if he can do a bit of psychology about how to deal with setbacks after being on top (which is a major trait currently) it can only benefit them.

Priority though is a new face up front and I think Smith should have been given a start yesterday, and I’d also be giving Martin a shot in defence as his more recent appearances were showing him to be a decent defender. With any budget freed from the loss of the loaners from Hearts, a central defender (experienced with leadership qualities) and striker (one with physicality and presence) should be at the forefront for Stevie.

An aside about players coming over to show appreciation for support, if any “fan” thinks this is patronising or it is a good opportunity to have a go, then they’re not thinking clearly. I don’t think there was a player who “wasn’t trying” yesterday. We were severely punished by two, albeit avoidable, mistakes. If Stevie had not changed it to chase the tie, we’d probably have not lost the third, but there was nothing to gain in keeping the score line respectable in a cup tie.

TLDR version

Give Stevie a chance at least.